There are 163 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Brady wins Comeback player of the year

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/01/06/comeback.ap/index.html
He received 19 votes from a nationwide panel of 50 sports writers and broadcasters who cover the NFL, beating Tampa Bay running back Carnell "Cadillac" Williams, who got 14.

[ Edited by valrod33 on Jan 6, 2010 at 9:05 AM ]
Too bad Benson didn't stay healthy.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
ugh, people love brady's nuts don't they
hey valrod.... John Elway.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

• luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:

In other news Vince Young won the "player screwed by Tom Brady for an award" award.

VY's comeback > Brady's comeback.
Originally posted by luv49rs:
ugh, people love brady's nuts don't they

Well who do you think should have won?
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Originally posted by valrod33:

Originally posted by KRS-1:
In other news Vince Young won the "player screwed by Tom Brady for an award" award.

This. The guy basically wanted to kill himself a year ago, and then turns around the Titans and doesn't get recognized? Ridiculous. If they wanted to give Brady the "Most Rules Ever Created Because of a Player Award" I'd be okay with that. The next time I see him complaining to a ref after someone tries to knock him down I'm going to smash my TV.
[ Edited by itlynstalyn on Jan 6, 2010 at 9:36 AM ]
big surprise
Even VD deserves it more than Brady
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by KRS-1:

This. The guy basically wanted to kill himself a year ago, and then turns around the Titans and doesn't get recognized? Ridiculous. If they wanted to give Brady the "Most Rules Ever Created Because of a Player Award" I'd be okay with that. The next time I see him complaining to a ref after someone tries to knock him down I'm going to smash my TV.

Every player since 2003 (Jon Kitna) has won the award following injuries from the previous season. Writers generally see the award as a rebound following a physical issue, rather than Vince Young just completely going apes**t. Also, did you see Vince Young play? Brady was statistically superior.
the only thing that proves is 19 sportswriters/broadcasters are ratard