LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

L.A. stadium builder: Jags, Bills first teams it will try to relocate

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by nothing03:
Originally posted by teeohh:
what if no team wants to move?

That would be stupid for NFL not to capitalize the move on LA with a new stadium already on the way. LA is the second largest city in the USA.

How many fans went out to see the Rams and Raiders?

Which is of course why they moved out!
I hate when teams leave their area.... watching that old video of the Colts leaving in the middle of the night from Baltimore to Indy is sickening......or when the Browns left Cleveland and the fans brought caskets to the last Browns home game was sad....

so how about everyone stay where they are at....but the Chargers move to LA but keep the same city name, this has been brought up before.

or renamed SoCal Chargers.
Originally posted by CornellU49er:
If this does happen I will be interested to see if the NFL will do a slight re-aligning of the divisions. I read one article suggesting the Jags move to LA and join the NFC west with the Rams filling their spot in the AFC South.

As much as losing our division rivalry with the Rams would suck, this makes a lot of sense to me.

Ultimately, though, as long as the "LA 49ers" is completely out of the question I'm happy.

it would make more sense for the divisional realigning, but theres a reason they kept the Rams in the NFC West, and its because the 49ers and Rams have one of the oldest and fiercest rivalries in NFL history. they couldve moved them to another division if they wanted beforehand.

That would be stupid for NFL not to capitalize the move on LA with a new stadium already on the way. LA is the second largest city in the USA.

fairweather fans
Won't be remotely surprised if it's the Rams. There have definitely been rumblings of them moving back.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Won't be remotely surprised if it's the Rams. There have definitely been rumblings of them moving back.

What would they call themselves? "return to sender" Rams, "please forward" Rams, "No Fixed Abode Rams"?
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

fairweather fans

False
damn! Wanted it to be the Rams. For one, it would be a shorter flight for our boys. Also, a niner game in LA every year would be sweet.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I hate when teams leave their area.... watching that old video of the Colts leaving in the middle of the night from Baltimore to Indy is sickening......or when the Browns left Cleveland and the fans brought caskets to the last Browns home game was sad....

so how about everyone stay where they are at....but the Chargers move to LA but keep the same city name, this has been brought up before.

or renamed SoCal Chargers.

I always thought the Chargers made the most sense
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
I say Jacksonville Jags move to LA before BuffaLLLLo BiLLLLs.

they go from Jags to Mountain Lions thus it'll be

LA Cougars

This was my idea. For shame!

Share 49ersWebzone