LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 316 users in the forums

Redskins pursue Mike Shanahan/ UPDATE SIGNED SHANAHAN

Shop 49ers game tickets
Shanahan sure is a brave soul. Working for Al and Snyder in one lifetime is.............
inconceivable.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
$7 Million per season. The YORKIES will never pay anybody that kind of money. By comparison sing is a great value at his bargain basement price. Our ownership is the envy of the league.

I really hope you're not praising Snyder for paying Shanahan $7 million a year.

If you are,

How much are the Yorks paying Singletary a year?
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
$7 Million per season. The YORKIES will never pay anybody that kind of money. By comparison sing is a great value at his bargain basement price. Our ownership is the envy of the league.

If you are,

How much are the Yorks paying Singletary a year?

IIRC he signed for 4 yrs total value 10 million.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

If you are,

What difference does it make to you or me or SD49er what coaches are being paid?

Give me Shanahan over Singletary any day of the week, give me Shanahan over most of the coaches in the NFL now, any day of the week.

If you are,

Yeah 7 mill a year is well worth it for a great coach. Look what we're stuck with....Jimmy Raye and Singletary.
[ Edited by WheresWaldo on Jan 6, 2010 at 1:03 PM ]
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

If you are,

What difference does it make to you or me or SD49er what coaches are being paid?

Give me Shanahan over Singletary any day of the week, give me Shanahan over most of the coaches in the NFL now, any day of the week.
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Originally posted by valrod33:
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=136161

I know the redskins fired zorn! but i didnt know they were looking at getting Shanny.

reply 6 of that thread and reply 13

Im not going to sift through every post on the zone Thread title says zorn fired. No reason to even open it up.

Christ, if you watched any ESPN or NFL Network over the past two weeks or more you would know that they were courting Shanahan. I'm sorry but it's been all over the place.
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
Originally posted by strickac:
This is the best move the Skins have probably every made. The Skin's defense is pretty solid. They're loaded with talent. If anyone can get production out of Campbell and the offense, it's Shanahan.

Good for them.

I like the move as well. I wouldn't be surprised if Shanahan wanted to bring in his own QB though.

Maybe he can work a "HershelWalkeresque" type deal with the Bears whereby they give up all their draft picks to Chicago for Cutler. God knows he got an egotistical owner in his court that would pay to do that.

10 to 1 two things will happen within the next two years. 1)The Redskins will be in the top 10 in offense and the bottom 10 in defense. 2)Without Elway at QB, the Shanahan led Redskins will get to the playoffs and loose their opening game.
[ Edited by nvninerfan1 on Jan 6, 2010 at 2:20 PM ]
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Unfortunately they also get Shanahan, the talent evaluator. He is awful.
I'm more interested on what he's going to do with Campbell.

i am immediately a redskins mini-fan, as long as they arent playing us or doing anything to hinder us from playoff contention..

there isn't a single coach in the NFL who has been more consistent in winning with what you have, and when there is talent, any Shannahan led offense is simply scary...i am thoroughly jealous
Originally posted by MaliCali:
i am immediately a redskins mini-fan, as long as they arent playing us or doing anything to hinder us from playoff contention..

there isn't a single coach in the NFL who has been more consistent in winning with what you have, and when there is talent, any Shannahan led offense is simply scary...i am thoroughly jealous

Seriously, and Shanny will be bringing in Alex Gibbs to regulate the o-line.

It's just so unfair... They'll get Gibbs... while we'll be stuck with Chris Foerester.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by MaliCali:

Seriously, and Shanny will be bringing in Alex Gibbs to regulate the o-line.

It's just so unfair... They'll get Gibbs... while we'll be stuck with Chris Foerester.

The only equalizer is the divisions. No franchises in the NFC are trying harder than the Cowboys, Redskins, Giants and Eagles. The only justice is that they tear each other up so.
So Kyle Shanahan must have been in the last year of his contract right?

If so, more people should have figured that last year. Mike was going to wait a year for his son to be freed and they would basically be a package deal.

Man. How come the Niners didn't want em?
I would take Shanny only on the condition that he doesn't touch the defense at all. That is included in drafting players.

-9fA
Share 49ersWebzone