There are 213 users in the forums

Nate Davis thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Sing just said we could see Nate for a few series over the next 2 games. He said the most important thing is to win, but at this point (being out of the playoffs), he is open to seeing what a guy could do. He also said that Alex is his guy, but he specifically stated that he was open to the idea.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Sing just said we could see Nate for a few series over the next 2 games. He said the most important thing is to win, but at this point (being out of the playoffs), he is open to seeing what a guy could do. He also said that Alex is his guy, but he specifically stated that he was open to the idea.

he did
Originally posted by susweel:

he did

Yup.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by mrgneissguy:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Dshearn:
They need to start getting him qb reps in practice.

Off the field he is best thrower of the bunch

Based on?

Reality

So you have no justification at all.

Watched Davis play at Ball State on ESPN at least 4 times last year and all his preseason games.

Plus I've played ball my entire life and I currently coach high school and run football camps year round so before you try to push your "Veteran" status from a message board, I would stfu

The Ball State Stadium is within about 5 miles from my house. I, my wife and my two daughters watched him play for three years. We watched him develop from a freshman getting 2 or 3 series a game, to a freshman starting against Michigan in Michigan (and scaring the hell out of the Wolverine faithful). I watched him play at Nebraska and lead the team to over 40 points. We watched him lead a successful aerial attack during his sophomore year when the coaches had to resort to converting linebackers into running backs due to injury (try being a successful quarterback without a true running back). We watched him all the way through his junior year leading a team that normally considers a 7-5 season a success finish the regular season 12-0 and nationally ranked for the first time in school history. We watched that same team finish this season with only 2 wins without him.

I've seen him make throws that very few QBs at any level can make. I've seen him throw with touch, I've seen him throw it 15+ yards on a rope to a receiver outside the numbers. I've seen him throw it 50+ yards for a touchdown across his body, off his back foot, while scrambling. And to those folks worried about his height (he's maybe an inch shorter than the prototypical QB), he has a very high release point. And to those worried about the laces thing, he throws a tighter and more consistent spiral than Peyton Manning (Being in the same state, I've seen him play an awful lot as well).

He may not be a great QB in the NFL, as there is more to it than just throwing. But from a pure throwing ability standpoint, he is by far the best on the team.

ive heard all this too and I do hope Nate is our Future QB, but not next season. I want him to progress behind the scenes.

2010: Alex Smith, Starter; Nate Davis, No. 2.

i hope alex lights it up next year in the same offense, but no one expects it. If he does not, I'll be on the bandwagon for Nate Davis 2011.

Alex Smith the starter in 2010?? Here we go again, another 7-9 season in 2010 (if we're lucky).
He got his chance AGAIN this season, the guy just cant make good decisions, and when he does.... just watch the eagles game again. Our defense is great, but they cant b on the field most of the day due to multiple interceptions.
I really hope we can c Nate soon.
Originally posted by fly15:

Based on?

Reality

Watched Davis play at Ball State on ESPN at least 4 times last year and all his preseason games.

Plus I've played ball my entire life and I currently coach high school and run football camps year round so before you try to push your "Veteran" status from a message board, I would stfu

The Ball State Stadium is within about 5 miles from my house. I, my wife and my two daughters watched him play for three years. We watched him develop from a freshman getting 2 or 3 series a game, to a freshman starting against Michigan in Michigan (and scaring the hell out of the Wolverine faithful). I watched him play at Nebraska and lead the team to over 40 points. We watched him lead a successful aerial attack during his sophomore year when the coaches had to resort to converting linebackers into running backs due to injury (try being a successful quarterback without a true running back). We watched him all the way through his junior year leading a team that normally considers a 7-5 season a success finish the regular season 12-0 and nationally ranked for the first time in school history. We watched that same team finish this season with only 2 wins without him.

I've seen him make throws that very few QBs at any level can make. I've seen him throw with touch, I've seen him throw it 15+ yards on a rope to a receiver outside the numbers. I've seen him throw it 50+ yards for a touchdown across his body, off his back foot, while scrambling. And to those folks worried about his height (he's maybe an inch shorter than the prototypical QB), he has a very high release point. And to those worried about the laces thing, he throws a tighter and more consistent spiral than Peyton Manning (Being in the same state, I've seen him play an awful lot as well).

He may not be a great QB in the NFL, as there is more to it than just throwing. But from a pure throwing ability standpoint, he is by far the best on the team.

ive heard all this too and I do hope Nate is our Future QB, but not next season. I want him to progress behind the scenes.

i hope alex lights it up next year in the same offense, but no one expects it. If he does not, I'll be on the bandwagon for Nate Davis 2011.

Alex Smith the starter in 2010?? Here we go again, another 7-9 season in 2010 (if we're lucky).
He got his chance AGAIN this season, the guy just cant make good decisions, and when he does.... just watch the eagles game again. Our defense is great, but they cant b on the field most of the day due to multiple interceptions.

I want Nate out there for these two last garbage games we have let him get experience. Smith does not have the tools to be a QB! But Sing won't make it happen has no webos!
MM on his Twitter:

Quote:
Please no more questions about Nate Davis playing. The kid hasn't even practiced at QB since #49ers training camp, for crying out loud.

So, in case you didn't get the memo: NOT GONNA HAPPEN!
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
MM on his Twitter:

Quote:
Please no more questions about Nate Davis playing. The kid hasn't even practiced at QB since #49ers training camp, for crying out loud.

IM CONFUSED !
Originally posted by fly15:

Based on?

Reality

yep

and there's nothing you could say or doooo.......
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:

Based on?

Reality

LOL! Good comeback.

so because he coaches high school kids that makes his his argument justified

c'mon guys it's obvious nate has the strongest arm and is the best of the bunch.
[ Edited by YuNGaCE on Dec 21, 2009 at 1:26 PM ]
He's the next Joe Montana

Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
MM on his Twitter:

Quote:

IM CONFUSED !

Sing was talking about young players in general. Not about Davis.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
MM on his Twitter:

Quote:

IM CONFUSED !

Sing was talking about young players in general. Not about Davis.

Nate Davis is a young player
I can't see Davis playing this season. I think in the offseason, Smith is one, Davis is two and Hill is cast aside. Davis, if he has that infamous IT, will become the starter during the exhibition season. Or by the Bye game of 2010. Smith is gonna be given the reins of this team and it is his to lose more than it is Davis' to win.
I dont see Smith faltering when he finally gets a chance at continuity, 100% reps with the 1st team to establish trust and chemistry, and an identity on offense. Add this to an improved o-line...and he should be fine.

If he can put up 16 TDS in 8 games with our o-line and lack of everything I mentioned above...? I'm sure he can do better WITH all those things going for us.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
I dont see Smith faltering when he finally gets a chance at continuity, 100% reps with the 1st team to establish trust and chemistry, and an identity on offense. Add this to an improved o-line...and he should be fine.

If he can put up 16 TDS in 8 games with our o-line and lack of everything I mentioned above...? I'm sure he can do better WITH all those things going for us.

agreed. next yr we should and will have a better oline and more weapons for alex to succeed, and if he cant im done with him and its time to move on
Share 49ersWebzone