Nate who?
Originally posted by MntIdaGold:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Nate who?

havent u heard? hes the jerry rice of Qbs
Nate who?

uh, hello!!!?????

Collinsworth actually compared Davis to John Elway. A guy like Davis should at least be given the nod over David Carr(McClueless experiment).
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Nate who?

uh, hello!!!?????

Nate who?

uh, hello!!!?????

Nice.
Nate who?

uh, hello!!!?????

did you get a discount on the practice squad edition?
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by jreff22:
Nate who?

uh, hello!!!?????

Originally posted by boast:
Nate who?

uh, hello!!!?????

Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Originally posted by ttime1:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by abowers1984:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by abowers1984:
Originally posted by rxrunner:
FREE NATE DAVIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fact that David Carr is currently on the roster instead of this kid is an absolute attrocity. Before the season, Mike Johnson was quoted as saying that Davis was fully versed in about 70% of the playbook... And based on Singletary's demotion of the kid, it leads one to believe that he needed somebody with 100% knowledge of the playbook as a backup.

Now I ask you, if that is the case, then why in God's name did he feel comfortable giving the reigns to Troy Smith who had zero knowledge of the playbook at the season's outset???

Its quite clear that the reason Nate is still on the practice squad is because Singletary is punishing him for not studying hard enough in the offseason - NOT the best coaching methodology. In this day and age, a coach MUST look past his own biases and put the 53 most talented players on the roster and it is quite clear that Davis is, by far, the most physicall gifted QB in the organization.

At the current juncture, the three QBs who suit up every Sunday consist of a 6 year veteran with complete knowledge of the offense and decent physical skills, a former heisman trophy winning, 4 year veteran with zero knowlege of the playbook but big time arm strength, and an 8 year vet with decent knowledge of the playbook and sub par physical capabilities - none of which have any future with this team.

Now whether or not you are an Alex Smith or Nate Davis supporter, I'm pretty sure we can all agree there is something very wrong with this picture - one of a long list of reasons for why Singletary should have been fired a long time ago.

Nate Davis is on the PS because he is hot garbage.

Then what is David Carr??? Way to think it through...

The thread is about Nate Davis, not David Carr. Nate Davis throws 1 off target 60 yard pass and everyone swings from his nuts claiming him as the next great QB of the NFL. The rest of his throws are horrible! Singletary sent him to the PS because he DID NOT know 70% of the playbook. He was unable to make the proper presnap reads to set up protections and had to improvise on every play due to the fact that he did not know the playbook well enough that he knew where his receivers were supposed to be.

People, as, well as, the announcers of that game saw Nate escape a sack and complete a 60 yard pass. Moreover, despite getting minimal amoout of reps in practice, Nate showed an ability to make plays. The coaching staff has often commented on how accurate Nate is which is supported by him winning accuracy contest in college. Actually, you have your figures backwards as it's been reported that he knows OVER 70% of the plays.

You are not correct about the rest of Nate's passes being horrible. That 60 yard pass was not the reason why I believe in Nate. I believed in Nate during his rookie year. He was accurate and looks more comfortable in the pocket than ANY of the qb's we currently have.

In PRESEASON with an oversimplified Playbook mind you.

Of course he looked more comfortable. He's naive it was Preseason and he hasn't gotten his clock cleaned in the NFL. When that happens on THIS team then we'll see. Until then I ain't holdin my breath.

~Ceadder

With both Smith's being a FA, and Carr likely being cut I think it would be a great experience to see what Nate could do starting in a regular season game. If they lose to the Chargers I would like to see Nate start the next 2 games

FREE NATE DAVIS!!!
START NATE DAVIS FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON, IT CAN'T GET ANY WORSE!!!
[ Edited by RonRon on Dec 17, 2010 at 8:53 AM ]
lets see what the kids got
WE WANT NATE WE WANT NATE!!!!
Nate who?

uh, hello!!!?????

Share 49ersWebzone