There are 263 users in the forums

Browns may go after Holmgrin as GM

Shop 49ers game tickets
They can have Holmgrin. I just hope the Niners get Holmgren.
[ Edited by TheRatMan13 on Nov 18, 2009 at 12:17 PM ]
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Forget GM. The Browns could use him as a head coach.

Brady Quinn would be great under his tutelage.

Brady Quinn sucks.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Holmgren is not a good GM, when he had total control of the Seahawks they didn't draft to well at all. The Browns should name him head coach only. Also I watched the Monday night game, my god Brady Quinn is so awful. The way he throws the football is just laughable, I can't believe some of the people here wanted the Niners to trade for him. Another bust
[ Edited by Icedawg316 on Nov 18, 2009 at 12:49 PM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
Holmgren acknowledeges interest in Browns job
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by King49er:
Rick has a point

Originally posted by KRS-1:
Holmgren acknowledeges interest in Browns job

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AhcyD0E53qI2.Mugw4DMuz45nYcB?slug=ap-browns-holmgren&prov=ap&type=lgns
Buzz building for Holmgren to Seahawks
To hear Mike wanting even a GM job with the Browns or Seahawks (instead of returning to his roots) speaks inches as to how horrible our f**king front-office/organization is.

From this point on nobody of functional value is going to want to work with Singletary because of his stubbornness.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
To hear Mike wanting even a GM job with the Browns or Seahawks (instead of returning to his roots) speaks inches as to how horrible our f**king front-office/organization is.

From this point on nobody of functional value is going to want to work with Singletary because of his stubbornness.

You sir have no understanding of LEVERAGE.

If Holmgren gets an offer from the Browns AND Seahawks, he can negotiate for more money.

This has nothing to do with the 49ers-Holmgren relationship. We haven't even publicly, and prob. privately asked Holmgren about his interest with working in our front office.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Did anyone else see Peter King on Football Night in America say that it is his opinion that the Browns are looking for solid leadership from the top down. He said very soon they may try to make a run at Mike Holmgrin.

Because it was his opinion he made it clear that there are no facts to back this up. But he has the feeling it could happen. That would set the webzone into a frenzy.

I really don't see why people say he failed as a GM. He assembled a SB team that would have won it all had the Refs not jobbed them. The players in that SB were Holgren guys, not Ruskell guys.

• NinersCluebat
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

A report on Pro Football Weekly on Sunday afternoon says that Seattle Seahawks GM Tim Ruskell has been informed that his time with the team will expire when his contract does at the end of this season. This would apparently lead most to speculate that he's being cleared away for Mike Holmgren.

Casting some doubt on the report is Danny O'Neill of the Seattle Times who checked with his team sources and wrote "I've had a chance to talk to a few more people, and I haven't talked to a single person who has heard Ruskell was told of his fate after this season."
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Mike Holmgren is a name at this point in his career. There are plenty of up-and-coming potential GMs that would be good fits for teams looking for a shake-up.

FWIW, Peter King speculates that it's probably Seattle or SF for Holmgren. Chris Mortensen also says the Niners are on the Walrus' short list of teams he's considering.
i don't see holmgren going anywhere BUT seattle. their GM has already stated he won't be back
Share 49ersWebzone