LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 417 users in the forums

Hypothetical: Would You Grab Shanahan if We Had the Opportunity ?

Shop 49ers game tickets
No because then he'd bring in that stiff Slowik as DC and while our O would be improved, our D would be awful.

Plus, the guy hasn't won anything since Elway left.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Ya, that's exactly what we need: an entirely new coaching staff, and a new system for all our players to learn AGAIN

What exactly has this coaching staff shown that makes you think they are changing the culture here? This team plays and looks like a Mike Nolan coached team if you ask me.
The same problems that plagued the Mike Nolan squads are still evident.

I'm not saying this team doesn't suck, and they are playing exactly like they have been the last couple years.

I'm just saying we can't dump our new head coach because our team is playing s**tty, after he inherited a s**tty team.[/quote]

Yeah, but he's been hear for 5 years. He should know his personel and coaching staff by now. I love the person Sing is, but if we cant get to 9 wins with the talent we have I dont want him back.
The ownership and Sr management will not switch head coach, Mike Singletary represents the best value and he has been doing heck of a job.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
F. YES.
Originally posted by jed_york:
The ownership and Sr management will not switch head coach, Mike Singletary represents the best value and he has been doing heck of a job.

• Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
F. YES.
Never happen, front office is dedicated to MS at least for 2 years..

Although, I would like to see it. There are no balls in the front office for this kind of thing, no way they could look MS in the eye and throw him out.

If there is no turn around you damn well know what's going to happen; 1-2+ years from now, all the quality coaches will have jobs again and we will end up with some retread without credentials.. WTF

I hope not..
Damned if we do, damned if we don't.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
We need a REAL head coach who actually knows the X's and O's of football. Sing is a good motivational speaker that's all.
Shanahan leaves, Denver goes 6-1. And all this while trading their probowl QB.

-9fA

Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA
Originally posted by jed_york:

Nice to see you back NolanHasAPlan.
No, I don't think Shanahan will add much to our situation. I think that the last few years of his career he did not bring much to the table.
We won't even have an opportunity, so I won't answer
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

This.. I live in COlorado.

I do not want Mike holmgren, even with his 49ers ties.. he was with the pack and the seahawks, that makes him the enemy (i dont like his coaching style anyways)

Shanahan isnt anything special.

Out of all the big name coaches out of work....

Id want mooch back, or want Gruden.
Share 49ersWebzone