LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Hypothetical: Would You Grab Shanahan if We Had the Opportunity ?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Fans, both Scotty and Singletary are doing heck of a job. Oenership and senior management are pleased with their respective performance.

All the talk about Shanahan and Holmgren is disrespectful and against our management philosophy of not hiring over priced personnel.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We need better players - until then the coaches and management will always look like crap.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
Only if he was buying the team

No kidding. Even though Jed York is now the president he doesn't control the money.
I am pretty sure we have one of the lowest budget coaching staffs in the league. I doubt the whole staff makes what Shanahan would want by himself, I think he is too expensive for what the Yorks are willing to spend.
Nah....Sing is not the problem!
Something just hit me. What's everyone's thoughts on Eddie D. being added to the Front Office?

What position could you see him in and why?
Originally posted by baltien:
Something just hit me. What's everyone's thoughts on Eddie D. being added to the Front Office?

What position could you see him in and why?

Uncle Eddie is happy with his life and he is not looking for jobs. Our sr management is a tight and united group, any change in chemistry shall have negative effect on the on going rebuilding process.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
I'd take him as an OC.

Singletary is a heck of head coach, he just needs to find a heck of an offensive coordinator.
Yes because Singletary is awful and so is Jimmy Raytard. Shanahan could coach and call the plays. Get this bust off our team too.
  • ZRF80
Wow. Shocking to read some of your comments. Especially since we've boasted the likes of Dennis Erikkson and Mike Nolan since Mooch's departure.

Shanahan went 138-90 during his stay in Denver. Thats more than any of us could hope for at this point, yet you guys hate on the guy like he was the second coming of Dennis Erikkson.

I'll repost this thread in two years when Sing's "1985" philosophy runs its course, and we fire him.....only to have rejects as possible candidates for our head coaching vacancy. Next year is going to be heavily laden with prominent head coaches, and Shanahan could go unnoticed with the likes of Holmgren, Cowhers, Gruden, and Dungy lurking around. The same situation will probably not pose itself in 2011, but I guess you guys have faith that run, run, run, punt will win us a Superbowl. Good luck with that.......
No.

As much as I like Shanahan -- he's had his day. He's old. He's set in his ways. He's a very good coach -- but my belief is the game has passed him by.

It happens.

The WCO had its share of legs for awhile. Not so much anymore. The big family tree now extends from New England.

I would like to see a young, still unproven, energetic coach with a brilliant offensive philosophy and a massive chip on his shoulder.

In short -- I want another Bill Walsh.

YES! I also believe Shanahan would bring the 49ers back to prominance not just by sheer words or motivation, but with superb coaching and philosophy. He will bring the right coaching staff for the 49ers to benefit from. Yes Shanahan is somebody I always felt should have been the next coach after Seifert retired.
Originally posted by jed_york:
The ownership and Sr management will not switch head coach, Mike Singletary represents the best value and he has been doing heck of a job.

a heck of a job is winning more than 7 games and not being out of the playoff race by Veteran's Day year after year
Originally posted by billbird2111:
No.

As much as I like Shanahan -- he's had his day. He's old. He's set in his ways. He's a very good coach -- but my belief is the game has passed him by.

It happens.

The WCO had its share of legs for awhile. Not so much anymore. The big family tree now extends from New England.

I would like to see a young, still unproven, energetic coach with a brilliant offensive philosophy and a massive chip on his shoulder.

In short -- I want another Bill Walsh.

Bill Walsh now resides in Denver. Bringing his O with him from Clevelan.... er... NE.
Only if he came with late 90's Elway, otherwise he's overrated.
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
Only if he came with late 90's Elway, otherwise he's overrated.

He was pretty good with early 90's Young.
Share 49ersWebzone