There are 237 users in the forums

What NFL Rule do you HATE

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Originally posted by King49er:
I like the excessive rule penalty

You like the excessive rule penalty?? It freaking sucks!!

I like it too. Act like men, and stop dancing. Dick Butkus wasn't dancing around like some princess when he did something he was supposed to do.

I hate the rule!! I mean I don't want people pulling out sharpy's and making cell phone calls, but dancing with your teamates after scoring is awesome!
Any penalty that results in an automatic 1st down when the penalized yardage is less than that required for a 1st.

For example...

3rd and 20 --> defense called for roughing the passer --> 15 yard penalty and automatic 1st down

It should be 3rd and 5.
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Any penalty that results in an automatic 1st down when the penalized yardage is less than that required for a 1st.

For example...

3rd and 20 --> defense called for roughing the passer --> 15 yard penalty and automatic 1st down

It should be 3rd and 5.

I like it when it's for us not against us

I like it too. Act like men, and stop dancing. Dick Butkus wasn't dancing around like some princess when he did something he was supposed to do.

thank you
Pu$$y QB rules and the celebration rules....

Dick Butkus never scored a touchdown..

however, your argument is skewed, as on the other side of the spectrum, Butkus was one of the highest advocates of the defensive version of excessive celebration...taunting, what he did in his day he would get 100 penalty yards a game had he played today...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
p***y calls on the QBs

excessive celebration on TDs

Pass interference............ it should be only be a 15 yard penalty not a spot foul

Over time rule sucks
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by ghostrider:

For example...

It should be 3rd and 5.

I like it when it's for us not against us

You can say that about any rule, though. You can bet if it was the Raiders that benefited from the tuck rule instead of the Patriots on that snowy day, the Raiders would "love" the rule and the Patriots would "hate" it.

The point is you don't make a decision on rule just because you think some day it may benefit you because it could just as easily bite you in the arse instead.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
PI is pretty ridiculous I think. Maybe if it was a 15 yd penalty, but to give it at the spot of the foul? It's just way too costly, and refs are itching to throw flags as it is.

this one is by far the worst

should be 15 yards

the end
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Roughing the QB is getting way out of line.

I also hate the overtime rules.

• titan
  • Veteran
ROUGHING THE PASSER.
Illegal Contact.

The refs are so inconsistent with this. Sometimes the DB will just touch a receiver as he runs by and he gets a flag (ex. Dre Bly against HOU I believe). Other times it's allowed. Either way, I don't think that should be the interpretation of the rule. There's no impeding going on if a guy just touches the receivers back. Let it go.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Illegal Contact.

The refs are so inconsistent with this. Sometimes the DB will just touch a receiver as he runs by and he gets a flag (ex. Dre Bly against HOU I believe). Other times it's allowed. Either way, I don't think that should be the interpretation of the rule. There's no impeding going on if a guy just touches the receivers back. Let it go.

I agree
Originally posted by Juniorminime:
Pu$$y QB rules and the celebration rules....
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Roughing the passer for sure.

I actually like the excessive celebration rule. Just not where it's implemented. I would like to see it implemented in the field of play. By that I mean no celebrating after a sack, tackle, catch or any of that nonsense. TD celebrations to me is fine.

The one rule I hate is only 2 challenges (or 3 if you get the 1st 2 right). Screw that you should be able to challenge at any point during a game. If you lose and have timeouts. Fine take one. If you lose and don't have timeouts. delay of game 5 yard penalty.
Share 49ersWebzone