There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The unnecessary love for Miles Austin

Not really sure how good he is but all his Highlights have come from poor tackles, So it may be players are under estimating him or ???
  • Paul
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,726
can we all just be happy that the Cowboys wasted money/draft picks on Roy Williams?
He's played really well and deserves the attention.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
i have a feeling he may unnecessarily go to the pro-bowl.......

Jackson, Fitz, Colston, White and possibly the G-Men's Steve Smith are the ones I think who will get the consideration for the NFC.

Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
He has shined vs KC, ATL and Sea.
He has been in the league since 2006, he is average at best
His TD's vs KC were missed tackles. He will play a real secondary on sunday vs the Eagles we will see if he is for real.

WR's usually take 3 years to come into their own, this is his 4th year.

Maybe you hadn't heard but there was a lot of talk about his potential and Dallas has been very high on this kid, all he needed was a chance and with the departure of T.O. it allowed Austin to challenge Crayton for more PT.

If he does not have a big game vs the Eagles on Sunday it does not mean anything really. The Eagles have shut T.O. down before, teams scheme to try and shut playmakers down and I'm sure the Eagles will turn on the tape from the last few weeks and look to contain him.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
The guy looks pretty good to me. I'm not sure if you guys are just hating on him because he's a cowboy, but the guy makes plays.

I think this is the case here. Like I mentioned the Cowboys have been high on Austin for quite some time. They have been developing this UDFA for the last few years.

Austin has more yards than all the WRs you posted other than Steve Smith and he only started 3 games, he SHOULD be headed to the probowl if he keeps it up.

Sidney Rice could also be mentioned
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 27,083
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
i have a feeling he may unnecessarily go to the pro-bowl.......

Jackson, Fitz, Colston, White and possibly the G-Men's Steve Smith are the ones I think who will get the consideration for the NFC.

Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
He has shined vs KC, ATL and Sea.
He has been in the league since 2006, he is average at best
His TD's vs KC were missed tackles. He will play a real secondary on sunday vs the Eagles we will see if he is for real.

WR's usually take 3 years to come into their own, this is his 4th year.

Maybe you hadn't heard but there was a lot of talk about his potential and Dallas has been very high on this kid, all he needed was a chance and with the departure of T.O. it allowed Austin to challenge Crayton for more PT.

If he does not have a big game vs the Eagles on Sunday it does not mean anything really. The Eagles have shut T.O. down before, teams scheme to try and shut playmakers down and I'm sure the Eagles will turn on the tape from the last few weeks and look to contain him.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
The guy looks pretty good to me. I'm not sure if you guys are just hating on him because he's a cowboy, but the guy makes plays.

I think this is the case here. Like I mentioned the Cowboys have been high on Austin for quite some time. They have been developing this UDFA for the last few years.

Austin has more yards than all the WRs you posted other than Steve Smith and he only started 3 games, he SHOULD be headed to the probowl if he keeps it up.

Sidney Rice could also be mentioned

I get what you are saying but will Austin win the popularity contest ?
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
i have a feeling he may unnecessarily go to the pro-bowl.......

Jackson, Fitz, Colston, White and possibly the G-Men's Steve Smith are the ones I think who will get the consideration for the NFC.

Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
He has shined vs KC, ATL and Sea.
He has been in the league since 2006, he is average at best
His TD's vs KC were missed tackles. He will play a real secondary on sunday vs the Eagles we will see if he is for real.

WR's usually take 3 years to come into their own, this is his 4th year.

Maybe you hadn't heard but there was a lot of talk about his potential and Dallas has been very high on this kid, all he needed was a chance and with the departure of T.O. it allowed Austin to challenge Crayton for more PT.

If he does not have a big game vs the Eagles on Sunday it does not mean anything really. The Eagles have shut T.O. down before, teams scheme to try and shut playmakers down and I'm sure the Eagles will turn on the tape from the last few weeks and look to contain him.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
The guy looks pretty good to me. I'm not sure if you guys are just hating on him because he's a cowboy, but the guy makes plays.

I think this is the case here. Like I mentioned the Cowboys have been high on Austin for quite some time. They have been developing this UDFA for the last few years.

Austin has more yards than all the WRs you posted other than Steve Smith and he only started 3 games, he SHOULD be headed to the probowl if he keeps it up.

Sidney Rice could also be mentioned

I get what you are saying but will Austin win the popularity contest ?

Seeing as how he plays on americas team, it seems very possible.
miles austin = G.O.A.T.
Originally posted by Dino:
miles austin = G.O.A.T.

I'm sure cowgirl fans are already planning their trip to Canton.
he has 482 yards and mulitple TDs in the last 3 weeks...theres nothing unnecessary about the love hes getting
Originally posted by Knowledge:
he has 482 yards and mulitple TDs in the last 3 weeks...theres nothing unnecessary about the love hes getting

eh when you throw the ball as much as they do someone has to catch the balls, im not impressed
Originally posted by valrod33:
he is obviously gay

He looks like a big silly bird.



The love for Miles Austin has turned into NFL MVP talk of Tony Romo. ESPN is running a front page story of Tony's NFL MVP run.
Originally posted by Dino:
miles austin = G.O.A.T.

gayest of all time?
Originally posted by Knowledge:
he has 482 yards and mulitple TDs in the last 3 weeks...theres nothing unnecessary about the love hes getting

In comparison to other under-rater players who are also ballin... I can see how it will chap my ass.

Has Pam Oliver interview him yet
Originally posted by Icedawg316:
can we all just be happy that the Cowboys wasted money/draft picks on Roy Williams?

I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm happy about it. As for Miles Austin, he's playing well and they're definitely getting more from him than they are from Roy Williams.