There are 233 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The unnecessary love for Miles Austin

I'd take him over any of our receivers not named Michael Crabtree. Id trade Bruce, Battle, and Morgan for him right now.
Im not arguing that he isn't good. But this Cowboy love is

Its not enough they get a large amount of prime time games.

As stated earlier, where are the stories on Matt Shaub, Byrd, VD... other break out players.
Bet he goes to the Probowl.

-9fA
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Im not arguing that he isn't good. But this Cowboy love is

Its not enough they get a large amount of prime time games.

As stated earlier, where are the stories on Matt Shaub, Byrd, VD... other break out players.

It's unbelievable how much non-love Vernon Davis gets. He used to be looked at as a disgruntled workout warrior bust, and now he is on FIRE and not ONE word is EVER said.

I was shocked the 49ers got NO look at the fact that Alex Smith started his first game in so long... I'm just sooo sick and tired of hearing about the Cowboys and Giants.

OH AND f**k BRETT FAVRE!
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
i have a feeling he may unnecessarily go to the pro-bowl.......

Jackson, Fitz, Colston, White and possibly the G-Men's Steve Smith are the ones I think who will get the consideration for the NFC.

Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
He has shined vs KC, ATL and Sea.
He has been in the league since 2006, he is average at best
His TD's vs KC were missed tackles. He will play a real secondary on sunday vs the Eagles we will see if he is for real.

WR's usually take 3 years to come into their own, this is his 4th year.

Maybe you hadn't heard but there was a lot of talk about his potential and Dallas has been very high on this kid, all he needed was a chance and with the departure of T.O. it allowed Austin to challenge Crayton for more PT.

If he does not have a big game vs the Eagles on Sunday it does not mean anything really. The Eagles have shut T.O. down before, teams scheme to try and shut playmakers down and I'm sure the Eagles will turn on the tape from the last few weeks and look to contain him.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
The guy looks pretty good to me. I'm not sure if you guys are just hating on him because he's a cowboy, but the guy makes plays.

I think this is the case here. Like I mentioned the Cowboys have been high on Austin for quite some time. They have been developing this UDFA for the last few years.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
The guy looks pretty good to me. I'm not sure if you guys are just hating on him because he's a cowboy, but the guy makes plays.

I feel the same way.

I don't know if it ever occurred to people that he's been absolutely shredding these defenses the way he has BECAUSE he is actually GOOD. Roy Williams isn't doing anything. Heck, no WR besides Miles is really doing anything on that team.

I hate the Cowboys, but give him some credit. Austin is a player you know you'd love to have in San Francisco. I would.
I picked him up on my fantasy team before the season even started. I had crabs, but since he took forever to sign, I dropped him, grabbed Austin and have been very happy.. Also grabbed crabtree again once I knew he was on a plane to SF.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
i have a feeling he may unnecessarily go to the pro-bowl.......

Jackson, Fitz, Colston, White and possibly the G-Men's Steve Smith are the ones I think who will get the consideration for the NFC.



while think they all should/will get in over austin. i think you really underestimate the cowboy homerism. two words... Roy Williams.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
The guy looks pretty good to me. I'm not sure if you guys are just hating on him because he's a cowboy, but the guy makes plays.

I feel the same way.

I don't know if it ever occurred to people that he's been absolutely shredding these defenses the way he has BECAUSE he is actually GOOD. Roy Williams isn't doing anything. Heck, no WR besides Miles is really doing anything on that team.

I hate the Cowboys, but give him some credit. Austin is a player you know you'd love to have in San Francisco. I would.

This...

...HAAAATERS!
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
He has shined vs KC, ATL and Sea.
He has been in the league since 2006, he is average at best
His TD's vs KC were missed tackles. He will play a real secondary on sunday vs the Eagles we will see if he is for real.


What did Roy Williams do in those three games? Cowboys would have lost those games had it not been for Austin.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
fail

That wasn't a dunk attempt--he did that on purpose--like a layup.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Bet he goes to the Probowl.

-9fA

Along with Flozel "false start every game" Adams.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
fail

That wasn't a dunk attempt--he did that on purpose--like a layup.

naw man, he tried to dunk it.
LOL @ everyone defending the Cowboys!!! yea he's been great these past 3 games i get it, But there's better s**t to talk about!
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:
LOL @ everyone defending the Cowboys!!! yea he's been great these past 3 games i get it, But there's better s**t to talk about!