LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

With Favruh in Minny, do you kinda root for the Packers now?

Shop 49ers game tickets

With Favruh in Minny, do you kinda root for the Packers now?

Traditionally, the Packers are right up there with the Cowboys and Seahawks as my most hated rival. Cowboys for obvious reasons, and Seahawks because I grew up in Vancouver and for the last several years they have been a Niner rival.

Even though the Cowboys have not been a huge rival since the mid 90's I hate them with every fibre of my being, but I am finding that I kinda cheer for the Packers abit now. Aaron Rodgers was on Rome yesterday and I like the guy.

Obviously I want the Niners to win the Superbowl every season, but this year if by some miracle we get knocked out, I really want Aaron Rodgers and the Packers to kill the Vikings on their way to a Superbowl.

I guess my point is I hate Favruh so much that my best scenario would be him losing to GB, then watching his old team win the Superbowl. I don't wish injury or anything like that on him, just emotional pain!

Anyone else like that?
No, why would I root for the Packers? I don't root for the Bucs or Dolphins or any other team I don't give a s**t about.
f**k the broncos
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
No, why would I root for the Packers? I don't root for the Bucs or Dolphins or any other team I don't give a s**t about.

Why root for them? Because a vote for the Packers is a vote AGAINST Favruh. That was the point. I am not getting an Aaron Rodgers poster or anything, my allegiance is and will always be with the Niners, but I can still enjoy other teams. I like watching the Steelers too. They're good and Roethlisberger is fun to watch.
Originally posted by bigmur49:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

Why root for them? Because a vote for the Packers is a vote AGAINST Favruh. That was the point. I am not getting an Aaron Rodgers poster or anything, my allegiance is and will always be with the Niners, but I can still enjoy other teams. I like watching the Steelers too. They're good and Roethlisberger is fun to watch.

I see your point. I like watching other teams too, and occasionally root for them.

There are just some teams that I don't care about at all, and the Packers fall into that group now that Favre is gone.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Only when they play the Vikings
No I still hate the packers
No i just hope they both suck
Originally posted by Esco:
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
No, don't care. It's not like he did his grandstanding against my team. Personally I do hope he sticks it to them. their fans might as well be as pissed as me for having a losing team. In fact, I hope every team gets screwed in some way.

• GEEK
  • Veteran
f**k em both
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by Esco:
I find I always hate the teams that are playing real well; I always like rooting for the underdog. So I definitely hate the Vikes more than the Pack.
My hatred follows Favre wherever he goes. I still dont like the Packers but I do like a lot of their players. They dont seem to have too many A-holes there. They all seem to be team players.
yes a little. Hard to admit but it is true. I want to see the Packers eliminate the Vikings out of the post season
Share 49ersWebzone