There are 250 users in the forums

NFL Trade Deadline Rumors

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Giants9ersfan:
Actually, I agree with a few on this board. Trading for Quinn wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I would personally try to trade him straight up for Alex Smith. 1st round QB for 1st round QB. In fact, Smith has more experience and has had more success (and failure) than Quinn. If we had to throw in a 7th rounder that could escalate depending on if Quinn succeeds...that would be fine.

Just reported Quinn's house is up for sale, I'm guessing he is expecting to be traded ASAP.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Actually, I agree with a few on this board. Trading for Quinn wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I would personally try to trade him straight up for Alex Smith. 1st round QB for 1st round QB. In fact, Smith has more experience and has had more success (and failure) than Quinn. If we had to throw in a 7th rounder that could escalate depending on if Quinn succeeds...that would be fine.

Just reported Quinn's house is up for sale, I'm guessing he is expecting to be traded ASAP.

So, what do you think? Should the Niners swap Quinn for Smith?

A Smith for Quinn trade would probably work straight up. Quinn, however has looked really bad this year after playing ok last year. In the face of the blitz he reminds me a lot of Alex Smith circa 2005. I"m not sure he's an upgrade over A. Smith, and his arm strength is more in line with Hill's.

So, what do you think? Should the Niners swap Quinn for Smith?

I'm a Notre Dame fan so............

But I would like to see what Smith can do before we move him.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Quinn put his house up for sell.....

i know, i know

Yup and Florio has the Niners as one of the possible trade partners.
Originally posted by obx49:

i know, i know

I will be VERY surprised if we trade for Quinn unless it's a bargain basement deal lol.

I would take a flyer on Merriman but not for a 1st or 2nd like some people are suggesting. He's not even playing full-time this season.

-9fA
Quinn for A.Smith would be great....
im sorry but brady quinn will not solve our problems. we need two guards and a right tackle SORELY and until then, even trying to "upgrade" our QB with one s**tty bust for a potential other s**tty bust will absolutely not work. Only a QB with great pocket presence and the ability to elude the ever-present d-line in the backfield will be able to succeed. WE NEED AN O-LINE!
Originally posted by PTulini:
Again, I hear the Chargers are trying to move LB Shawne Merriman. (for a good offer)
Also, that KC may be interesting in moving DT Glen Dorsey. From what I hear their coaches aren't happy with him.

i would do shawn merriman but knowing the niners they won't do anything , cause they never big players in trades. That would make most sense with his ties to coach munasky.

[ Edited by PRIMETIME21 on Oct 13, 2009 at 19:33:25 ]
TRADE i.bruce for t.owens! before the bye week!!!

Originally posted by Juniorminime:
Quinn for A.Smith would be great....

No it wouldn't, I don't understand why anyone thinks Quinn is any good. He's more of a bust than Smith. Smith has had a few good moments, Quinn hasn't had ANY.
Take it for what its worth...

Quote:
@liquidhavok: any chance the Niners make a trade before the deadline? MattMaiocco: Possible that they're a buyer or a seller.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Take it for what its worth...

Quote:
@liquidhavok: any chance the Niners make a trade before the deadline? MattMaiocco: Possible that they're a buyer or a seller.

We should make a trade but for someone like Merriman or Dorsey, or if we can get an OG then pull the trigger. But not for another scrub QB, we already have enough of those!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by obx49:

i know, i know

Please god be true and please pull the trigger McCloughan!!!!

when is the trade deadline
Share 49ersWebzone