There are 237 users in the forums

NFL Trade Deadline Rumors

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
According to PFT Quentin Groves is available. I know he hasn't done anything in Jacksonville but I liked him in the draft 2 years ago and I wouldn't mind dealing a 5th or something for him.

I'd give them a 7th round pick no more.

Agree I just don't wanna give up alot.
According to PFT Quentin Groves is available. I know he hasn't done anything in Jacksonville but I liked him in the draft 2 years ago and I wouldn't mind dealing a 5th or something for him.

I think he's looked pretty good when he's gotten on the field. He has a nice combo of speed and power. He'd be an upgrade over Brooks as a pass rusher. Groves has a high ceiling and could be used on special teams as well, replacing the need to keep Ulbrich on the roster.

I'd offer a 5th or a conditional (3rd/4th) pick to Jacksonville for him. We desperately lack players that excel at sacking the QB. Groves is a little quicker than Manny and he's more explosive. He really needs to stick with a team that allows him to play standing up.

Most draft gurus were saying that Groves needed to play 3-4 OLB in the NFL, yet they wanted to try to develop him at DE. When the Jags let him stand up and back off the line, he looks pretty good. The Jags are using him situationally as an OLB, but I think they realize that he just doesn't fit their defense and that he really should be playing OLB as a rusher.

Also, on the NFL Network, they mentioned that Kamerion Wimbley is also on the market in Cleveland. They Browns are cleaning house. Wimbley has been one of the few bright spots for them this season. I suspect that Rob Ryan is wanting to abandon the 3-4 defense and they're hoping to land a high draft pick for Wimbley, while he's off to the best start of his career. He has sacks in 3 consecutive games and has 32 tackles and 4 sacks for the season..
[ Edited by strickac on Oct 18, 2009 at 8:08 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by strickac:

I think he's looked pretty good when he's gotten on the field. He has a nice combo of speed and power. He'd be an upgrade over Brooks as a pass rusher. Groves has a high ceiling and could be used on special teams as well, replacing the need to keep Ulbrich on the roster.

I'd offer a 5th or a conditional (3rd/4th) pick to Jacksonville for him. We desperately lack players that excel at sacking the QB. Groves is a little quicker than Manny and he's more explosive. He really needs to stick with a team that allows him to play standing up.

Most draft gurus were saying that Groves needed to play 3-4 OLB in the NFL, yet they wanted to try to develop him at DE. When the Jags let him stand up and back off the line, he looks pretty good. The Jags are using him situationally as an OLB, but I think they realize that he just doesn't fit their defense and that he really should be playing OLB as a rusher.

Also, on the NFL Network, they mentioned that Kamerion Wimbley is also on the market in Cleveland. They Browns are cleaning house. Wimbley has been one of the few bright spots for them this season. I suspect that Rob Ryan is wanting to abandon the 3-4 defense and they're hoping to land a high draft pick for Wimbley, while he's off to the best start of his career. He has sacks in 3 consecutive games and has 32 tackles and 4 sacks for the season..

Would love to give up a our 1st pick or 2nd round pick for Wimbley. Shoot I'd take Wimbley over Peppers.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by LundyLove:
The Baltimore Sun is reporting that rumors are floating around that the Ravens are looking into trading a second-round pick to the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for wide receiver Dwayne Bowe. Coach John Harbaugh said "there are possibilities" when asked about the team potentially making a trade.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2009/10/harbaugh_on_making_a_trade_there_are_possibilities.html

s**t i'd trade a second for bowe

im fine with our wr's right now. if you asked me this before crabtree signed, i'd be all over the idea of trading for bowe. if he gets traded to the ravens, they'll be an unstoppable madden team

i would trade Jason Hill to Baltimore for a 3rd round pick. with Crabs comming in we have too many WRs and it would help in the draft.

i would take Groves for a 3rd or 4th pick. Groves is one of those guys who could have a high up side. If we could trade jason hill to Baltimore and pick up a 3rd i would then give Jacksonville a 3rd for Groves.

Would love to give up a our 1st pick or 2nd round pick for Wimbley. Shoot I'd take Wimbley over Peppers.

I wouldnt go so far as say i would give a 1st Round pick for Wimbley. but I would give up our 2nd. i think he would Be a great fit to the team.
Originally posted by stonecold590:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by LundyLove:
The Baltimore Sun is reporting that rumors are floating around that the Ravens are looking into trading a second-round pick to the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for wide receiver Dwayne Bowe. Coach John Harbaugh said "there are possibilities" when asked about the team potentially making a trade.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2009/10/harbaugh_on_making_a_trade_there_are_possibilities.html

s**t i'd trade a second for bowe

im fine with our wr's right now. if you asked me this before crabtree signed, i'd be all over the idea of trading for bowe. if he gets traded to the ravens, they'll be an unstoppable madden team

i would trade Jason Hill to Baltimore for a 3rd round pick. with Crabs comming in we have too many WRs and it would help in the draft.

put down the xbox controller. there is no way anyone in their right mind would trade a 3rd round pick for a 5th-6th reciever on our team. NO way. a conditional 7th would be more like it. if youre lucky a 6th.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
At most, I'd give up a 5th for Groves.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
why are the Browns doing this? Seriously it makes no sense at all...I heard that the Ravens called the Bills about Owens but were shot down
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
a 2nd and Smith or Hill for Derick Anderson

Anderson has now completed 4 passes in his last 6 quarters.

I'm not a Smith fan, at all, but I don't think that would be a very smart trade. Anderson is not the guy we need.
[ Edited by strickac on Oct 18, 2009 at 11:43 AM ]

per PFT the Chiefs willing to trade anyone but Cassel. Specific names that have been linked to possible trades include linebacker Derrick Johnson, defensive lineman Glenn Dorsey, and receiver Dwayne Bowe.

I personally am willing to trade J.Hill, J.Morgan for the D. Bowe.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
per PFT the Chiefs willing to trade anyone but Cassel. Specific names that have been linked to possible trades include linebacker Derrick Johnson, defensive lineman Glenn Dorsey, and receiver Dwayne Bowe.

I personally am willing to trade J.Hill, J.Morgan for the D. Bowe.

Crabtree, Morgan, Hill, and Bowe would all be ineffective in our current scheme.

If you put Aaron Rodgers at QB on our team, and improve the O-line to an average level, you'd see all of our current players ooze with potential.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by stonecold590:

I wouldnt go so far as say i would give a 1st Round pick for Wimbley. but I would give up our 2nd. i think he would Be a great fit to the team.

Why not, would probably make more of an impact now than any pass-rusher drafted in 2010 draft. Hes already up to NFL speed, experience in a 3-4, proven he can play and produce in the NFL. Lets not forget, hes still young in NFL years and age. You guys want a pass-rusher....HE IS IT!!!
Why is Mangini getting rid of all his players?
Share 49ersWebzone