There are 290 users in the forums

For the Peppers Homers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Demarcus Ware has no sacks. Ed Reed has no picks. This happens all the time. People need to stop with the this season is all that matters, and I can't remember what happened last year attitude.

Julius Peppers has had 10+ sacks in 4 of the last 5 seasons. He's usually cold? Right.

Check out his TT stats, last year he was ranked 233rd overall 29th for DL, year before 340th overall 76th for DL. If we would be paying around $10mill+ a year for a player I would hope he would contribute more then that.

For instance....Ware was ranked 71st overall for TT in '08 and 79th overall in '07.

What is TT?

Total Tackles

Total tackles for a defensive lineman.....is a fairly irrelevant statistic. I think Marques Douglas led the NFL in tackles a couple of seasons ago, and nobody in their right minds would take Douglas over Peppers.

True to an extent but the ability to shut down his side is just as important.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
who the f**k is jon beason to call out julius peppers !?

Who cares, the Panthers suck, our LB's are awesome
Same, I never wanted Peppers either and nor did i ever want Merriman.

Peppers has never played in a 3-4, is over 30 and is looking for Haynesworth like contract.

-9fA
I liken Peppers' situation to that of Randy Moss when he was in Oakland. When you're playing somewhere that you no longer want to be (for whatever reason), you're not going to produce. Even if you're getting paid big dollars, it doesn't automatically mean you're going to feel motivated to play at a high level....just human nature.

Like Moss, if you put Peppers in a different situation, he'll likely produce the kind of results he's capable of.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoFD74:
I liken Peppers' situation to that of Randy Moss when he was in Oakland. When you're playing somewhere that you no longer want to be (for whatever reason), you're not going to produce. Even if you're getting paid big dollars, it doesn't automatically mean you're going to feel motivated to play at a high level....just human nature.

Like Moss, if you put Peppers in a different situation, he'll likely produce the kind of results he's capable of.

I am really surprised that a team isn't going to approach the Panthers and offer a draft pick - with a deal in place of course - to them.

The Panthers need to rebuild their team, and need all the picks and cap relief to do it in a timely manner.
Originally posted by GEEK:

I am really surprised that a team isn't going to approach the Panthers and offer a draft pick - with a deal in place of course - to them.

The Panthers need to rebuild their team, and need all the picks and cap relief to do it in a timely manner.

All in good time...someone will definitely approach Carolina about Peppers, and they likely won't get as much for him now as they would have if they traded him during the past off-season.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GEEK:

All in good time...someone will definitely approach Carolina about Peppers, and they likely won't get as much for him now as they would have if they traded him during the past off-season.

You never know, Al Davis is still running the Raiders lol.
How is my boy E. Brown doing?
Originally posted by King49er:
Who cares, the Panthers suck, our LB's are awesome

So are theirs, Beason, Thomas Davis, Diggs/L. Johnson.

Originally posted by SolRebe1:

2 starts, 1 tackle, zero sacks, high ankle sprain
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by SolRebe1:

2 starts, 1 tackle, zero sacks, high ankle sprain

quentin groves, now everette brown
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
who the f**k is jon beason to call out julius peppers !?

lol dude hes there best defensive player
Share 49ersWebzone