LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 209 users in the forums

Braylon Edwards traded to the Jets

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Good trade for clevland braylon is overrated I like stucky and if its indeed a 3rd rounder they can draft a wr= to braylon

Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
From Schefter's twitter

Quote:
Trade terms: Braylon Edwards for Chansi Stuckey, Jason Trusnik and two picks thought to be a 3rd and 5th-round pick.

Wow....seemingly the Browns got the ass end of the deal. Only time will tell but seriously ?

Looks that way but then again Braylon is overrated IMO. If he is a cancer in the locker-room then might as well get something i guess. Browns are going to be rebuilding.

Braylon has poor hands, but he is a playmaker and has shown he can be a #1 WR. If the Browns could get steady QB play he could have put up big numbers as he has shown in the past.

As for getting a replacement in the 3rd...only 3 WR's since 2005 drafted from round 3 on, has gone over the 1000 yard mark. Chances are they won't replace him with a 2nd day pick however they did add 2 receivers this year in round 2 so if anything I can see them adding a veteran WR and using their draft picks to build the D.

[ Edited by KRS-1 on Oct 7, 2009 at 06:54:04 ]
Good trade for clevland braylon is overrated I like stucky and if its indeed a 3rd rounder they can draft a wr= to braylon

From Schefter's twitter

Quote:
Trade terms: Braylon Edwards for Chansi Stuckey, Jason Trusnik and two picks thought to be a 3rd and 5th-round pick.

Wow....seemingly the Browns got the ass end of the deal. Only time will tell but seriously ?

Looks that way but then again Braylon is overrated IMO. If he is a cancer in the locker-room then might as well get something i guess. Browns are going to be rebuilding.

Braylon has poor hands, but he is a playmaker and has shown he can be a #1 WR. If the Browns could get steady QB play he could have put up big numbers as he has shown in the past.

As for getting a replacement in the 3rd...only 3 WR's since 2005 drafted from round 3 on, has gone over the 1000 yard mark. Chances are they won't replace him with a 2nd day pick however they did add 2 receivers this year in round 2 so if anything I can see them adding a veteran WR and using their draft picks to build the D.

That doesnt mean much since many WR's dont break out til year 3 regardless of where they were drafted
Guess their Crabtree deal fell through, haha. Hope they didn't trade any of our draft picks to the Browns!

From Schefter's twitter

Quote:

Yeah he can be a number one is he gets his head on straight.. Ever since his PB year he has had locker room trouble, dropsies and trouble outside of football. yeah i guess if he gets his s**t right the jets win good points my bad
How convenient...
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

From Schefter's twitter

Quote:

That doesnt mean much since many WR's dont break out til year 3 regardless of where they were drafted

Two of those draft classes is past the 3 years, one is in the 3rd year and the guys from that class have yet to show much this season (with the exception of 1) in way of potential to become a #1 or #2 WR but there is still time yes however most of those guys have given much if any hope. As for the last 2 classes it's still early but the number of 2nd day WR's that have shown potential to being that #1 or 2 is a very very small percentage.

If you look at the WR's taken on Day 1 in that same time frame you'll see that a good number of those WR's have made an impact to their teams rather quickly.
  • evil
  • Veteran

From Schefter's twitter

Quote:

Yeah he can be a number one is he gets his head on straight.. Ever since his PB year he has had locker room trouble, dropsies and trouble outside of football. yeah i guess if he gets his s**t right the jets win good points my bad

He has had the dropsies his entire career in Cleveland, it just became more apparent when his numbers dropped off after a bright start to his career.
we'll be getting that 3rd pick
I really hope this backfires on the Jets and Braylon completely busts for them.

The Jets are one of my most hated teams right now.
I think they traded away our compensation hope they got something left by sentencing.

Originally posted by SF2AZNiner:
I think they traded away our compensation hope they got something left by sentencing.

We'll take Mark Sanchez
I think the Jets should have traded for Boldin
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DesiDez:
I think the Jets should have traded for Boldin

Rumor had it the Cards wanted a 1-3-5 this offseason for him so Edwards was obviously much cheaper although Boldin may have been had for less now possibly but not that much less.
Originally posted by B_Carmine:
does this prove that they were tampering?

No, it doesn't, but it makes them look more suspicious. I hope as an added benefit of Crabtree's signing that he cooperates with the tampering investigation. I’d really like to see the Jets get nailed.
...and keeping him on my fantasy team suddenly seems so much more brilliant than before:)
Share 49ersWebzone