LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

Limbaugh, Rev. Al, and the rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • SuperBowl2011
  • Info N/A
That you have the gall to throw out a “you and your lady are bigots” shows a total and complete lack of class. The reality is that you obviously view almost everything through race-colored glasses, in that any idea coming from someone who disagrees with you must originate from bigotry or racism. If I am against Obama it is because I am a bigot or a racist, not simply someone who disagrees with his ideology. Your posts are completely devoid of any critical reasoning or logic beyond referring to people as bigots and racists. There is never any blame to be had except to blame racism and bigotry. Hell, I could be completely wrong about you, but based on your posts, it seems your world revolves completely around this dynamic. I am merely a lurker, but your posts inspired me to create an account to point out your buffoonery.

You said it yourself: “"Obama America" is just a term that racist use to express their dissatisfaction with a Black President” Listen, I don’t know about you, but in my world the pursuit of truth and reason transcends race, political parties, gender, sexual orientation, religion and whatever labels there might be. From my perspective, the people who are knee-jerk race-baiters (such as yourself) are just as ignorant and ridiculous as true hate-mongering racists. You disallow reasonable debate and instead use politically correct speech and the fear of being labeled a racist to restrict anyone from disagreeing with you. You offer nothing of value to the debate in return for your suppression of the speech of others. In your eyes, there is no opposition to Obama other than that he is black. Let me try to enlighten you: his skin color isn’t why more than half this country (according to recent polls) disapprove of him. His ideology and actions in office are the reasons for that. For many of those of us who oppose him, his skin color actually works in his favor as the civil-rights aspect of his Presidency was a source of pride. Upon his election I was both proud of my country for proving that the specter of racism was becoming a thing of the past, but disheartened that we elected someone with his political views. I can assure you that if a libertarian-leaning/Reaganish black man were running for the Republican nomination for President, he would sweep the primaries without opposition. My opposition to Obama is a core disagreement about the role government should play in our lives as Americans It is because of his actions in office, I despise him; his skin color doesn’t enter into the equation. If he were less interested in ramming through government entitlement programs we can’t afford and more active in reducing the role of government and fixing our economy, I would be totally onboard. But in your eyes, I am only a racist.

49time, as long as you continue to call everyone who disagrees with you a bigot/racist, you will never realize your potential in this life because there will always be someone to blame for your problems other than yourself.

On a side note I don't even listen to Rush, but I find much of the criticism against him to be thoughtless and often libelous, considering many of the quotes that have been attributed to him since this story broke are actually from the text of a hoax chain email that you can find near the top of Google on several searches, yet these quotes are presented as truth.
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Black players will boycott Rams if Rush is owner

Quote:
Mathias Kiwanuka loves his former defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo, but the Giants' defensive end says he will never play for Spagnuolo's Rams if Rush Limbaugh purchases the team. Kiwanuka and the Jets' Bart Scott made it clear Thursday that they would never play for the Rams or any team owned by the controversial conservative radio host. "All I know is from the last comment I heard, he said in (President) Obama's America, white kids are getting beat up on the bus while black kids are chanting 'right on,'" Kiwanuka told The Daily News. "I mean, I don't want anything to do with a team that he has any part of. He can do whatever he wants, it is a free country. But if it goes through, I can tell you where I am not going to play."

What a surprise, black players don't want to play for an unabashed racist? Let's hope he does buy the team, the could be the NFL's version of the Utah Jazz.

i like how everyone is stating as fact that Rush Limbaugh is a racist based on one comment that wasnt even racist.

"i think donovan mcnabb is a bit overrated, because the media wants a black quarterback to succeed."

nowhere does he denounce mcnabb for being black, nowhere does he state he doesnt think mcnabb is any good. he made a comment that he shouldnt have made on TV, because theres so many oversensitive people out there.

i swear, people can be such little pansies. crying about Limbaugh being racist just because they dont like his politics. if jon stewart said it, nobody would have given a crap. the liberal media jumped all over it.

Limbaugh is a major radio entertainer. his job isnt just to report on political news, its to say outrageous things and make a show of it. whether people love it or hate it, hes doing his job. he just didnt realize you cant make edgy comment on national TV on an NFL broadcast and get away with it.

it was a simple opinion, that he thought mcnabb was overrated because he was a black QB. its not even racist. it was criticizing other people for building mcnabb up for more than just football factors.
Originally posted by SuperBowl2011:
That you have the gall to throw out a “you and your lady are bigots” shows a total and complete lack of class. The reality is that you obviously view almost everything through race-colored glasses, in that any idea coming from someone who disagrees with you must originate from bigotry or racism. If I am against Obama it is because I am a bigot or a racist, not simply someone who disagrees with his ideology. Your posts are completely devoid of any critical reasoning or logic beyond referring to people as bigots and racists. There is never any blame to be had except to blame racism and bigotry. Hell, I could be completely wrong about you, but based on your posts, it seems your world revolves completely around this dynamic. I am merely a lurker, but your posts inspired me to create an account to point out your buffoonery.

You said it yourself: “"Obama America" is just a term that racist use to express their dissatisfaction with a Black President” Listen, I don’t know about you, but in my world the pursuit of truth and reason transcends race, political parties, gender, sexual orientation, religion and whatever labels there might be. From my perspective, the people who are knee-jerk race-baiters (such as yourself) are just as ignorant and ridiculous as true hate-mongering racists. You disallow reasonable debate and instead use politically correct speech and the fear of being labeled a racist to restrict anyone from disagreeing with you. You offer nothing of value to the debate in return for your suppression of the speech of others. In your eyes, there is no opposition to Obama other than that he is black. Let me try to enlighten you: his skin color isn’t why more than half this country (according to recent polls) disapprove of him. His ideology and actions in office are the reasons for that. For many of those of us who oppose him, his skin color actually works in his favor as the civil-rights aspect of his Presidency was a source of pride. Upon his election I was both proud of my country for proving that the specter of racism was becoming a thing of the past, but disheartened that we elected someone with his political views. I can assure you that if a libertarian-leaning/Reaganish black man were running for the Republican nomination for President, he would sweep the primaries without opposition. My opposition to Obama is a core disagreement about the role government should play in our lives as Americans It is because of his actions in office, I despise him; his skin color doesn’t enter into the equation. If he were less interested in ramming through government entitlement programs we can’t afford and more active in reducing the role of government and fixing our economy, I would be totally onboard. But in your eyes, I am only a racist.

49time, as long as you continue to call everyone who disagrees with you a bigot/racist, you will never realize your potential in this life because there will always be someone to blame for your problems other than yourself.

On a side note I don't even listen to Rush, but I find much of the criticism against him to be thoughtless and often libelous, considering many of the quotes that have been attributed to him since this story broke are actually from the text of a hoax chain email that you can find near the top of Google on several searches, yet these quotes are presented as truth.

Glad that I inspired you to join. We need more fans. Now to your point, I called one person idea racist. I did not say he was racist. In addition,I did not say anyone else had racist idea. So what are you talking about? Before you attack me, reread my post. My post may enhance your potential to be a fair law biding citizen as well. Lastly, If you oppose Obama fine, I just stated that he was not doing worst than Bush.Someone must approved b/c he did win a nobel peace prize. Did Bush win anythng? Honestly, I would like to know? Finally everything I stated was fact. I am sorry that I offended your One-sided view.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
While you guys may have different opinions than dj43, let's not resort to calling him a racist and a bigot. He hasn't said anything that resembles either, and if you aren't going to engage in civil debate, then maybe you should head over to the Parking Lot until you're calmed down, or just walk away. I understand his opinion may be unpopular, but that's no cause for racism accusations.

I'd rather not lock this thread, since it's an interesting topic regarding the NFL, so keep it civil, or don't post in here.

[/quote
I called his ideas racist. IF I called him a racist or bigot, I appologize.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by 49time:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
^^ Wow.

So the fellow that you are arguing with needs to educate himself but, on the flipside, you refuse to even consider the information that he provided for your consideration?

WOW
I read the survey. If you would have read my 1st response or check out the survey for yourself, you would have known that I was correct. That survey is contributed to the EOA. Equal Opportunity ACT. It is design to elimanate discrimation. He said that it was design for Reverse Racism. As far as Rush,I can not listen to Rush at work. Really do not choose to listen to someone like that anyway. The print was too dark for me to read.

WOW

You missed my point.

I did not address the survey nor did I mention racism at all (FWIW, Rush is a blowhard and this "CP time" concept is insulting to African-Americans). Rather, you simply solidified my opinion: Seems like you refuse to consider any information that falls outside of the scope of your preconceived belief system. Simply put, you are "right" and any contrary information is "wrong" or "racist," so there is no need to determine if, perhaps, Limbaugh was misquoted, right?

Good day and good luck to you.

You are right. Rush had said so many racial things in the past, I automatically assume that this was racist. I could not check the source at work.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Afrikan:

Quote:
Mathias Kiwanuka loves his former defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo, but the Giants' defensive end says he will never play for Spagnuolo's Rams if Rush Limbaugh purchases the team. Kiwanuka and the Jets' Bart Scott made it clear Thursday that they would never play for the Rams or any team owned by the controversial conservative radio host. "All I know is from the last comment I heard, he said in (President) Obama's America, white kids are getting beat up on the bus while black kids are chanting 'right on,'" Kiwanuka told The Daily News. "I mean, I don't want anything to do with a team that he has any part of. He can do whatever he wants, it is a free country. But if it goes through, I can tell you where I am not going to play."

What a surprise, black players don't want to play for an unabashed racist? Let's hope he does buy the team, the could be the NFL's version of the Utah Jazz.

Taking things out of context always creates mistaken impressions.

In this case, Limbaugh was referrencing guys like Sharpton, Rangel and Jesse Jackson who pull the race card everytime an African American does something illegal and gets caught. The result is that there is one set of laws that apply to whites and another for African Americans.

Let me give you an example from my wife's school that happened just this week: An African American eigth grade boy turned in a book report on a book that was clearly above his reading level, and the book report was obviously a cut-and-paste job right off the internet. It was not submitted on the required book report form, rather is was printed on plain paper, straight from a printer.

My wife questioned him about the meaning of certain words and sentences that he had supposedly written himself. He had no idea of their meaning. He received an F. The next day the mother called and was very irate. She stopped just short of accusing my wife of discrimination and demanded the report be accepted.

Wife went to the Vice Principal who noted that the mother had done similar things in the past, including racial discrimination allegations, therefore it wasn't worth the headache of dealing with her. VP suggested my wife allow him to write a second book report in class, using class time rather than home time, and taking time away from regular instruction time, all because the district feels it is too difficult to defend a racial discrimination case than to hold everyone to the same standard.

The result is that black kids get away with stuff that white kids will not, only because they are off a different skin color. This IS racism, pure and simple, but of the opposite kind. The truly unfortunate thing is that the "black" kids suffer in the end because they are not being taught how to live in society.

As I stated above, I don't like Limbaugh's style but he is speaking correctly about a problem we have in this country that results from reverse discrimination. In this case, he has been quoted out of context. Limbaugh is not a racist, even though the liberal media would love to paint him that way, and their out-of-context quotes have apparently reached some players.

couple of things....

seems like it is the school system in your area that needs to be called out. Doesn't matter what this kid's mom says, if it is blatantly copy and paste work from the internet, I believe it is illegal if the kid didn't cite his sources....if the principal is not going to stand up to the parents, then he/she needs to be removed.....it would benefit everyone.

also, imo, I don't think you should put time into defending Rush's words....or what ever he is "really" trying to say.... defending Rush is like defending Alex....Facts always get in the way.....

I mean this whole "Obama's America" thing is ridiculous.... it has been like this, way before Obama had control of anything....and if Rush expects Obama to fix these issues this early in his term, let alone ever fix these types of issues, then that is just crazy talk.

I know the times are tough, but if possible, I believe your wife should teach at an another school....she is obviously trying to do the right thing for that kid's future, and that school does not deserve her services.

or she can try and get through to that kid....make it personal....let him know that she is the only one who is apparently looking out for his future......then listen to what he has to say....ask him why he did it....and if there was anyway way she can help, so that he doesn't need to feel he has to do it again. I know it seems like a soft way of going about things...but you never know how this kid might respond. Right now this kid might be in defensive mode because he is embarrassed and knows he got away with something, but at the same time knows his teacher is disappointed in him. or he can just be a punk...if that is the case then......well then at least she tried.
SCHOOL UPDATE:
My wife had further conversations with the principal who talked with the mother. The kid is going to be allowed to re-do another book report and my wife will be obligated to grade it - additional work for her...all because the mom was allowed to play the race card.

The general policy in many areas is that if the parents want to play the race card, it isn't worth the agravation and financial cost to defend the action. Hence, if the parents choose to perpetuate racism in the country, they will be allowed to do that...but only if they are black. Other schools are being forced to function in much the same way. This is the state we live in.

It sure sounds as if you and your lady are bigots. I am not saying that you are racist. However, your posts on this topic are off the subject. For example, what does your wife teaching a black child has to do with Rush owning a team? Example 2, You are on a 49er site cheering for the Rams( our rivals) to hire a blatantly racist owner. Thirdly, Obama won b/c he was the best candidate. Where you calling it a "BUSH AMERICA" when gas prices soared to $6 or when he left black people to die in Katrina. "Obama America" is just a term that racist use to express their dissatisfaction with a Black President. Get Over it. We could do worst. We did worst. We had Bush.
You know absolutely nothing about me OR my wife (she IS a lady but is also my WIFE). You comment is entirely inappropriate and I am offended by the inference.

For the record, I am NOT cheering for anyone. I was pointing out that much of what has been REPEATED about Limbaugh has come from liberal groups who have a personal agenda opposed to anything conservative. If you did not gather that from what I wrote then it is your comprehension that is lacking here.

As to the comment about schools; reverse discrimination has become so rampant in MANY California schools that adminstration chooses to allow black, and to a lesser degree hispanics, to get by on lower levels of achievement than other races.

Let me give you a specific example: Last spring, on one of three "Diversity Training Days" in my wife's school district, a black man, paid for by the state of California, spoke to the teachers and administrators on how blacks must be treated differently than whites. Among numerous points he mentioned was the issue of punctuality. He observed that among the black culture, prompt arrival for appointments is not considered critical. His direct quote was that there "is CP time," which he went on to explain, stands for Colored People time. If a black person is 20 minutes late for an appointment, that is understandable within their culture and white teachers must understand that and not punish a black student for arriving late to school, or not having homework done on time! His point was that teachers must be patient with black students because their culture was so different.

Is that bigoted? Realistic? Fair to the black student? What is your opinion?

WTF type of school district is that? You need to stop talking and do something about that I would have went up to the school and smacked whoever let this guy give a speech like this. If things like this are goign on why aren't people protesting and why are the teachers going for it? Sounds like your school system is promoting racial divide. That is horrible if i heard about that going on in my kids school system I would move. Who the f**k is gonna tell a group of teachers that all black students should be late WTF sounds like some bulls**t to me
Manteca Unified. A number of teachers walked out of the meeting before the guy concluded his remarks.

This is just an example of PC gone crazy in California. The guy was on the payroll of the state Dept of Education in Sacramento. I'll have a name for you tomorrow.

A further example of how California is wasting money and promoting racism, they just spent $100,000+ on a statewide survey asking teachers to claim their "ethnicity," as opposed to their race. The dictionary shows no difference. This is just an example of how our state Ed system continues to make race a dividing line. They don't WANT to do away with racism. Keeping track of things like this only provides jobs for more govenment workers.

You can read the survey here: www.cde.ca.gov/ds/sp/cl/raceethnicity08a1.asp#topic2

This is the kind of nonsense public school teachers have to put up with in this state.

Now back to Rush...

not!

This is not racist. It is a survey. We have it in the Financial industry too. It to discourages hiring discrimination. This protect the rights of all races and gender. I think you are a little misinformed. You need to do more research. Do not take your lady's word about these things. She could be hearing those stories from a friends that are racist, and then passes it off to you as hearsay. It seems that you are fairly smart, but someone is skewing your information.
I have a copy of the survey on my desk. I spoke with the person from the district office and called the CBEDS director in Sacramento. The survey asked one question: Are you Hispanic or Latino? Yes? No? It followed with a qualifier that stated this was about ethniticity, not race.

Below was a separate set of choices asking people to choose their "race."

the dictionary defines "race" as:

- a group of tribes or peoples forming an ethnic stock: the Slavic race.
- any people united by common history, language, cultural traits, etc.: the Dutch race.

ethnicity - a group of people united by background, character, affiliation, etc.

There is no difference between the two groups. One defines the other.

When I called the district personnel office and told her I had a question about the survey, the first words out of her mouth were, "This wasn't my idea. It came from the state office." She agreed it served no useful purpose, only diffused to focus of education.

I'm out.

My last reply to this. You are wrong and right. You are right with race and ethnicity are different. You are wrong b/c this is still a survey for EOA. Hmda (Home Mortgage Disclosure ACT)has the same survey. It asks whether you or Hispanic or Not? You can be another race and have Hispanic ethnicity that is why the question is asked that way. Let me give you an example: The banks use to only lend to certain people. They would get a map a draw a line across it. They would only lend to people within the lines. Back then, certain races live in the same community. Therefore if you had a black or White manager, they would lend more toward there race. Everything I am telling you is documented and true. Pm if you want more information. I hope there are no hard feelings. Your survey is to make sure that the school is not discrimanating with hiring and students. Lastly there is no official Cp time. Trust me. That is just a joke. Blacks are just as discipline as White.

This.

Glad that I inspired you to join. We need more fans. Now to your point, I called one person idea racist. I did not say he was racist. In addition,I did not say anyone else had racist idea. So what are you talking about? Before you attack me, reread my post. My post may enhance your potential to be a fair law biding citizen as well. Lastly, If you oppose Obama fine, I just stated that he was not doing worst than Bush.Someone must approved b/c he did win a nobel peace prize. Did Bush win anythng? Honestly, I would like to know? Finally everything I stated was fact. I am sorry that I offended your One-sided view.

What did he do to win the Nobel Peace Prize after what 12 days in office or something?

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 14, 2009 at 18:06:00 ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:

Quote:

Taking things out of context always creates mistaken impressions.

In this case, Limbaugh was referrencing guys like Sharpton, Rangel and Jesse Jackson who pull the race card everytime an African American does something illegal and gets caught. The result is that there is one set of laws that apply to whites and another for African Americans.

Let me give you an example from my wife's school that happened just this week: An African American eigth grade boy turned in a book report on a book that was clearly above his reading level, and the book report was obviously a cut-and-paste job right off the internet. It was not submitted on the required book report form, rather is was printed on plain paper, straight from a printer.

My wife questioned him about the meaning of certain words and sentences that he had supposedly written himself. He had no idea of their meaning. He received an F. The next day the mother called and was very irate. She stopped just short of accusing my wife of discrimination and demanded the report be accepted.

Wife went to the Vice Principal who noted that the mother had done similar things in the past, including racial discrimination allegations, therefore it wasn't worth the headache of dealing with her. VP suggested my wife allow him to write a second book report in class, using class time rather than home time, and taking time away from regular instruction time, all because the district feels it is too difficult to defend a racial discrimination case than to hold everyone to the same standard.

The result is that black kids get away with stuff that white kids will not, only because they are off a different skin color. This IS racism, pure and simple, but of the opposite kind. The truly unfortunate thing is that the "black" kids suffer in the end because they are not being taught how to live in society.

As I stated above, I don't like Limbaugh's style but he is speaking correctly about a problem we have in this country that results from reverse discrimination. In this case, he has been quoted out of context. Limbaugh is not a racist, even though the liberal media would love to paint him that way, and their out-of-context quotes have apparently reached some players.

couple of things....

seems like it is the school system in your area that needs to be called out. Doesn't matter what this kid's mom says, if it is blatantly copy and paste work from the internet, I believe it is illegal if the kid didn't cite his sources....if the principal is not going to stand up to the parents, then he/she needs to be removed.....it would benefit everyone.

also, imo, I don't think you should put time into defending Rush's words....or what ever he is "really" trying to say.... defending Rush is like defending Alex....Facts always get in the way.....

I mean this whole "Obama's America" thing is ridiculous.... it has been like this, way before Obama had control of anything....and if Rush expects Obama to fix these issues this early in his term, let alone ever fix these types of issues, then that is just crazy talk.

I know the times are tough, but if possible, I believe your wife should teach at an another school....she is obviously trying to do the right thing for that kid's future, and that school does not deserve her services.

or she can try and get through to that kid....make it personal....let him know that she is the only one who is apparently looking out for his future......then listen to what he has to say....ask him why he did it....and if there was anyway way she can help, so that he doesn't need to feel he has to do it again. I know it seems like a soft way of going about things...but you never know how this kid might respond. Right now this kid might be in defensive mode because he is embarrassed and knows he got away with something, but at the same time knows his teacher is disappointed in him. or he can just be a punk...if that is the case then......well then at least she tried.
SCHOOL UPDATE:
My wife had further conversations with the principal who talked with the mother. The kid is going to be allowed to re-do another book report and my wife will be obligated to grade it - additional work for her...all because the mom was allowed to play the race card.

The general policy in many areas is that if the parents want to play the race card, it isn't worth the agravation and financial cost to defend the action. Hence, if the parents choose to perpetuate racism in the country, they will be allowed to do that...but only if they are black. Other schools are being forced to function in much the same way. This is the state we live in.

It sure sounds as if you and your lady are bigots. I am not saying that you are racist. However, your posts on this topic are off the subject. For example, what does your wife teaching a black child has to do with Rush owning a team? Example 2, You are on a 49er site cheering for the Rams( our rivals) to hire a blatantly racist owner. Thirdly, Obama won b/c he was the best candidate. Where you calling it a "BUSH AMERICA" when gas prices soared to $6 or when he left black people to die in Katrina. "Obama America" is just a term that racist use to express their dissatisfaction with a Black President. Get Over it. We could do worst. We did worst. We had Bush.
You know absolutely nothing about me OR my wife (she IS a lady but is also my WIFE). You comment is entirely inappropriate and I am offended by the inference.

For the record, I am NOT cheering for anyone. I was pointing out that much of what has been REPEATED about Limbaugh has come from liberal groups who have a personal agenda opposed to anything conservative. If you did not gather that from what I wrote then it is your comprehension that is lacking here.

As to the comment about schools; reverse discrimination has become so rampant in MANY California schools that adminstration chooses to allow black, and to a lesser degree hispanics, to get by on lower levels of achievement than other races.

Let me give you a specific example: Last spring, on one of three "Diversity Training Days" in my wife's school district, a black man, paid for by the state of California, spoke to the teachers and administrators on how blacks must be treated differently than whites. Among numerous points he mentioned was the issue of punctuality. He observed that among the black culture, prompt arrival for appointments is not considered critical. His direct quote was that there "is CP time," which he went on to explain, stands for Colored People time. If a black person is 20 minutes late for an appointment, that is understandable within their culture and white teachers must understand that and not punish a black student for arriving late to school, or not having homework done on time! His point was that teachers must be patient with black students because their culture was so different.

Is that bigoted? Realistic? Fair to the black student? What is your opinion?

Your comments are Bigoted. Read your comments. Your example screams racism. You may not be racist, however, your comments leave a lot more to be desired. You sound as if blacks actually have a better opportunity than Whites. You and I know that is not the case. You support a Radio host that thrives on Racism. He stated that watching today NFL is like watching the Crips and Bloods fight without guns. He also encourages people to show up a Obama rallies with pistols.
If you are really interested in learning the truth about the Crips and Bloods comment, here is the link to the entire transcript. http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/estack_12_13_06/the_classless_nfl_culture_.guest.html

You probably won't believe this but I don't listen to Limbaugh more than twice a month, at the most. However, I took the time to dig this up just to show how so much of what is being said is so far out of context as to be slanderous. In this case, Limbaugh was complaining about the classless stuff that Goodell fined players for doing...but go read it for yourself.

See this is why people would consider this racist. Why the Bloods and the Crips? Why associate those individuals with gang bangers? is it because of the general lawlessness? Even then im still trying to figure out why he chose the Bloods and the Crips. he didnt choose the Aryan nation or the Latin Kings. Even within the context of the whole transcript that statement is just offensive to all black people. Hes basically saying characterizing an entire group of people with Crips and Bloods..not just any gang. if you cant see that then obviously youve never been the victim of racism. this "PC-bulls**t" argument has its merits but not here my friend.
  • SuperBowl2011
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by ruthless49er:

See this is why people would consider this racist. Why the Bloods and the Crips? Why associate those individuals with gang bangers? is it because of the general lawlessness? Even then im still trying to figure out why he chose the Bloods and the Crips. he didnt choose the Aryan nation or the Latin Kings. Even within the context of the whole transcript that statement is just offensive to all black people. Hes basically saying characterizing an entire group of people with Crips and Bloods..not just any gang. if you cant see that then obviously youve never been the victim of racism. this "PC-bulls**t" argument has its merits but not here my friend.

It certainly is an overreaction. The Bloods and the Crips are the most notorious street gangs in the country. The Aryan Nation really isn't a street gang and the Latin Kings are really more local to Chicago and NY. So, it makes perfect sense for him to use those gangs from the top of his head. Could there have been some association with the fact that those gangs are more often than not made up of blacks? Sure, but on a subconscious level, that would make more sense to someone considering the NFL's current demographic makeup. The better question is whether it was a wise thing to say and with respect to that I can say it wasn't. Obviously, it was an idiotic thing to say in the first place and anyone who has experienced gang violence first-hand can attest to the fact that the analogy doesn't fit. To me the more offensive thing is the stupidity of the comment. Anyone that is legitimately offended by the racial context of the quote really needs to find something more important to worry about.

• SuperBowl2011
  • Info N/A
Let's break this down with your own words, shall we?

Now to your point, I called one person idea racist. I did not say he was racist. In addition,I did not say anyone else had racist idea.

"It sure sounds as if you and your lady are bigots."

"You are on a 49er site cheering for the Rams( our rivals) to hire a blatantly racist owner."

"when he left black people to die in Katrina"

""Obama America" is just a term that racist use to express their dissatisfaction with a Black President."

"Your comments are Bigoted."

"Your example screams racism."

"You support a Radio host that thrives on Racism."

"She could be hearing those stories from a friends that are racist, and then passes it off to you as hearsay."

Well, so much for you not calling people racist. Half of the things you have posted consisted of insinuating that people were being racists. And you do realize that bigotry, in this context, is roughly interchangeable with racism, right? That bigotry can be more broadly applied in other contexts doesn't mean you can get away with using it just to turn around and deny calling someone a racist.

So what are you talking about? Before you attack me, reread my post. My post may enhance your potential to be a fair law biding citizen as well.

My potential to be a law abiding citizen? What in the hell are you even talking about? Are you aware of laws that I am breaking that I am not? I reread your posts and cannot be sure you are completely sane. To be sure, you shouldn't be allowed to vote. You don't even seem lucid.

Lastly, If you oppose Obama fine, I just stated that he was not doing worst than Bush.

That is a matter of opinion. I think Obama is doing a terrible job and so do most Americans given recent opinion polls. And given the utter dismantling and reshaping of our economy he is attempting, he has the potential to be one of the worst Presidents we have ever had. Our national debt will top 15 trillion dollars next year given his current pace. Maybe that doesn't mean much to you, but it means a lot to anyone educated in Economics. Bush was bad, but life was pretty good for most of his tenure. Life has the potential to get really difficult if Obama continues his current course.

Someone must approved b/c he did win a nobel peace prize. Did Bush win anythng? Honestly, I would like to know? Finally everything I stated was fact. I am sorry that I offended your One-sided view.

The peace prize? You realize that he was nominated 12 days after he was elected to office right? Can you point to anything he has done to earn this prize you seem to value so much? Anyone with a brain understands that it was a political statement more than a reward for achievements. Maybe you need to do some of your own "research." You really have an extremely shallow grasp of politics.

Our conversation:

You: "Obama is good because he does good things"

Me: "Can you name some of them?"

You: "You are a racist!" He won a peace prize!"

Me: [facepalm]

And you are right. I am extremely closed-minded. Unfortunately that means I disagree with both Democrats and Republicans because both engage in their fair share of irrationality, which you seem to be adopting just fine.

And please...never vote. Simple-minded people are ruining this country.

[ Edited by SuperBowl2011 on Oct 14, 2009 at 19:58:51 ]
Originally posted by ruthless49er:

It certainly is an overreaction. The Bloods and the Crips are the most notorious street gangs in the country. The Aryan Nation really isn't a street gang and the Latin Kings are really more local to Chicago and NY. So, it makes perfect sense for him to use those gangs from the top of his head. Could there have been some association with the fact that those gangs are more often than not made up of blacks? Sure, but on a subconscious level, that would make more sense to someone considering the NFL's current demographic makeup. The better question is whether it was a wise thing to say and with respect to that I can say it wasn't. Obviously, it was an idiotic thing to say in the first place and anyone who has experienced gang violence first-hand can attest to the fact that the analogy doesn't fit. To me the more offensive thing is the stupidity of the comment. Anyone that is legitimately offended by the racial context of the quote really needs to find something more important to worry about.

Im still trying to figure that quote out. Does he mean the violence or does he mean the conduct of the players? Moving from players who act stupid to people who use violent murder and destruction as thier lifestyle is quite a jump. he used the first negative thought thats associated with it. To jump to Crips and Bloods because thats the most popular association with gangbangers just reinforces the stereotype that troubled black kids are like the crips and the bloods. If thats not racist seriously..tell me what is?
Share 49ersWebzone