LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 213 users in the forums

Limbaugh, Rev. Al, and the rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • dj43
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4535583

Dave Checketts owns the St Louis Blues and has made money there. Rush Limbaugh has made a bundle with his nationally syndicated talk show. He also has more than average football IQ. The Rams have lacked leadership at the top ever since Georgia Frontiere took over the team. She died last year and the family is looking to sell.

If this happens, it could make the Rams a more formidable opponent down the road.
Rush Limbaugh shouldn't be in charge of anything.

But then again, it is the Rams, so I say go for it.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Steven Jackson is overrated by the media becuase he is an African-American running back ...

• dj43
Originally posted by RayFinkle:
Rush Limbaugh shouldn't be in charge of anything.

But then again, it is the Rams, so I say go for it.

eh, I understand you may not like conservative politics but he is in Tiger Woods class in annual earnings and net worth. He didn't get that way from JUST talking.
Originally posted by dman:
Steven Jackson is overrated by the media becuase he is an African-American running back ...

.....just when i thought there's no way i could hate the rams more.
Originally posted by dman:

Too funny!
Can't wait for fatass to blame every Rams loss on the liberal driveby media. At least the Rams won't have to worry about their pain killer supplies.
Yet another reason to hate the Rams!
Originally posted by rigs49:
Yet another reason to hate the Rams!

Exactly! Maybe he'll move them back to LA, then I can REALLY hate on them.
If Rush buys the Rams, does that mean all of their plays will go to the right.

Originally posted by linkboy:
If Rush buys the Rams, does that mean all of their plays will go to the right.

[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Oct 6, 2009 at 23:09:31 ]
  • dj43
FYI, I understand the liberal bias of this board, however, I would caution any who think this would be a non-consequential event in the 49er division.

Georgia Frontiere inherited the team from her late husband and was considered to be one of the weakest owners in the league. She loved the Hollywood scene and had a huge ego that kept her from turning over direction of the team to someone who could truly do a good job. She got lucky with Dick Vermeil/Mike Martz, but when Vermeil retired, the franchise was headed downhill from then on. She was only half a step behind of Al Davis in the ego department. Her lack of vision held that franchise back for years.

Limbaugh's ownership model is the Pittsburgh Steelers where the Modell family has attracted quality at all levels of football. They have football people in charge of football. Limbaugh has been unashamedly a Steeler fan for years. He is also a very shrewd businessman who has built his worth to a very high level. I have seen estimates that his annual income is between $40 and $100MILLION annually. He is also well-connected to people who have even more money. He is also a Missouri native which will play well in that town.

Dave Checketts is also a very experieneced sports management guy who knows how to make things work.

If this deal goes through, St Louis will be a much more formidable opponent than they have been in the past. This is not to be taken lightly.
Originally posted by dj43:

Limbaugh's ownership model is the Pittsburgh Steelers where the Modell family has attracted quality at all levels of football. They have football people in charge of football. Limbaugh has been unashamedly a Steeler fan for years.

Personally, I loved Georgia F. Thanks to her we didn't have to face Eric Dickerson, Jerome Bettis & Kevin Greene as much as we could have.

RIP G
Share 49ersWebzone