There are 156 users in the forums

Limbaugh, Rev. Al, and the rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
it'll never happen. Other owners won't allow it.
  • dj43
Originally posted by 49time:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Black players will boycott Rams if Rush is owner

Quote:
Mathias Kiwanuka loves his former defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo, but the Giants' defensive end says he will never play for Spagnuolo's Rams if Rush Limbaugh purchases the team. Kiwanuka and the Jets' Bart Scott made it clear Thursday that they would never play for the Rams or any team owned by the controversial conservative radio host. "All I know is from the last comment I heard, he said in (President) Obama's America, white kids are getting beat up on the bus while black kids are chanting 'right on,'" Kiwanuka told The Daily News. "I mean, I don't want anything to do with a team that he has any part of. He can do whatever he wants, it is a free country. But if it goes through, I can tell you where I am not going to play."

What a surprise, black players don't want to play for an unabashed racist? Let's hope he does buy the team, the could be the NFL's version of the Utah Jazz.

Taking things out of context always creates mistaken impressions.

In this case, Limbaugh was referrencing guys like Sharpton, Rangel and Jesse Jackson who pull the race card everytime an African American does something illegal and gets caught. The result is that there is one set of laws that apply to whites and another for African Americans.

Let me give you an example from my wife's school that happened just this week: An African American eigth grade boy turned in a book report on a book that was clearly above his reading level, and the book report was obviously a cut-and-paste job right off the internet. It was not submitted on the required book report form, rather is was printed on plain paper, straight from a printer.

My wife questioned him about the meaning of certain words and sentences that he had supposedly written himself. He had no idea of their meaning. He received an F. The next day the mother called and was very irate. She stopped just short of accusing my wife of discrimination and demanded the report be accepted.

Wife went to the Vice Principal who noted that the mother had done similar things in the past, including racial discrimination allegations, therefore it wasn't worth the headache of dealing with her. VP suggested my wife allow him to write a second book report in class, using class time rather than home time, and taking time away from regular instruction time, all because the district feels it is too difficult to defend a racial discrimination case than to hold everyone to the same standard.

The result is that black kids get away with stuff that white kids will not, only because they are off a different skin color. This IS racism, pure and simple, but of the opposite kind. The truly unfortunate thing is that the "black" kids suffer in the end because they are not being taught how to live in society.

As I stated above, I don't like Limbaugh's style but he is speaking correctly about a problem we have in this country that results from reverse discrimination. In this case, he has been quoted out of context. Limbaugh is not a racist, even though the liberal media would love to paint him that way, and their out-of-context quotes have apparently reached some players.

couple of things....

seems like it is the school system in your area that needs to be called out. Doesn't matter what this kid's mom says, if it is blatantly copy and paste work from the internet, I believe it is illegal if the kid didn't cite his sources....if the principal is not going to stand up to the parents, then he/she needs to be removed.....it would benefit everyone.

also, imo, I don't think you should put time into defending Rush's words....or what ever he is "really" trying to say.... defending Rush is like defending Alex....Facts always get in the way.....

I mean this whole "Obama's America" thing is ridiculous.... it has been like this, way before Obama had control of anything....and if Rush expects Obama to fix these issues this early in his term, let alone ever fix these types of issues, then that is just crazy talk.

I know the times are tough, but if possible, I believe your wife should teach at an another school....she is obviously trying to do the right thing for that kid's future, and that school does not deserve her services.

or she can try and get through to that kid....make it personal....let him know that she is the only one who is apparently looking out for his future......then listen to what he has to say....ask him why he did it....and if there was anyway way she can help, so that he doesn't need to feel he has to do it again. I know it seems like a soft way of going about things...but you never know how this kid might respond. Right now this kid might be in defensive mode because he is embarrassed and knows he got away with something, but at the same time knows his teacher is disappointed in him. or he can just be a punk...if that is the case then......well then at least she tried.
SCHOOL UPDATE:
My wife had further conversations with the principal who talked with the mother. The kid is going to be allowed to re-do another book report and my wife will be obligated to grade it - additional work for her...all because the mom was allowed to play the race card.

The general policy in many areas is that if the parents want to play the race card, it isn't worth the agravation and financial cost to defend the action. Hence, if the parents choose to perpetuate racism in the country, they will be allowed to do that...but only if they are black. Other schools are being forced to function in much the same way. This is the state we live in.

It sure sounds as if you and your lady are bigots. I am not saying that you are racist. However, your posts on this topic are off the subject. For example, what does your wife teaching a black child has to do with Rush owning a team? Example 2, You are on a 49er site cheering for the Rams( our rivals) to hire a blatantly racist owner. Thirdly, Obama won b/c he was the best candidate. Where you calling it a "BUSH AMERICA" when gas prices soared to $6 or when he left black people to die in Katrina. "Obama America" is just a term that racist use to express their dissatisfaction with a Black President. Get Over it. We could do worst. We did worst. We had Bush.
You know absolutely nothing about me OR my wife (she IS a lady but is also my WIFE). You comment is entirely inappropriate and I am offended by the inference.

For the record, I am NOT cheering for anyone. I was pointing out that much of what has been REPEATED about Limbaugh has come from liberal groups who have a personal agenda opposed to anything conservative. If you did not gather that from what I wrote then it is your comprehension that is lacking here.

As to the comment about schools; reverse discrimination has become so rampant in MANY California schools that adminstration chooses to allow black, and to a lesser degree hispanics, to get by on lower levels of achievement than other races.

Let me give you a specific example: Last spring, on one of three "Diversity Training Days" in my wife's school district, a black man, paid for by the state of California, spoke to the teachers and administrators on how blacks must be treated differently than whites. Among numerous points he mentioned was the issue of punctuality. He observed that among the black culture, prompt arrival for appointments is not considered critical. His direct quote was that there "is CP time," which he went on to explain, stands for Colored People time. If a black person is 20 minutes late for an appointment, that is understandable within their culture and white teachers must understand that and not punish a black student for arriving late to school, or not having homework done on time! His point was that teachers must be patient with black students because their culture was so different.

Is that bigoted? Realistic? Fair to the black student? What is your opinion?

Your comments are Bigoted. Read your comments. Your example screams racism. You may not be racist, however, your comments leave a lot more to be desired. You sound as if blacks actually have a better opportunity than Whites. You and I know that is not the case. You support a Radio host that thrives on Racism. He stated that watching today NFL is like watching the Crips and Bloods fight without guns. He also encourages people to show up a Obama rallies with pistols.
You continue to quote things our of context and read into other things thoughts that were not there. I have nothing further for you. Your filter is on much too tight.
  • dj43
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
it'll never happen. Other owners won't allow it.

Limbaugh is only one of several who form a group. Checketts is the key guy. He already runs a respected sports franchise in the St Louis area.

NFL owners will not make a big deal about Limbaugh because too many of them also have skeletons in their closet, and they need better ownership in St Louis. At a time the economy is in the tank and established franchises like the Chicago Cubs are filing for bankrupcty, NFL owners are not going to look very closely at a strong group with money.

I would be willing to bet Jed York would vote for that group. The NFL stadium loan fund has been depleted and will not be rebuilt anytime soon with things like a default ownership in St Louis. It would definitely be in the 49ers interest to have a strong ownership team in their own division. In a shared-revenue game like the NFL, no team wants to go in a play to 2/3 of the house.
  • dj43
Originally posted by lamontb:

Quote:
Mathias Kiwanuka loves his former defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo, but the Giants' defensive end says he will never play for Spagnuolo's Rams if Rush Limbaugh purchases the team. Kiwanuka and the Jets' Bart Scott made it clear Thursday that they would never play for the Rams or any team owned by the controversial conservative radio host. "All I know is from the last comment I heard, he said in (President) Obama's America, white kids are getting beat up on the bus while black kids are chanting 'right on,'" Kiwanuka told The Daily News. "I mean, I don't want anything to do with a team that he has any part of. He can do whatever he wants, it is a free country. But if it goes through, I can tell you where I am not going to play."

What a surprise, black players don't want to play for an unabashed racist? Let's hope he does buy the team, the could be the NFL's version of the Utah Jazz.

In this case, Limbaugh was referrencing guys like Sharpton, Rangel and Jesse Jackson who pull the race card everytime an African American does something illegal and gets caught. The result is that there is one set of laws that apply to whites and another for African Americans.

Let me give you an example from my wife's school that happened just this week: An African American eigth grade boy turned in a book report on a book that was clearly above his reading level, and the book report was obviously a cut-and-paste job right off the internet. It was not submitted on the required book report form, rather is was printed on plain paper, straight from a printer.

My wife questioned him about the meaning of certain words and sentences that he had supposedly written himself. He had no idea of their meaning. He received an F. The next day the mother called and was very irate. She stopped just short of accusing my wife of discrimination and demanded the report be accepted.

Wife went to the Vice Principal who noted that the mother had done similar things in the past, including racial discrimination allegations, therefore it wasn't worth the headache of dealing with her. VP suggested my wife allow him to write a second book report in class, using class time rather than home time, and taking time away from regular instruction time, all because the district feels it is too difficult to defend a racial discrimination case than to hold everyone to the same standard.

The result is that black kids get away with stuff that white kids will not, only because they are off a different skin color. This IS racism, pure and simple, but of the opposite kind. The truly unfortunate thing is that the "black" kids suffer in the end because they are not being taught how to live in society.

As I stated above, I don't like Limbaugh's style but he is speaking correctly about a problem we have in this country that results from reverse discrimination. In this case, he has been quoted out of context. Limbaugh is not a racist, even though the liberal media would love to paint him that way, and their out-of-context quotes have apparently reached some players.

couple of things....

seems like it is the school system in your area that needs to be called out. Doesn't matter what this kid's mom says, if it is blatantly copy and paste work from the internet, I believe it is illegal if the kid didn't cite his sources....if the principal is not going to stand up to the parents, then he/she needs to be removed.....it would benefit everyone.

also, imo, I don't think you should put time into defending Rush's words....or what ever he is "really" trying to say.... defending Rush is like defending Alex....Facts always get in the way.....

I mean this whole "Obama's America" thing is ridiculous.... it has been like this, way before Obama had control of anything....and if Rush expects Obama to fix these issues this early in his term, let alone ever fix these types of issues, then that is just crazy talk.

I know the times are tough, but if possible, I believe your wife should teach at an another school....she is obviously trying to do the right thing for that kid's future, and that school does not deserve her services.

or she can try and get through to that kid....make it personal....let him know that she is the only one who is apparently looking out for his future......then listen to what he has to say....ask him why he did it....and if there was anyway way she can help, so that he doesn't need to feel he has to do it again. I know it seems like a soft way of going about things...but you never know how this kid might respond. Right now this kid might be in defensive mode because he is embarrassed and knows he got away with something, but at the same time knows his teacher is disappointed in him. or he can just be a punk...if that is the case then......well then at least she tried.
SCHOOL UPDATE:
My wife had further conversations with the principal who talked with the mother. The kid is going to be allowed to re-do another book report and my wife will be obligated to grade it - additional work for her...all because the mom was allowed to play the race card.

The general policy in many areas is that if the parents want to play the race card, it isn't worth the agravation and financial cost to defend the action. Hence, if the parents choose to perpetuate racism in the country, they will be allowed to do that...but only if they are black. Other schools are being forced to function in much the same way. This is the state we live in.

It sure sounds as if you and your lady are bigots. I am not saying that you are racist. However, your posts on this topic are off the subject. For example, what does your wife teaching a black child has to do with Rush owning a team? Example 2, You are on a 49er site cheering for the Rams( our rivals) to hire a blatantly racist owner. Thirdly, Obama won b/c he was the best candidate. Where you calling it a "BUSH AMERICA" when gas prices soared to $6 or when he left black people to die in Katrina. "Obama America" is just a term that racist use to express their dissatisfaction with a Black President. Get Over it. We could do worst. We did worst. We had Bush.
You know absolutely nothing about me OR my wife (she IS a lady but is also my WIFE). You comment is entirely inappropriate and I am offended by the inference.

For the record, I am NOT cheering for anyone. I was pointing out that much of what has been REPEATED about Limbaugh has come from liberal groups who have a personal agenda opposed to anything conservative. If you did not gather that from what I wrote then it is your comprehension that is lacking here.

As to the comment about schools; reverse discrimination has become so rampant in MANY California schools that adminstration chooses to allow black, and to a lesser degree hispanics, to get by on lower levels of achievement than other races.

Let me give you a specific example: Last spring, on one of three "Diversity Training Days" in my wife's school district, a black man, paid for by the state of California, spoke to the teachers and administrators on how blacks must be treated differently than whites. Among numerous points he mentioned was the issue of punctuality. He observed that among the black culture, prompt arrival for appointments is not considered critical. His direct quote was that there "is CP time," which he went on to explain, stands for Colored People time. If a black person is 20 minutes late for an appointment, that is understandable within their culture and white teachers must understand that and not punish a black student for arriving late to school, or not having homework done on time! His point was that teachers must be patient with black students because their culture was so different.

WTF type of school district is that? You need to stop talking and do something about that I would have went up to the school and smacked whoever let this guy give a speech like this. If things like this are goign on why aren't people protesting and why are the teachers going for it? Sounds like your school system is promoting racial divide. That is horrible if i heard about that going on in my kids school system I would move. Who the f**k is gonna tell a group of teachers that all black students should be late WTF sounds like some bulls**t to me
Manteca Unified. A number of teachers walked out of the meeting before the guy concluded his remarks.

This is just an example of PC gone crazy in California. The guy was on the payroll of the state Dept of Education in Sacramento. I'll have a name for you tomorrow.

A further example of how California is wasting money and promoting racism, they just spent $100,000+ on a statewide survey asking teachers to claim their "ethnicity," as opposed to their race. The dictionary shows no difference. This is just an example of how our state Ed system continues to make race a dividing line. They don't WANT to do away with racism. Keeping track of things like this only provides jobs for more govenment workers.

You can read the survey here: www.cde.ca.gov/ds/sp/cl/raceethnicity08a1.asp#topic2

This is the kind of nonsense public school teachers have to put up with in this state.

Now back to Rush...

not!
Limbaugh has been dropped from the group.

Anyone who thought he would fly in the NFL is outta their minds.
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Limbaugh has been dropped from the group.

Anyone who thought he would fly in the NFL is outta their minds.

i knew it. Way too controversial.
  • dj43

Quote:

couple of things....

SCHOOL UPDATE:

Your comments are Bigoted. Read your comments. Your example screams racism. You may not be racist, however, your comments leave a lot more to be desired. You sound as if blacks actually have a better opportunity than Whites. You and I know that is not the case. You support a Radio host that thrives on Racism. He stated that watching today NFL is like watching the Crips and Bloods fight without guns. He also encourages people to show up a Obama rallies with pistols.
If you are really interested in learning the truth about the Crips and Bloods comment, here is the link to the entire transcript. http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/estack_12_13_06/the_classless_nfl_culture_.guest.html

You probably won't believe this but I don't listen to Limbaugh more than twice a month, at the most. However, I took the time to dig this up just to show how so much of what is being said is so far out of context as to be slanderous. In this case, Limbaugh was complaining about the classless stuff that Goodell fined players for doing...but go read it for yourself.

Quote:

couple of things....

SCHOOL UPDATE:

WTF type of school district is that? You need to stop talking and do something about that I would have went up to the school and smacked whoever let this guy give a speech like this. If things like this are goign on why aren't people protesting and why are the teachers going for it? Sounds like your school system is promoting racial divide. That is horrible if i heard about that going on in my kids school system I would move. Who the f**k is gonna tell a group of teachers that all black students should be late WTF sounds like some bulls**t to me
Manteca Unified. A number of teachers walked out of the meeting before the guy concluded his remarks.

This is just an example of PC gone crazy in California. The guy was on the payroll of the state Dept of Education in Sacramento. I'll have a name for you tomorrow.

A further example of how California is wasting money and promoting racism, they just spent $100,000+ on a statewide survey asking teachers to claim their "ethnicity," as opposed to their race. The dictionary shows no difference. This is just an example of how our state Ed system continues to make race a dividing line. They don't WANT to do away with racism. Keeping track of things like this only provides jobs for more govenment workers.

You can read the survey here: www.cde.ca.gov/ds/sp/cl/raceethnicity08a1.asp#topic2

This is the kind of nonsense public school teachers have to put up with in this state.

Now back to Rush...

not!

This is not racist. It is a survey. We have it in the Financial industry too. It to discourages hiring discrimination. This protect the rights of all races and gender. I think you are a little misinformed. You need to do more research. Do not take your lady's word about these things. She could be hearing those stories from a friends that are racist, and then passes it off to you as hearsay. It seems that you are fairly smart, but someone is skewing your information.

Quote:

couple of things....

SCHOOL UPDATE:

If you are really interested in learning the truth about the Crips and Bloods comment, here is the link to the entire transcript. http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/estack_12_13_06/the_classless_nfl_culture_.guest.html

You probably won't believe this but I don't listen to Limbaugh more than twice a month, at the most. However, I took the time to dig this up just to show how so much of what is being said is so far out of context as to be slanderous. In this case, Limbaugh was complaining about the classless stuff that Goodell fined players for doing...but go read it for yourself.

No need to read through Rush's garbage. He is no longer been considered. Let's lock this thread now.
^^ Wow.

So the fellow that you are arguing with needs to educate himself but, on the flipside, you refuse to even consider the information that he provided for your consideration?

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
^^ Wow.

So the fellow that you are arguing with needs to educate himself but, on the flipside, you refuse to even consider the information that he provided for your consideration?

WOW
I read the survey. If you would have read my 1st response or check out the survey for yourself, you would have known that I was correct. That survey is contributed to the EOA. Equal Opportunity ACT. It is design to elimanate discrimation. He said that it was design for Reverse Racism. As far as Rush,I can not listen to Rush at work. Really do not choose to listen to someone like that anyway. The print was too dark for me to read.

WOW

[ Edited by 49time on Oct 14, 2009 at 15:42:26 ]
  • dj43

Quote:

couple of things....

SCHOOL UPDATE:

Now back to Rush...

not!

This is not racist. It is a survey. We have it in the Financial industry too. It to discourages hiring discrimination. This protect the rights of all races and gender. I think you are a little misinformed. You need to do more research. Do not take your lady's word about these things. She could be hearing those stories from a friends that are racist, and then passes it off to you as hearsay. It seems that you are fairly smart, but someone is skewing your information.
I have a copy of the survey on my desk. I spoke with the person from the district office and called the CBEDS director in Sacramento. The survey asked one question: Are you Hispanic or Latino? Yes? No? It followed with a qualifier that stated this was about ethniticity, not race.

Below was a separate set of choices asking people to choose their "race."

the dictionary defines "race" as:

- a group of tribes or peoples forming an ethnic stock: the Slavic race.
- any people united by common history, language, cultural traits, etc.: the Dutch race.

ethnicity - a group of people united by background, character, affiliation, etc.

There is no difference between the two groups. One defines the other.

When I called the district personnel office and told her I had a question about the survey, the first words out of her mouth were, "This wasn't my idea. It came from the state office." She agreed it served no useful purpose, only diffused to focus of education.

I'm out.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
^^ Wow.

WOW
I read the survey. If you would have read my 1st response or check out the survey for yourself, you would have known that I was correct. That survey is contributed to the EOA. Equal Opportunity ACT. It is design to elimanate discrimation. He said that it was design for Reverse Racism. As far as Rush,I can not listen to Rush at work. Really do not choose to listen to someone like that anyway. The print was too dark for me to read.

WOW

You missed my point.

I did not address the survey nor did I mention racism at all (FWIW, Rush is a blowhard and this "CP time" concept is insulting to African-Americans). Rather, you simply solidified my opinion: Seems like you refuse to consider any information that falls outside of the scope of your preconceived belief system. Simply put, you are "right" and any contrary information is "wrong" or "racist," so there is no need to determine if, perhaps, Limbaugh was misquoted, right?

Good day and good luck to you.

[ Edited by NineFourNiner on Oct 14, 2009 at 16:49:40 ]
While you guys may have different opinions than dj43, let's not resort to calling him a racist and a bigot. He hasn't said anything that resembles either, and if you aren't going to engage in civil debate, then maybe you should head over to the Parking Lot until you're calmed down, or just walk away. I understand his opinion may be unpopular, but that's no cause for racism accusations.

I'd rather not lock this thread, since it's an interesting topic regarding the NFL, so keep it civil, or don't post in here.

Originally posted by pantstickle:
While you guys may have different opinions than dj43, let's not resort to calling him a racist and a bigot. He hasn't said anything that resembles either, and if you aren't going to engage in civil debate, then maybe you should head over to the Parking Lot until you're calmed down, or just walk away. I understand his opinion may be unpopular, but that's no cause for racism accusations.

I'd rather not lock this thread, since it's an interesting topic regarding the NFL, so keep it civil, or don't post in here.

To quote LA:
Share 49ersWebzone