There are 185 users in the forums

Limbaugh, Rev. Al, and the rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Not sure why he wants to buy a team. Also not sure why the NFL would be for or against him. But my guess is he won't wind up owning a team one way or another.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
it would be an extremely bad PR move by the NFL to allow rush to purchase any team. espescially after espn fired him for making racial comments.

nothing to do w/ conservative vs. liberal IMO.

I was curious if this was the actual intent. I hope that this is the intent of opposing rush.
Originally posted by fister30:
it would be an extremely bad PR move by the NFL to allow rush to purchase any team. espescially after espn fired him for making racial comments.

I was curious if this was the actual intent. I hope that this is the intent of opposing rush.

His comments about McNabb were stupid. McNabb is a really good QB when healthy but has been injured a lot.

However if the standard is anybody who ever said anything stupid in their life then nobody can own an NFL team. All 32 teams can't have an owner if that is the standard. Otherwise there is a lot of hypocritical stuff going on.
  • dj43

Did you hear what Limbaugh said while with ESPN?

Have you read a transcript of what he said?

Go find it, read it in context, do some research about what was happening at the time and then come back and tell us if you truly believe it was racial.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

His comments about McNabb were stupid. McNabb is a really good QB when healthy but has been injured a lot.

However if the standard is anybody who ever said anything stupid in their life then nobody can own an NFL team. All 32 teams can't have an owner if that is the standard. Otherwise there is a lot of hypocritical stuff going on.

I agree it was a stupid comment. McNabb is one of my favorite QBs. There is no way he is overrated.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Black players will boycott Rams if Rush is owner

Quote:
Mathias Kiwanuka loves his former defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo, but the Giants' defensive end says he will never play for Spagnuolo's Rams if Rush Limbaugh purchases the team. Kiwanuka and the Jets' Bart Scott made it clear Thursday that they would never play for the Rams or any team owned by the controversial conservative radio host. "All I know is from the last comment I heard, he said in (President) Obama's America, white kids are getting beat up on the bus while black kids are chanting 'right on,'" Kiwanuka told The Daily News. "I mean, I don't want anything to do with a team that he has any part of. He can do whatever he wants, it is a free country. But if it goes through, I can tell you where I am not going to play."

What a surprise, black players don't want to play for an unabashed racist? Let's hope he does buy the team, the could be the NFL's version of the Utah Jazz.

Taking things out of context always creates mistaken impressions.

In this case, Limbaugh was referrencing guys like Sharpton, Rangel and Jesse Jackson who pull the race card everytime an African American does something illegal and gets caught. The result is that there is one set of laws that apply to whites and another for African Americans.

Let me give you an example from my wife's school that happened just this week: An African American eigth grade boy turned in a book report on a book that was clearly above his reading level, and the book report was obviously a cut-and-paste job right off the internet. It was not submitted on the required book report form, rather is was printed on plain paper, straight from a printer.

My wife questioned him about the meaning of certain words and sentences that he had supposedly written himself. He had no idea of their meaning. He received an F. The next day the mother called and was very irate. She stopped just short of accusing my wife of discrimination and demanded the report be accepted.

Wife went to the Vice Principal who noted that the mother had done similar things in the past, including racial discrimination allegations, therefore it wasn't worth the headache of dealing with her. VP suggested my wife allow him to write a second book report in class, using class time rather than home time, and taking time away from regular instruction time, all because the district feels it is too difficult to defend a racial discrimination case than to hold everyone to the same standard.

The result is that black kids get away with stuff that white kids will not, only because they are off a different skin color. This IS racism, pure and simple, but of the opposite kind. The truly unfortunate thing is that the "black" kids suffer in the end because they are not being taught how to live in society.

As I stated above, I don't like Limbaugh's style but he is speaking correctly about a problem we have in this country that results from reverse discrimination. In this case, he has been quoted out of context. Limbaugh is not a racist, even though the liberal media would love to paint him that way, and their out-of-context quotes have apparently reached some players.

couple of things....

seems like it is the school system in your area that needs to be called out. Doesn't matter what this kid's mom says, if it is blatantly copy and paste work from the internet, I believe it is illegal if the kid didn't cite his sources....if the principal is not going to stand up to the parents, then he/she needs to be removed.....it would benefit everyone.

also, imo, I don't think you should put time into defending Rush's words....or what ever he is "really" trying to say.... defending Rush is like defending Alex....Facts always get in the way.....

I mean this whole "Obama's America" thing is ridiculous.... it has been like this, way before Obama had control of anything....and if Rush expects Obama to fix these issues this early in his term, let alone ever fix these types of issues, then that is just crazy talk.

I know the times are tough, but if possible, I believe your wife should teach at an another school....she is obviously trying to do the right thing for that kid's future, and that school does not deserve her services.

or she can try and get through to that kid....make it personal....let him know that she is the only one who is apparently looking out for his future......then listen to what he has to say....ask him why he did it....and if there was anyway way she can help, so that he doesn't need to feel he has to do it again. I know it seems like a soft way of going about things...but you never know how this kid might respond. Right now this kid might be in defensive mode because he is embarrassed and knows he got away with something, but at the same time knows his teacher is disappointed in him. or he can just be a punk...if that is the case then......well then at least she tried.
SCHOOL UPDATE:
My wife had further conversations with the principal who talked with the mother. The kid is going to be allowed to re-do another book report and my wife will be obligated to grade it - additional work for her...all because the mom was allowed to play the race card.

The general policy in many areas is that if the parents want to play the race card, it isn't worth the agravation and financial cost to defend the action. Hence, if the parents choose to perpetuate racism in the country, they will be allowed to do that...but only if they are black. Other schools are being forced to function in much the same way. This is the state we live in.

[ Edited by dj43 on Oct 12, 2009 at 13:09:36 ]
Michael Wilborn made the best comment about the Rush McNabb situation. Basically he said it was never about McNabb, and if it wasn't him it would be Culpepper, Vick, etc. etc. Basically Rush wanted to create a stir that the media is desperate to promote black QBs because that's what does.

I don't think he should be an NFL owner, because it's bad PR for the NFL, but after that I don't have a problem with Rush. He's the conservative version of Michael Moore.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Michael Wilborn made the best comment about the Rush McNabb situation. Basically he said it was never about McNabb, and if it wasn't him it would be Culpepper, Vick, etc. etc. Basically Rush wanted to create a stir that the media is desperate to promote black QBs because that's what does.

I don't think he should be an NFL owner, because it's bad PR for the NFL, but after that I don't have a problem with Rush. He's the conservative version of Michael Moore.

He basically is Michael Moore's flip opposite. Moore is just as crazy and rediculous but on the other side of the aisle instead.

and Michael Moore shouldn't own a NFL team either. Personally, I couldn't care less if someone is a Republican or a Democrat, but a scumbag is a scumbag either way.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

and Michael Moore shouldn't own a NFL team either. Personally, I couldn't care less if someone is a Republican or a Democrat, but a scumbag is a scumbag either way.

Both are scumbags. That is true. But IMO they would let Michael Moore own a team. There is a definite Left bias in this country. Especially the NFL which is in NY and is surrounded by Left pressure at all times. I think they would give a team to Moore and not to Limbaugh.

But I think neither should have a team. If it was up to me neither would own a team. Their kind of publicity is polarizing to one side or the other. It's not good for the NFL. The NFL is about being neutral and being about sports IMO. That's what makes it best.

• dj43

Both are scumbags. That is true. But IMO they would let Michael Moore own a team. There is a definite Left bias in this country. Especially the NFL which is in NY and is surrounded by Left pressure at all times. I think they would give a team to Moore and not to Limbaugh.

But I think neither should have a team. If it was up to me neither would own a team. Their kind of publicity is polarizing to one side or the other. It's not good for the NFL. The NFL is about being neutral and being about sports IMO. That's what makes it best.
Have you ever listened to Limbaugh?

Anyone who compares Limbaugh to Moore has not listened objectively to both of them.

FWIW, Stephen A Smith was on CNN yesterday. He certainly believes Limbaugh should have a team. He accused the union and media of lying and misrepresenting the facts.
Bigger windbag - Limbaugh or Sharpton?

I don't know if they would necessarily give Moore one, but I'm sure there would be less of an opposition. I do agree for sure that the NFL should stay neutral towards politics, and really all sport enterprises should as well.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Bigger windbag - Limbaugh or Sharpton?

I-I don't know...
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

That's true but, most people don't make a living off of saying stupid things habitually. Regardless of his views, you can't consistently make statements that alienate a group of people and expect it to not bite you in the ass at some point. There's got to be a reason 99% of certain minority groups don't like this person.
Share 49ersWebzone