LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

Limbaugh, Rev. Al, and the rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Can't wait for fatass to blame every Rams loss on the liberal driveby media. At least the Rams won't have to worry about their pain killer supplies.

No, the negative articles will be blamed on the liberal media. The losses will be blamed on Obama!!!
Rush will insist that Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmann, Ann Coulter and Larry Craig be added to the Embraceable Ewes (Rams cheerleaders). Oh, those hotties!!!
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by RayFinkle:
Rush Limbaugh shouldn't be in charge of anything.

But then again, it is the Rams, so I say go for it.

eh, I understand you may not like conservative politics but he is in Tiger Woods class in annual earnings and net worth. He didn't get that way from JUST talking.

I doubt anyone on here is talking specifically about his ownership prowess.. I've heard some of his morning shows (only a few, so I'm by no means an expert), but I can say for myself that this guy is an @$$.. Personal opinion, take it how you want it.. But I do agree with others that this would give me even more reason to hate the Rams.. I just flat out don't like the guy.
  • dj43
Originally posted by djb49:
Originally posted by RayFinkle:
Rush Limbaugh shouldn't be in charge of anything.

But then again, it is the Rams, so I say go for it.

eh, I understand you may not like conservative politics but he is in Tiger Woods class in annual earnings and net worth. He didn't get that way from JUST talking.

I doubt anyone on here is talking specifically about his ownership prowess.. I've heard some of his morning shows (only a few, so I'm by no means an expert), but I can say for myself that this guy is an @$$.. Personal opinion, take it how you want it.. But I do agree with others that this would give me even more reason to hate the Rams.. I just flat out don't like the guy.
I don't like his bombast. I would prefer less of a self-promoter. I do agree with his positions about 90% of the time although I don't listen more than once a week.

He got his first big opportunity in talk radio when he lived in Sacramento (I lived in that area) in the late 1980s. He was more subdued then. I had a chance to see him build things up then and he certainly has come a long way. He continues to have the largest listening audience by far.

To tell the truth, I was sick and tired of the Crabtree dance and just wanted to put something down here to get away from all that.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
This shows what a lucrative career you can make out of catering to a crazed angry right wing audience. Wish I had thought of it.
Originally posted by ncninerfan:
Rush will insist that Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmann, Ann Coulter and Larry Craig be added to the Embraceable Ewes (Rams cheerleaders). Oh, those hotties!!!

i wanna see michelle malkin added, she is smokin hot and i think he would be a good owner no matter how much you guys hate him, he will want to win and he is a great businessman. This is bad for us if we want the rams to suck forever
From Kevin Blackistone's AOL Fanhouse article--

The NFL indirectly dismissed Limbaugh before. It shouldn't accept him back unless he wants to buy a ticket. After all, this is a man who said:

-- Of President Obama: "Adolf Hitler, like Barack Obama, ruled by dictate."

-- Of Michael J. Fox's struggle with Parkinson's disease: "He is exaggerating the effects of the disease. He's moving all around and shaking and it's purely an act... This is really shameless of Michael J Fox."

-- Of a black caller to his radio show: "Take that bone out of your nose and call me back."

-- Of the NAACP: "The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies."

-- Of the Abu Ghraib prison abuse scandal: "This is no different than what happens at the Skull and Bones initiation, and we're going to ruin people's lives over it, and we're going to hamper our military effort, and then we are going to really hammer them because they had a good time."

-- And how could I forget, of the NFL: "Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons."
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

I'll be needing this shirt in 9er red if he buys the rams.
Olbermann defends Limbaugh's right to purchase Rams
Black players will boycott Rams if Rush is owner

Quote:
Mathias Kiwanuka loves his former defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo, but the Giants' defensive end says he will never play for Spagnuolo's Rams if Rush Limbaugh purchases the team. Kiwanuka and the Jets' Bart Scott made it clear Thursday that they would never play for the Rams or any team owned by the controversial conservative radio host. "All I know is from the last comment I heard, he said in (President) Obama's America, white kids are getting beat up on the bus while black kids are chanting 'right on,'" Kiwanuka told The Daily News. "I mean, I don't want anything to do with a team that he has any part of. He can do whatever he wants, it is a free country. But if it goes through, I can tell you where I am not going to play."

• TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DesiDez:

Quote:
Mathias Kiwanuka loves his former defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo, but the Giants' defensive end says he will never play for Spagnuolo's Rams if Rush Limbaugh purchases the team. Kiwanuka and the Jets' Bart Scott made it clear Thursday that they would never play for the Rams or any team owned by the controversial conservative radio host. "All I know is from the last comment I heard, he said in (President) Obama's America, white kids are getting beat up on the bus while black kids are chanting 'right on,'" Kiwanuka told The Daily News. "I mean, I don't want anything to do with a team that he has any part of. He can do whatever he wants, it is a free country. But if it goes through, I can tell you where I am not going to play."

What a surprise, black players don't want to play for an unabashed racist? Let's hope he does buy the team, the could be the NFL's version of the Utah Jazz.
Originally posted by TX9R:
This shows what a lucrative career you can make out of catering to a crazed angry right wing audience. Wish I had thought of it.

As opposed to catering to the crazed angry left wing audience and making a lot of money like Michael "FAT A**" Moore.
  • dj43

Quote:

What a surprise, black players don't want to play for an unabashed racist? Let's hope he does buy the team, the could be the NFL's version of the Utah Jazz.

Taking things out of context always creates mistaken impressions.

In this case, Limbaugh was referrencing guys like Sharpton, Rangel and Jesse Jackson who pull the race card everytime an African American does something illegal and gets caught. The result is that there is one set of laws that apply to whites and another for African Americans.

Let me give you an example from my wife's school that happened just this week: An African American eigth grade boy turned in a book report on a book that was clearly above his reading level, and the book report was obviously a cut-and-paste job right off the internet. It was not submitted on the required book report form, rather is was printed on plain paper, straight from a printer.

My wife questioned him about the meaning of certain words and sentences that he had supposedly written himself. He had no idea of their meaning. He received an F. The next day the mother called and was very irate. She stopped just short of accusing my wife of discrimination and demanded the report be accepted.

Wife went to the Vice Principal who noted that the mother had done similar things in the past, including racial discrimination allegations, therefore it wasn't worth the headache of dealing with her. VP suggested my wife allow him to write a second book report in class, using class time rather than home time, and taking time away from regular instruction time, all because the district feels it is too difficult to defend a racial discrimination case than to hold everyone to the same standard.

The result is that black kids get away with stuff that white kids will not, only because they are off a different skin color. This IS racism, pure and simple, but of the opposite kind. The truly unfortunate thing is that the "black" kids suffer in the end because they are not being taught how to live in society.

As I stated above, I don't like Limbaugh's style but he is speaking correctly about a problem we have in this country that results from reverse discrimination. In this case, he has been quoted out of context. Limbaugh is not a racist, even though the liberal media would love to paint him that way, and their out-of-context quotes have apparently reached some players.

Quote:

In this case, Limbaugh was referrencing guys like Sharpton, Rangel and Jesse Jackson who pull the race card everytime an African American does something illegal and gets caught. The result is that there is one set of laws that apply to whites and another for African Americans.

Let me give you an example from my wife's school that happened just this week: An African American eigth grade boy turned in a book report on a book that was clearly above his reading level, and the book report was obviously a cut-and-paste job right off the internet. It was not submitted on the required book report form, rather is was printed on plain paper, straight from a printer.

My wife questioned him about the meaning of certain words and sentences that he had supposedly written himself. He had no idea of their meaning. He received an F. The next day the mother called and was very irate. She stopped just short of accusing my wife of discrimination and demanded the report be accepted.

Wife went to the Vice Principal who noted that the mother had done similar things in the past, including racial discrimination allegations, therefore it wasn't worth the headache of dealing with her. VP suggested my wife allow him to write a second book report in class, using class time rather than home time, and taking time away from regular instruction time, all because the district feels it is too difficult to defend a racial discrimination case than to hold everyone to the same standard.

The result is that black kids get away with stuff that white kids will not, only because they are off a different skin color. This IS racism, pure and simple, but of the opposite kind. The truly unfortunate thing is that the "black" kids suffer in the end because they are not being taught how to live in society.

As I stated above, I don't like Limbaugh's style but he is speaking correctly about a problem we have in this country that results from reverse discrimination. In this case, he has been quoted out of context. Limbaugh is not a racist, even though the liberal media would love to paint him that way, and their out-of-context quotes have apparently reached some players.

Everybody is a RACIST or a TERRORIST if they criticize the Globama, PUKElosi, the Left Wing Media or Dems in general. Their message is shut up and agree with us. If you don't we will use Mccarthyism to label you and put fear in you. A pretty good bully tactic used to terrorize political opposition.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 9, 2009 at 11:13:45 ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Quote:

Everybody is a RACIST or a TERRORIST if the criticize the Globama, PUKElosi, the Left Wing Media or Dems in general. Their message is shut up and agree with us. If you don't we will use Mccarthyism to label you and put fear in you. A pretty good bully tactic used to terrorize political opposition.

LOL sorta like the way Karl Rove did during Bush Admininstration? Why do you hate America?

[ Edited by DesiDez on Oct 9, 2009 at 11:21:32 ]
Share 49ersWebzone