LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 260 users in the forums

Trades?!?!?!?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Seeing that it's near the end of week 4, There only remains two more weeks before the week 6 deadline for trades....

I haven't heard or read anything about any possible trades brewing....has anyone else? Just trying to pass the time at work and wouldn't mind some interesting NFL trade news...
how often do trades in the NFL happen during the season?

I cant remember a significant trade before the deadline ever
yea this isn't baseball, trades don't happen that much..at least any significant ones that I can remember
Originally posted by valrod33:

What about Deon to the Niners? That was big. It helped us win a SB.
Originally posted by aclarke49:

you fail
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deion_Sanders
After five seasons Sanders signed on to play one season with the San Francisco 49ers, where he had arguably his best season as a professional football player, recording six interceptions and returning them for an NFL best 303 yards and three touchdowns.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
yea this isn't baseball, trades don't happen that much..at least any significant ones that I can remember

roy williams to cowboys last year and travis johnson(1st round pick) got traded to the chargers a couple weeks ago?
Originally posted by thuglife619:

roy williams to cowboys last year and travis johnson(1st round pick) got traded to the chargers a couple weeks ago?

what exactly has Roy Williams done since being traded?

and who is travis johnson.

I think the point Birdman was trying to make is dont expect a trade that can alter the season for a team, in the NFL it just doesnt happen
Originally posted by 49erWill:

he was a free agent

I thought he was traded. My bad.

He must have signed late then, ya?

Clarke
Don't expect anything big to go down, our biggest concern right now is the Oline / WR / QB, and that can't really impact the team this year since a position like that takes a whole offseason of work.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erWill:

he was a free agent

pwnt

Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Don't expect anything big to go down, our biggest concern right now is the Oline / WR / QB, and that can't really impact the team this year since a position like that takes a whole offseason of work.

..and that pretty much goes for any position.

It is very unlikely that any traded player is going to make in an instant impact unless you're talking about a K/LS/P

-9fA
Originally posted by thuglife619:

what exactly has Roy Williams done since being traded?

and who is travis johnson.

I think the point Birdman was trying to make is dont expect a trade that can alter the season for a team, in the NFL it just doesnt happen

roy williams was ok before he got to dallas
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

..and that pretty much goes for any position.

It is very unlikely that any traded player is going to make in an instant impact unless you're talking about a K/LS/P

-9fA

Ok, I get what you guys are saying, but what about the teams that have just had their seasons hit the fan and have some heavy contracts and/or free agents coming up?

For example, the Browns look like what a bullfrog looks like after a firecracker gets shoved up its rear (very vivid but accurate), so wouldn't they be shopping for some draft picks with current players, such as Rogers, Edwards, Wright, etc.?

Also, you know Snyder and Jones are fumin about their abismal starts and are in dire need of a big splash to get their fans back in the stands and on the band wagon.

I'm not saying it's gonna happen, but it would be fun to see a media circus and john clayton, adam schefter, chris mortenson, and jay glazer running around like chickens with their heads cut off, with jamie dukes and neon deion trying to assess the values of the trades so horribly, only to be saved by actual nfl analysts.
i dont see us go after any1 this year
Barylon Edwards could be available after his alleged fight.

He seems to be a jealous drunk.
Share 49ersWebzone