LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Kevin Kolb

Shop 49ers game tickets
Source: Eagles get calls on Kevin Kolb

The Philadelphia Eagles have received numerous calls about the availability of quarterback Kevin Kolb from several teams, according to a senior team official.

"We have had calls," the team official said Wednesday.

One of the teams to contact the Eagles about Kolb was the Cleveland Browns, whose general manager is Tom Heckert. Heckert was the Eagles' GM before taking over in the same capacity with Cleveland before this season.

When asked Wednesday whether Kolb would be on the Eagles' roster after the Oct. 19 trade deadline, Eagles coach Andy Reid said, "Listen, I can't predict anything down that far, nobody in this league can do that."

Kolb has missed the last six quarters because of a concussion, and Vick played well in his absence. Kolb was cleared to practice and was expected to run the first-team offense on Wednesday.

However, on Tuesday night, Vick was named the Eagles' starting quarterback, with Reid saying "when someone is playing at the level Michael Vick is playing, you have to give him an opportunity."

Vick came on in relief of Kolb after Kolb suffered a concussion in a 27-20 season-opening loss to Green Bay. Vick threw for 175 yards and one touchdown and ran for 103 yards, and last Sunday he passed for 284 yards and two touchdowns in the Eagles' victory over the Detroit Lions.

If they trade Kolb they are gonna Sign Vick long term
I would laugh really hard if they traded Kolb.
Philly's not going to trade Kolb and I'd be surprised if he doesn't get another shot with them this season.

I really think Reid was forced into starting Vick. He played well, and you know he's got the entire locker room behind him. It's a long season and Vick's not going to face Detroit every week. His style of play leaves him vulnerable to injury, and eventually he's probally going to struggle.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 22, 2010 at 11:52:27 ]
Originally posted by HessianDud:

Its already a Fail on the Eagles part.

They traded Mcnabb cuz Kolb was supposedly ready to be the starter, well it turns out he wasnt
Originally posted by valrod33:

They traded Mcnabb cuz Kolb was supposedly ready to be the starter, well it turns out he wasnt

yup. its just a weird situation. But Peter King had an article on SI where he talked to Reid about it, and he made a good point about something Reid said about starting Kolb now might be unfair to him--that is, Vick is playing so well that if Kolb came in and played "okay" he would be booed and ripped apart in the media, and that might be the worse thing you could do to a young QB.

Not sure how benching him after he gets injured after a half a game is any better for the kids confidence, but its an interesting point.

What makes you say that he is not ready to be the starter? 1 bad half of football is not enough to say that he's a bust...
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Andy Reid lol!

"Michael Vick is playing out of his mind right now"

i guess so..... but how many NFL quarterback wouldn't against the Detroit Lions' D and the Packer's prevent D?

yup. its just a weird situation. But Peter King had an article on SI where he talked to Reid about it, and he made a good point about something Reid said about starting Kolb now might be unfair to him--that is, Vick is playing so well that if Kolb came in and played "okay" he would be booed and ripped apart in the media, and that might be the worse thing you could do to a young QB.

Not sure how benching him after he gets injured after a half a game is any better for the kids confidence, but its an interesting point.

not to mention he's coming off a concussion, no need to rush him back with Vick playing well
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

What makes you say that he is not ready to be the starter? 1 bad half of football is not enough to say that he's a bust...

When has he played good football?

getting your brain bounced around in that Half doesnt help either

Originally posted by boast:
Andy Reid lol!

"Michael Vick is playing out of his mind right now"

i guess so..... but how many NFL quarterback wouldn't against the Detroit Lions' D and the Packer's prevent D?

I watched both of those games and he is playing amazing. He tore up the Packer's base defense. That wasn't in garbage time either. He had them confused and off-balanced all game.

As previously mentioined, the Eagles' Oline is in shambles, so it's even more impressive to see him perform at such a high level. Even against Detroit, that was no easy feat. It's easy to dismiss the Lions, but their Dline is nothing to laugh at and Vick handled the rush perfectly. He made excellent decisions, kept his eyes downfield and looked to pass first.

Vick is playing as well as anyone in the league. Kolb hasn't proved anything in his career. To me, starting Vick is a no-brainer.

Well last season when McNabb went down he started those 2 games and threw for over 300 yards...he's the first ever QB in NFL history to do that in first 2 starts.

So yeaaaah...
Alex Smith for Kevin Kolb. Straight up.

Well last season when McNabb went down he started those 2 games and threw for over 300 yards...he's the first ever QB in NFL history to do that in first 2 starts.

So yeaaaah...

they went 1-1 in those games and he threw for 4 tds but also threw 3ints
Originally posted by titan:
Kolb is solid, I also like Matt Moore of the panthers.

Share 49ersWebzone