Originally posted by danimal:
Tough one between Brady and Manning but I would have to go with Peyton Manning

Anyway here is my top 5 QBs of this decade

Peyton Manning IND
Tom Brady NE
Drew Brees SD, NO
Kurt Warner STL, NYG, ARI
Rich Gannon OAK

RB's is even tougher. Too bad not one great RB of the decade has any Rings...what does that tell you?

I guess it would be Tomlinson?
LaDainian Tomlinson
Edgerrin James
Tiki Barber
Ahman Green
Marshall Faulk

QB Tom Brady - seems like more people support this pick
RB LaDainian Tomlinson
RB Edgerrin James
WR Randy Moss
WR Terell Owens
WR Marvin Harrison
TE Tony Gonzalez
RG Steve Hutchinson
C Kevin Mawae
LG Larry Allen
MLB Ray Lewis
CB Champ Bailey
FS Ed Reed
SS Brian Dawkins

Not huge on Edge at RB. Not huge on LA at guard either, just because most of his dominance wasn't this decade. At RB I would have to strongly consider Westbrook, who while not perfect, has taken over games and carried one of the strongest teams of the decade on his shoulders for years. The debate for DE/OLB will be an interesting argument. Who is the pass rusher of the decade???
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Tough one between Brady and Manning but I would have to go with Peyton Manning

Anyway here is my top 5 QBs of this decade

Peyton Manning IND
Tom Brady NE
Drew Brees SD, NO
Kurt Warner STL, NYG, ARI
Rich Gannon OAK

RB's is even tougher. Too bad not one great RB of the decade has any Rings...what does that tell you?

I guess it would be Tomlinson?
LaDainian Tomlinson
Edgerrin James
Tiki Barber
Ahman Green
Marshall Faulk

QB Tom Brady - seems like more people support this pick
RB LaDainian Tomlinson
RB Edgerrin James
WR Randy Moss
WR Terell Owens
WR Marvin Harrison
TE Tony Gonzalez
RG Steve Hutchinson
C Kevin Mawae
LG Larry Allen
MLB Ray Lewis
CB Champ Bailey
FS Ed Reed
SS Brian Dawkins

Not huge on Edge at RB. Not huge on LA at guard either, just because most of his dominance wasn't this decade. At RB I would have to strongly consider Westbrook, who while not perfect, has taken over games and carried one of the strongest teams of the decade on his shoulders for years. The debate for DE/OLB will be an interesting argument. Who is the pass rusher of the decade???

Strahan? Jared Allen? Freeny?
i change my mind from an earlier post.

Strahan and Freeney for DE's.

looking back on the decade, when he broke the sack record (with favre's help in the last game) seals the deal for me.
Initially I thought this was the Niner team of the decade. I was at a loss for a few years.
forgot about our master piece boys.

I am having 2nd thoughts about WR.

Would it be ok to allow for 4 WR's on the team? I think so.

Now I am thinking only Marvin and TO are automatics. I keep coming around to Randy Moss, Chad Johnson and Andre Johnson leaving one guy out.

Now I am thinking only Marvin and TO are automatics. I keep coming around to Randy Moss, Chad Johnson and Andre Johnson leaving one guy out.

I don't think Andre Johnson warrants All-Decade consideration, but its hard to argue with the others. Chad Johnson would be on the bubble for me, but he's put up some crazy numbers.

Hines Ward is another name to throw around for WR. He doesn't have the numbers of the others, but he's got two rings a super bowl MVP and is a major part of one of the most successful teams of the decade.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

I don't think Andre Johnson warrants All-Decade consideration, but its hard to argue with the others. Chad Johnson would be on the bubble for me, but he's put up some crazy numbers.

Hines Ward is another name to throw around for WR. He doesn't have the numbers of the others, but he's got two rings a super bowl MVP and is a major part of one of the most successful teams of the decade.

oh yeah Hines should be considered. As far as blocking is concerned he is the best, and we all know how valuable a blocking receiver is

Some players just have bad luck in All Decade talks, because of when they entered the league. Andre Johnson will end up with a decade worth of top production, but it will be half in this decade and half in the next. He could miss both All Decade teams.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

oh yeah Hines should be considered. As far as blocking is concerned he is the best, and we all know how valuable a blocking receiver is

Some players just have bad luck in All Decade talks, because of when they entered the league. Andre Johnson will end up with a decade worth of top production, but it will be half in this decade and half in the next. He could miss both All Decade teams.

yeah, it is all about timing, but as long as the player produces regularly and is important in terms of their team winning its all good. Isaac Bruce, too. He started in 94 (?) and had some of his best years late in the decade dominated early by Rice and Irvin and Sharpe and Carter and Tim Brown and then some good years early in a decade dominated by Owens and Moss etc.
Originally posted by GoNiners:
if it weren't for Vinateri Brady would have no rings

If it weren't for the refs in the now famous "tuck rule" game. Brady would be down one ring.
BTW guys, we can make this an official webzone all decade team. Keep tossing out names until after the Super Bowl then we can hold a series of votes.

I don't see a need to make a final roster until after the big game

we'll put petey king to shame

[ Edited by danimal on Dec 10, 2009 at 14:53:30 ]

Kory Sheets

/ thread
Share 49ersWebzone