There are 244 users in the forums

Silver @ yahoo sports: 32 questions

Shop 49ers game tickets
first of all...Column

What does he mean by this question, confused me a little...
he is asking if we will be happy making it to the palyoffs with a boring team.

and the answer is hell to the f**kin yes.

cuz winning isnt boring
Originally posted by valrod33:

cuz winning isnt boring

that's what i thought, but felt like he stated it in a negative way and I usually love Silver's blog.

wooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
what question?

this one

Quote:
14. San Francisco 49ers: Is Mike Singletary going to bore us all the way to the postseason – and how appreciative will Niners fans be if that happens?

What I think he means is

Will the fans appreciate winning 12-10 knockout defensive football games instead of the flashy offensive football they grew up on.

I say if they make the playoffs YES
yup yup...i just want winners
I guess people don't care about smash mouth football anymore. I guess they would rather see the wildcat? People aren't entertained by low scoring, ball controlling, clock management games anymore. They want high flying AZ Cards, NO Saints passing up and down the field. Just like college, running teams are a dying breed. Everyone one wants option or spread offenses.
its not boring if you like watching the defense try and hold the lead like in the first game I thought it was a good game to watch.
I feel like even though we won, they are still trying to find reasons NOT to praise the 9ers. As in, no matter how many games we win they will still blame it on SuperBowl Hangover
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I guess people don't care about smash mouth football anymore. I guess they would rather see the wildcat? People aren't entertained by low scoring, ball controlling, clock management games anymore. They want high flying AZ Cards, NO Saints passing up and down the field. Just like college, running teams are a dying breed. Everyone one wants option or spread offenses.

I don't think its so much that as there's a notion, and a somewhat accurate one, that low scoring smash mouth only goes so far in today's nfl. I mean you thinks smash mouth you think steelers, but they still had Roethlisberger win the Super Bowl. The Ravens a number of years ago are the last team to win it all this way and that was with a historic defense. The point is you have to be able to throw the football at least a little bit to be successful in today's nfl. I like the fact that Coach Sing understands this and may eventually open it up a little. I'm not saying you can't win this way, but it is increasingly harder to do so in today's nfl. I'm not saying throw 70 times a game, just mix it up a little more.
Off topic:

Wow, he has us 14. We're in the top half.

Originally posted by chimp914:
Off topic:

Wow, he has us 14. We're in the top half.

That's actually ON topic because it relates to the article...
Originally posted by SFgoldrush49:
its not boring if you like watching the defense try and hold the lead like in the first game I thought it was a good game to watch.

Exactly! It is kind of like the feeling us Giants fans get every day with Wilson closing. "Lets see if we can stop this offense and WIN!!!" Sometime you almost have a heart attack and other times its a clear beat down. Then there also is the blue moon absolute meltdown that pisses you off more than anything.

In conclusion: With a "boring" offense makes a great defense something to get highly excited/pissed about so...over it isn't boring at all.
Originally posted by valrod33:

cuz winning isnt boring

Our team ain't boring, it just ain't sexy.
It's been so long since we've had a winning season that I'll take them however we can get them. On the other hand, I've also always enjoyed hard-hitting smashmouth defenses and that's what we appear to have. So while the offense isn't pretty, I am really enjoying that D.
Share 49ersWebzone