There are 144 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Respect Mike Nolan

  • Apone
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,739
When you play against the likes of Jamarcus Russell and Brady Quinn it shouldn't be too hard.
They haven't played a great offense, although they did a great job of containing the Bengals in week 1. Nobody ever said he was a bad DC, he's just one of those guys that doesn't make the transition to HC so well.
Originally posted by Apone:
When you play against the likes of Jamarcus Russell and Brady Quinn it shouldn't be too hard.

Exactly! I bet the Niners will be ranked 1st too if we went against the Bengals, Raiders, and Browns.

Rankings after three games don't mean anything. I would wait until week 8 or so...
It does not hurt to have Brian Dawkins, Champ Bailey, and Elvis Dumervil. Ronald Fields is solid against the run at their NT position. The broncos have stayed in the 3-4 more often than not. I haven't seen the big nickle's ugly face come out in denver yet.
F**k Nolan he almost destroyed this team
Bottom line, he stays with one scheme, one identity. He doesn't have some kind of hybrid/mutation Jekyll & Hyde scheme from week to week like he had here.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Originally posted by Apone:
When you play against the likes of Jamarcus Russell and Brady Quinn it shouldn't be too hard.

Exactly! I bet the Niners will be ranked 1st too if we went against the Bengals, Raiders, and Browns.

Rankings after three games don't mean anything. I would wait until week 8 or so...

I bet we probably wouldn't because the way our offense gives 3 and outs it really gives our defense time to stay on the field.
i am impressed.

From worst defense to holding 3 straight opponents to under single digits.

I dont care who they played, no one could have guessed they would be doing this with their defense we saw last year
He deserves props, but that doesn't mean I have to like him. It makes me laugh when I remember all the work niner fans did to let this guy wear a suit.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
F**k Nolan he almost destroyed this team

he failed to lead us to victory, but look at how we're playing with guys he brought in
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
He deserves props, but that doesn't mean I have to like him. It makes me laugh when I remember all the work niner fans did to let this guy wear a suit.

I still think the suits were a classy move.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 26,983
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
i am impressed.

From worst defense to holding 3 straight opponents to under single digits.

I dont care who they played, no one could have guessed they would be doing this with their defense we saw last year

This.

Originally posted by AkNiners:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
He deserves props, but that doesn't mean I have to like him. It makes me laugh when I remember all the work niner fans did to let this guy wear a suit.

I still think the suits were a classy move.

And that.
Originally posted by AkNiners:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
He deserves props, but that doesn't mean I have to like him. It makes me laugh when I remember all the work niner fans did to let this guy wear a suit.

I still think the suits were a classy move.

Classy, but most did it because they believed he was a great coach. Would Browns fans go through the trouble for Mangini if he wanted to wear one?
Then there was Rollin' with Nolan, and whatever other nicknames people had for him lol.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on Oct 1, 2009 at 8:13 AM ]
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
F**k Nolan he almost destroyed this team

he failed to lead us to victory, but look at how we're playing with guys he brought in

That often happens around the league.

Gruden wins a Superbowl with Dungy's team.
Bill Belichick wins with a team that had many holdovers from the Parcells era.
Wade Phillips is winning games with a team built by Parcells.
George Seifert won a Superbowl with Walsh's team.
Can you blame him? HJe went from Mark Roman to Brian Dawkins along with Parys to Dummerville. Shoot, Mark Roman single-handedly cost us games and let's not even get into the pass rush.