LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Respect Mike Nolan

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by CRH49:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
No one can deny that Nolan is a good defensive coach. He is exactly where he should be but was over his head as a head coach. Can you imagine how badly the Niners would have gotten smoked in Minnesota yesterday if he was still the head coach? Singletary has the ability to fire a team up to play their best which is something that Nolan was never able to do.

If he's such a good defensive coach, then why does the 49ers defense look miles ahead of last year's early season team.

Because he never had the ability as I mentioned in that post to get the team to play with the passion and toughness that Singletary does. Nolan was successful in Baltimore and so far in Denver in the coordinator role but failed as a leader.
Meh wait till the Bronco's face a real team, then I'll give him credit. We'll see how they do against Dallas next week.
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Sep 28, 2009 at 9:43 AM ]
The broncos D has improved big time with Nolan but look at who they have played as well. we will find out how good this team is after this stretch

of

Dallas
New England
@San Diego
@Baltimore
Pittsburgh

I say the Broncos are 3-5 after that stretch

I predict the Broncos have a 7-9 record
Originally posted by valrod33:
The broncos D has improved big time with Nolan but look at who they have played as well. we will find out how good this team is after this stretch

of

Dallas
New England
@San Diego
@Baltimore
Pittsburgh

I say the Broncos are 3-5 after that stretch

I predict the Broncos have a 7-9 record

i was just about to say that is a really tough stretch, can't see them winning more than 2 games if any
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
They beat the Raiders, browns and got lucky against the Bengals. Im not impressed
  • Otter
  • Veteran
No one can deny that Nolan is a good defensive coach. He is exactly where he should be but was over his head as a head coach. Can you imagine how badly the Niners would have gotten smoked in Minnesota yesterday if he was still the head coach? Singletary has the ability to fire a team up to play their best which is something that Nolan was never able to do.

If he's such a good defensive coach, then why does the 49ers defense look miles ahead of last year's early season team.

Because he never had the ability as I mentioned in that post to get the team to play with the passion and toughness that Singletary does. Nolan was successful in Baltimore and so far in Denver in the coordinator role but failed as a leader.

Passion and toughness are fine, but I don't think any amount of passion or toughness would help his big sub defensive strategy or moving J Smith around to every position in the front 7. After he left, Singletary allowed Manusky to simplify the D and play a true 3-4, rather than that ineffective hybrid crap.
Originally posted by susweel:
They beat the Raiders, browns and got lucky against the Bengals. Im not impressed
I think he's done a good job with that defense, certainly surprised me.
Surprised Yes, Respect No
Me thinks that this Rocky Mountain High will turn into a Rocky Mountain Sigh, over the next 5 games. Start the season - finish the season with a hopeful touch - but be crushed into dismal despair during the heart of the season. That's Coach Nolan.

Broncos probably dont have the personnel to run Big-Nickel, thats why they are probably sticking soley with the 3-4

[ Edited by ads_2006 on Sep 28, 2009 at 4:52 PM ]

Elvis Dumervil and the Broncos secondary is making Nolan look good.
I found this interesting but under Mike Nolan the Broncos have the best defense in the NFL right now. By a long shot too. They are about 40 yards per game better than the second best team the Giants. Everybody said that Nolan only had a good defense because of the talent in Baltimore but his guys are kicking ass in Denver.
BTW us (the niners) are ranked 13th. I don't think the 300 yard passing game for favre helped that out much.
Big Nickle FTW!!!!!!
The Broncos have an okay defense. Not Great!!! The only reason why they're #1 now is because of whom they've played... I mean the Rams would be #1 had they played the likes of Raiders/Browns... I'll give them credit for the Bengals game.
Share 49ersWebzone