LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 370 users in the forums

Respect Mike Nolan

Shop 49ers game tickets
because mike nolan made the bengals drop all those passes.... and fumble that FG attempt.

but Nolan is a good coordinator.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
top 10 defense 8 of 13 years as a DC
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I will do no such thing.
He took over one of the very worst teams of the decade....AND they were in Cap Trouble.

So with NO Talent and charged with having to replace almost every single starter

Mike Nolan manned the ship that was being rebuilt. In that respect he did a pretty good job.

The day we drafted Alex Smith was the day it didn't really matter who was at head coach. I know people don't like to hear this but there are some owners out there that would be willing to give SF coaches a little benefit of the doubt because of how bad the talent levels were.

I would not be half surprised if he does not get another go at it someday....especially if he keeps having success as D Cord
6 points...pretty good.
i respect him as a coordinator...that is all
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NorCaL9er:

Me too. He's an awful head coach but a stud coordinator.

Broncos hold another team under 10 points today.
Elvis Dumervil seems to be making a good transition to OLB. Had 4 sacks vs. the Browns today.
Originally posted by crzy:

the browns and bengals?? come on... they're happy to score OVER 10 points against ANYONE
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

the browns and bengals?? come on... they're happy to score OVER 10 points against ANYONE

The bengals scored over 30 today..

Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Elvis Dumervil seems to be making a good transition to OLB. Had 4 sacks vs. the Browns today.

He's just a natural pass rusher. Regardless of the scheme, he knows how to find the QB. In the 3-4, he's going to be a star.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

And Pass-rushers are supposed to be 6'3" and up.

Saw Dumervil in college, I wanted o draft him then, I'd still take him now. I remember in college they had him listed at or around 6'2". LOL
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Saw Dumervil in college, I wanted o draft him then, I'd still take him now. I remember in college they had him listed at or around 6'2". LOL

Yeah, I liked him coming out too. Of course, the whole "undersized" crowd laughed at the idea.

We missed out on that one.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

He is a free agent after this year.

Doubt the Broncos let him go.
  • carl
  • Veteran
He is a terrific defensive coordinator. He was just never meant to be a head coach.

Look, I'll totally let you finish okay.

But Bill Walsh was the best HC in the world for ever.

Share 49ersWebzone