There are 90 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Scouring the waiver wire on cut down day....

Originally posted by steiber:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by steiber:
There are two OT's from New England who I wouldn't mind picking up and they are Wesley Britt and Ryan O'Callaghan. Both of these guys have started several games and played well. Both are better than sims and Snyder.

I believe they have started about 10 games between them both

And what does that mean? Its about how they looked during those starts which matters. During those starts they looked better than what the 49ers have now. That to me is an upgrade.

FWIW I was merely pointing out that you claimed they started "several" games when in fact that is not the case. They have a little bit of starting experience but neither has started since 2007 and were beat out by a rookie. They may provide competition for Sims but I doubt either is better than Snyder.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by steiber:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by steiber:
There are two OT's from New England who I wouldn't mind picking up and they are Wesley Britt and Ryan O'Callaghan. Both of these guys have started several games and played well. Both are better than sims and Snyder.

I believe they have started about 10 games between them both

And what does that mean? Its about how they looked during those starts which matters. During those starts they looked better than what the 49ers have now. That to me is an upgrade.

FWIW I was merely pointing out that you claimed they started "several" games when in fact that is not the case. They have a little bit of starting experience but neither has started since 2007 and were beat out by a rookie. They may provide competition for Sims but I doubt either is better than Snyder.

Several is more than 10? lol
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by MaliCali:
yes im going to say it... ..im an alex smith fan.... ...cut alex smith, jeff garcia at #2... ...i want him back!


did you see him on the raiders dude? he looked washed up imo.

is that really your argument?
How about Jamon Meredith OT, he got waived and signed to Green Bay's practice squad. Sounds like he needs some time though.

"OL Jamon Meredith. The 5th round pick had a rocky college career in South Carolina, but the talent has always been there. He played almost exclusively at left tackle this preseason, and it seemed like he's a great run blocker. I'm really surprised they kept Dietrich-Smith over him."
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
How about Jamon Meredith OT, he got waived and signed to Green Bay's practice squad. Sounds like he needs some time though.

"OL Jamon Meredith. The 5th round pick had a rocky college career in South Carolina, but the talent has always been there. He played almost exclusively at left tackle this preseason, and it seemed like he's a great run blocker. I'm really surprised they kept Dietrich-Smith over him."

Sounds good, but I think we are looking for a vet OT. We already have Alex Boone we are grooming.
Originally posted by MaliCali:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by MaliCali:
yes im going to say it... ..im an alex smith fan.... ...cut alex smith, jeff garcia at #2... ...i want him back!
did you see him on the raiders dude? he looked washed up imo.
is that really your argument?


that and the fact that it would start a whole new qb controversy. im sick of hearing hill isnt getting a chance, smith isnt, etc. i like both of them but i want hill to put up or shut up and if he cant do it then smith gets his last chance. if niether do it then we draft a franchise qb with our 2 picks like snead or mccoy. if jeff is available durring the season and we start off 2-4 and niether qb does it then sure bring him in. but right now he wouldnt even know our playbook.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
How about Jamon Meredith OT, he got waived and signed to Green Bay's practice squad. Sounds like he needs some time though.

"OL Jamon Meredith. The 5th round pick had a rocky college career in South Carolina, but the talent has always been there. He played almost exclusively at left tackle this preseason, and it seemed like he's a great run blocker. I'm really surprised they kept Dietrich-Smith over him."

Wow. Wasn't he pretty highly rated in the draft? Surprising to see him getting released so soon.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
How about Jamon Meredith OT, he got waived and signed to Green Bay's practice squad. Sounds like he needs some time though.

"OL Jamon Meredith. The 5th round pick had a rocky college career in South Carolina, but the talent has always been there. He played almost exclusively at left tackle this preseason, and it seemed like he's a great run blocker. I'm really surprised they kept Dietrich-Smith over him."

Wow. Wasn't he pretty highly rated in the draft? Surprising to see him getting released so soon.

Waived AND signed to the PS. If we want to pluck him we would need to put him on the 53. He can play inside at OG as well. IMO we would need to let Wallace walk and let Wragge be the top backup across the interior of the line while we develop JM.
Now that Pashos is locked up, we need to concentrate on bringing in someone that can help as a pass rusher.

Notables:
Marcus Howard
Ilama-Francis
Bruce Davis
  • BigRon
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,778
Has anyone been picked up from those we cut. I haven't heard of any.
Originally posted by BigRon:
Has anyone been picked up from those we cut. I haven't heard of any.

No. We signed some to our practice squad, but no one was signed away.
Originally posted by strickac:
Now that Pashos is locked up, we need to concentrate on bringing in someone that can help as a pass rusher.

Notables:
Marcus Howard
Ilama-Francis
Bruce Davis

Davis a Ilama-Francis have showed nothing so far in th Nfl.

Howard on the other hand is pretty intriguing and has showed a ability to get to the qb. Here are some articles about his release.

http://ind.scout.com/2/895898.html

http://www.indystar.com/article/20090905/SPORTS03/90905006/1004/SPORTS/Colts+release+defensive+end+Howard
Originally posted by natrone06:
Originally posted by strickac:
Now that Pashos is locked up, we need to concentrate on bringing in someone that can help as a pass rusher.

Notables:
Marcus Howard
Ilama-Francis
Bruce Davis

Davis a Ilama-Francis have showed nothing so far in th Nfl.

Howard on the other hand is pretty intriguing and has showed a ability to get to the qb. Here are some articles about his release.

http://ind.scout.com/2/895898.html

http://www.indystar.com/article/20090905/SPORTS03/90905006/1004/SPORTS/Colts+release+defensive+end+Howard

Howard looked great coming out of college. He was just very raw and undersized. His quickness and natural pass rushing ability are exactly what we need.
I wanted the niners to draft both Marcus Howard and Bruce Davis a couple years back.

I would love to give them a shot
Marcus Howard AND Bruce Davis got cut...

man i remember wanted both of those guys
...