LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Our replacment for Marvel?

Shop 49ers game tickets
NFL.com's Jason La Canfora suggests that Jaguars OT Tony Pashos could be among the team's final cuts on Saturday.
Interestingly, La Canfora says Pashos "has been moved inside (to guard)," essentially meaning either rookie Eben Britton or free agent pickup Tra Thomas will be Jacksonville's starting right tackle. Pashos won't start at guard, and his $4.34 million salary is way too hefty for a swing-type reserve.
Source: NFL.com

He's looked aight in pre-season, and the fact he's been working at guard is encouraging, since we could use him as a mauler at RT to back-up Snyder.
We have the money and he'd be an upgrade over Sims. You can never have enough depth along the Oline.
I'm all for any upgrade over Sims, but is Pashos really an upgrade? Why was he moved inside to OG?
Originally posted by Overkill:
I'm all for any upgrade over Sims, but is Pashos really an upgrade? Why was he moved inside to OG?

Because they have so much depth now at tackle.
Originally posted by waiting4number6:
Originally posted by Overkill:

Because they have so much depth now at tackle.

I'm sure that was part of it, but I'm guessing Pashos was the one OT asked to make the transition for a reason.
Niners had a shot at Pashos when he became a free agent in Baltimore and passed. Don't know if it was money or ability that caused their hesitation. Either way, if Pashos is released in Jax, the Niners should have him in for a work-out.

Another season of Barry Smis as the swing tackle.........? Shudders.
I would take him in a heartbeat if he took reasonable pay cut. Pashos is strictly a RT, but Snyder could move over to LT if anything happened to Staley. At first glance, he would be a decent fit.
  • BlazBlue
  • Info N/A
DC
Share 49ersWebzone