LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

Philly D will not be better than 9ers

Shop 49ers game tickets
You can take that to the bank
  • NickV
  • Veteran

You need to pass over what ever you are smoking. Please.
With Johnsons passing, the blitz will not be the same . New D coordinators will install their own style , not copy cat .

Iv seen their Preseason games a their D does not look the same
First of all, it's the preseason, so it's very hard to judge the defense because they're not doing much game planning. Second, that new defensive coordinator you're talking about, Sean McDermott, has been in Philly as a coach for 10 years, so I'm pretty sure he's learned a thing or two from Jim Johnson. Next time, get a clue before you post something stupid.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
First of all, it's the preseason, so it's very hard to judge the defense because they're not doing much game planning. Second, that new defensive coordinator you're talking about, Sean McDermott, has been in Philly as a coach for 10 years, so I'm pretty sure he's learned a thing or two from Jim Johnson. Next time, get a clue before you post something stupid.

The scheme won't be change seeing as he was made DC at the tail end of July so not enough time to change it had he desired. The playcalling will likely be quite similar to JJ's was...possible that McDermott could end up being Spagnuolo 2.0.

Funny how the OP doesn't even realize Sean McDermott drew interest for the DC jobs in GB and Denver this offseason so he is known by others around the league as one to watch.

I was honestly hoping if we went to a 4-3 D this year under Sing we would have considered McDermott or Dave McGinnis.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

The scheme won't be change seeing as he was made DC at the tail end of July so not enough time to change it had he desired. The playcalling will likely be quite similar to JJ's was...possible that McDermott could end up being Spagnuolo 2.0.

Funny how the OP doesn't even realize Sean McDermott drew interest for the DC jobs in GB and Denver this offseason so he is known by others around the league as one to watch.

I had posted a new thread on the new D cordinator in philly weeks ago before Johnson had passed .

It's not about how long mcDermott has been with the eagles , he hasn't Been a coordinator for crying out loud !!!

Hoss was with us for a few years as QB coach , no one talked sh!t about him , but once he became OC he got raped here in the zone ... How they transition go ?
I was honestly hoping if we went to a 4-3 D this year under Sing we would have considered McDermott or Dave McGinnis.
  • NinersCluebat
  • Info N/A
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
Originally posted by KRS-1:

I had posted a new thread on the new D cordinator in philly weeks ago before Johnson had passed .

It's not about how long mcDermott has been with the eagles , he hasn't Been a coordinator for crying out loud !!!

Hoss was with us for a few years as QB coach , no one talked sh!t about him , but once he became OC he got raped here in the zone ... How they transition go ?

Position coaches become co-ordinators all the time, some have success some don't. Steve Spagnuolo was a position coach in Philly under Jim Johnson as was Ron Rivera and both went on to be great DC's. Andy Reid went from position coach to HC and that worked out pretty well too.

Just because one has no prior experience does not mean he will struggle or fail in his attempt. His has been mentored by a great and is in a position to have a lot of success. He also is in a position to field a better defense than ours because they are far more talented on that side of the ball than we are.
maybe but Philly's O, will be one of the best in the entire league

Until the 9ers find a pass rush, I'm not going to say they are better than anyone much less one of the genuine NFC contenders for the Super Bowl this year.
great thread, very insightful....I have to say, I'm sold
Share 49ersWebzone