LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 408 users in the forums

Why dont we have a franchise quarterback!!!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by pwilly52:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Because we passed on Aaron Rodgers for Alex Smith, that's why.

Yeah ok, who's to say that he wouldn't have ended up like Alex if we had thrown him into the fire with an awful football team like we did with Alex. That's the problem when you use hindsight to make assumptions. No one knows what would've happened to Aaron if we had drafted him instead of Alex.

Aaron Rodgers has been and always will be a more talented NFL quarterback than Alex Smith.

In every situation, on every team, with any set of wide receivers, running backs, and offensive line.....and with any coach.....Aaron Rodgers ALWAYS ALWAYS would have out-performed Alex Smith.

I agree.

Rodgers > Smith

Everyone uses the offensive coordinator excuse and other excuses but Hill has had the same coordinators and same talent on the team while turning it into success.
Smith = Bust

.....i hope that was a joke

7-3 isn't that bad. And it can certainly be considered success compared to Smith.

7-5 before his injury, so that 7-3 argument is a joke anyway.

Yes, Rodgers was always going to be better early on, no one ever denied that. Smith got drafted for potential.

Which is fine except that if you are gonna draft a QB number one you don't draft a project one. Unless you trade up to number one and you have a team around him to hide his weaknesses.

Rodgers never was worthy of the number one pick either. Braylon always was the choice that season.
no hill cant be the guy because he is a pie thrower
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
no hill cant be the guy because he is a pie thrower

good one!
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by geturembedder:
Rodgers never was worthy of the number one pick either. B

By the end of the season, you will take back that statement.

Rodgers is a perennial pro-Bowler in the making.

I remember thinking to myself I'm going to punch someone if we draft Rodgers. Then again I also wanted Branch, and loved the Davis and Crabtree selections.

At least I'm consisant at being an idiot. Tim Tebow 2010
well it's good that we have 2 1st Rnd picks next year doesn't it?!

• NinersCluebat
  • Info N/A
Because we have one of the weakest front offices in the league.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Chief:

every single no name bust of an nfl qb that has ever

ever

ever

taken a snap on the same team

as a smith

has done better

how could any one

think a stud like

rodgers would not do better

its laughable

to think alex who cant beat out tim rattay or hill could beat out rodgers

rodgers pushed brett farve out the door.
Yeah ok, who's to say that he wouldn't have ended up like Alex if we had thrown him into the fire with an awful football team like we did with Alex. That's the problem when you use hindsight to make assumptions. No one knows what would've happened to Aaron if we had drafted him instead of Alex.

Aaron Rodgers has been and always will be a more talented NFL quarterback than Alex Smith.

In every situation, on every team, with any set of wide receivers, running backs, and offensive line.....and with any coach.....Aaron Rodgers ALWAYS ALWAYS would have out-performed Alex Smith.

I agree.

Rodgers > Smith

Everyone uses the offensive coordinator excuse and other excuses but Hill has had the same coordinators and same talent on the team while turning it into success.

Smith = Bust

Had we drafted Rogers there is no reason to believe he would have fared any better

The fact that you say "ALWAYS ALWAYS would have", shows what you know. Would have, could have, should have, mean nothing in football. Even with all of his stats, Rogers was till the QB of a 6 and 9 team...

I ated him.

Since he refused to run through Nolan's assisine drills he couldn't be a good quarterback.
we do, we have nate davis.

At least until he plays absolutely terrible....then we'll anoint someone else. j/k.
we have him

Share 49ersWebzone