There are 153 users in the forums

Why would any Vikings fan buy a Favre jersey

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by crzy:
Don't get me wrong, I hate the Cowboys, but there is not currently a rivalry between the Cowboys and the Niners.

Maybe it will be renewed in the future, but right now the rivalry is dead.

if you hate them how can they not be a rival??? personally hatred is at the foundation of what makes a rivalry. what is at stakes may have diminished, but no way is the rivalry dead.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Anyone here have an Isaac Bruce jersey?

I do

my dad got it for me for christmas last year... I said thank you and put on the smile lol

but i've never worn it.

I was really hoping for a Montana, Young, Lott, Gore, Hearst, Rice, or BY jersey... But somehow i got a bruce jersey
[ Edited by modninerfan on Aug 21, 2009 at 2:05 PM ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Don't get me wrong, I hate the Cowboys, but there is not currently a rivalry between the Cowboys and the Niners.

if you hate them how can they not be a rival??? personally hatred is at the foundation of what makes a rivalry. what is at stakes may have diminished, but no way is the rivalry dead.

No.

I also hate the Patriots and a ton of other teams.

Hate doesn't equal rivalry.

But I don't think they hate us like we hate them.
Originally posted by pantstickle:

We'll, we're the ones that are 2-5 against them in the playoffs, and 6 of those games are NFC Championships.

No team has ended our season more.

No.

I also hate the Patriots and a ton of other teams.

Hate doesn't equal rivalry.

never said hate = rivalry. just that it's a part of it. that combined with the history makes it a rival.

if you don't consider them a rival that's your opinion. but the overwhelming majority of niner fans do. i'm not saying that makes you any less of a fan. but debating opinion is useless. so i'll just respectfully disagree.

they do. so says the large handfull of friends i have that are cowboy fans.

anyways. on some level, i do agree is crzy that the rivalry isn't as intense as it used to be. but in no way is the rivalry dead.
who has a jto jersey
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Originally posted by Dino:
i HATE the cowboys, but if we some how signed Ware next year (yes, very unlikey) i'd sport his jersey. no doubt.

The Cowboys are not our rivals right now.

The cowboys are ALWAYS our rival. That rivalry goes back to before the Niners won their first superbowl. It is not a fad that comes and goes. It's a part of NFL tradition.

You're living in the past.

Bull, Cowgirls/Niners will always be a rivalry. Just because the stakes aren't what they once were when both teams were on top of their games doesn't translate to no longer rivals.

When was the last time we played them in a meaningful game?

Bad example. The Warriors are a laker rival even though we haven't played a meaningful game with them in 20-something years. The Cowboys are a permanent rival. period. Lots of playoff blood has been spilled (yes, figuratively, speaking.)

LOL. There is no Warrior/Laker rivalry. Laker fans couldn't care less about the Dubs.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
crzy...you wouldn't buy a Boldin jersey if we gets traded to us? I know he won't, but if he did...plenty of Niner fans will buy a Boldin Jersey.

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
i HATE the cowboys, but if we some how signed Ware next year (yes, very unlikey) i'd sport his jersey. no doubt.

The Cowboys are not our rivals right now.

The cowboys are ALWAYS our rival. That rivalry goes back to before the Niners won their first superbowl. It is not a fad that comes and goes. It's a part of NFL tradition.

You're living in the past.

Bull, Cowgirls/Niners will always be a rivalry. Just because the stakes aren't what they once were when both teams were on top of their games doesn't translate to no longer rivals.

When was the last time we played them in a meaningful game?

Bad example. The Warriors are a laker rival even though we haven't played a meaningful game with them in 20-something years. The Cowboys are a permanent rival. period. Lots of playoff blood has been spilled (yes, figuratively, speaking.)

LOL. There is no Warrior/Laker rivalry. Laker fans couldn't care less about the Dubs.

Yes, yes, Petey, sometimes the outcomes are massively one-sided (also see: '80s 9ers/Lambs), but that doesn't take away from it (from our perspective). Besides, one of my former LA roommates is a laker fan, and I've heard plenty of what you are spewing, 1st hand (during the 3peat-run, no less .
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
crzy...you wouldn't buy a Boldin jersey if we gets traded to us? I know he won't, but if he did...plenty of Niner fans will buy a Boldin Jersey.

lol. I doubt it, personally.

How many of these do you think the Giants clubhouse sold?

Originally posted by 49er4life:
Originally posted by fzrdave:
why? to p*ss off the Packer fans.

Why would that make them pissed?

The Packers have a QB who is 10X better than the washed up Favre.

+1

Maybe it is just me, but it pissed me off seeing Raiders fans sporting Rice jerseys. I imagine it would have been even worse if he had been in our same devision...

Originally posted by jdt84_2:

that is a different scenerio. ware is not a hated rival. i do not even cosider the cowboys a rivalry right now. a rivalry does not exist when 2 teams won't play each other but once every 2 years.

even the boys were a hated rival i'd still rock a 9ers ware jersey.. he's not one of the cowboys all time greats (yet) and only played well for them for a few years..
That's like a 49er fan wearing a Troy Aikman jersey

I root for Issac Bruce to do well, but he will always be a damn Ram and I'd never rock his jersey.

It's crazy to see old farve shirts with the packers this season in the sets.
Share 49ersWebzone