There are 211 users in the forums

Why would any Vikings fan buy a Favre jersey

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by Dino:
i HATE the cowboys, but if we some how signed Ware next year (yes, very unlikey) i'd sport his jersey. no doubt.

The Cowboys are not our rivals right now.

The cowboys are ALWAYS our rival. That rivalry goes back to before the Niners won their first superbowl. It is not a fad that comes and goes. It's a part of NFL tradition.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
i HATE the cowboys, but if we some how signed Ware next year (yes, very unlikey) i'd sport his jersey. no doubt.

The cowboys are ALWAYS our rival. That rivalry goes back to before the Niners won their first superbowl. It is not a fad that comes and goes. It's a part of NFL tradition.

You're living in the past.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
why? to p*ss off the Packer fans.

Why would that make them pissed?

The Packers have a QB who is 10X better than the washed up Favre.

+1

Bull, Cowgirls/Niners will always be a rivalry. Just because the stakes aren't what they once were when both teams were on top of their games doesn't translate to no longer rivals.
Originally posted by DaManRathman:

Bull, Cowgirls/Niners will always be a rivalry. Just because the stakes aren't what they once were when both teams were on top of their games doesn't translate to no longer rivals.

When was the last time we played them in a meaningful game?
Originally posted by pantstickle:

Bad example. The Warriors are a laker rival even though we haven't played a meaningful game with them in 20-something years. The Cowboys are a permanent rival. period. Lots of playoff blood has been spilled (yes, figuratively, speaking.)
[ Edited by IWASATTHECATCH on Aug 21, 2009 at 1:03 PM ]

when was the last time the Browns and steelers played a meaningful game
or the Lions and packers. Those are still Rivalry games
To piss off Packers fans!
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

Bad example. The Warriors are a laker rival even though we haven't played a meaningful game with them in 20-something years. The Cowboys are a permanent rival. period. Lots of playoff blood has been spilled (yes, figuratively, speaking.)

The Warriors play in the Lakers division.

The Niners have played the Cowboys once in the past three years.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:

when was the last time the Browns and steelers played a meaningful game
or the Lions and packers. Those are still Rivalry games

All those teams play in the same division.

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Don't get me wrong, I hate the Cowboys, but there is not currently a rivalry between the Cowboys and the Niners.

Maybe it will be renewed in the future, but right now the rivalry is dead.
[ Edited by crzy on Aug 21, 2009 at 1:16 PM ]
Don't get me wrong, I hate the Cowboys, but there is not currently a rivalry between the Cowboys and the Niners.

I agree completely the rivalry has been dead since the 90s in my opinion.

Competition creates rivalries. The 9ers, unfortunately, have been irrelevant of late, so the rivalry between them and the cowgirls has died. If they were meeting again annually in the playoffs, then the rivalry would be back alive and well again.

didn't you get pissed when you saw Raider fans wearing silver/black Rice jerseys? i know i did.

Packer fans keep hearing how Favre wants to stick it to them. and them just seeing Favre #4 in purple just pours more salt on the wound even if he is washed up.

plus:

Washed-Up Favre > Tavaris Jackson
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Aug 21, 2009 at 1:43 PM ]
Originally posted by fzrdave:

+1

Maybe it is just me, but it pissed me off seeing Raiders fans sporting Rice jerseys. I imagine it would have been even worse if he had been in our same devision...
Share 49ersWebzone