LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

Plaxico Burress agrees to 2-year prison term

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by danimal:
vick did not go to prison for killing dogs nor did plax go to prison for shooting himself. Once you can get past that the sentences make more sense.

actually Vick did go to jail for killing dogs. If he didn't kill the dogs he might have gotten off with just organizing the dog fights, but thats wasn't the only thing he did. So he was charged with animal cruelty for KILLING DOGS!!

actually the only reason Vick went to jail is because Uncle Sam found out that he was making money behind Uncle Sam's back, and Uncle Sam doesn't like that, so he makes you go sit in a jail cell to teach you from doing it again.

That's the REAL reason why he went to jail
Originally posted by King49er:
vick did not go to prison for killing dogs nor did plax go to prison for shooting himself. Once you can get past that the sentences make more sense.

actually Vick did go to jail for killing dogs. If he didn't kill the dogs he might have gotten off with just organizing the dog fights, but thats wasn't the only thing he did. So he was charged with animal cruelty for KILLING DOGS!!

actually the only reason Vick went to jail is because Uncle Sam found out that he was making money behind Uncle Sam's back, and Uncle Sam doesn't like that, so he makes you go sit in a jail cell to teach you from doing it again.

Exactly. The real reason he went to prison is because he was running a gambling ring without bribing the proper people.

And Plaxico is going to prison because Thugs who like to go to night clubs packing heat contribute to a larger system of street violence in the city of NY....NOT because he accidently shot himself, that only provided overwhelming evidence he indeed was carrying.

How do people not get this?
Originally posted by King49er:

yup thats it you nailed it right on the head. You should be proud of yourself you have everything figured out
He carried a loaded gun in a club. The law is meant to stop people from doing that. Why???? Because guns accidentally go off and the bullets hurt people. In this case that is what happened. THe bullet actually got lodged in the floor near a security guard. I go to clubs and I don't want to get shot in the leg cause some idiot thought he was gangster.

He deserves what he gets. He is a privileged athlete who should have partied at home if he was that scared of his life.
wait so animal cruelty and killing dogs gets the same jail sentence as shooting yourself in the leg wtf?
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
wait so animal cruelty and killing dogs gets the same jail sentence as shooting yourself in the leg wtf?

how many years is it if the dog shoots you in the leg?
Originally posted by tjd808185:
People need to understand that every case is different. Stallworth got off light because his case was a difficult case to prove. Keep in mind in order to be convicted of DUI manslaughter the prosecution has to prove alchohol was the reasoning behind the crash. Stallworth wasn't recklessly driving and reports state that the guy jaywalked and jumped in front of the car. Then factor that the victim's family wanted a settlement over a hefty prosecution and you see why Stallworth got off easy.

Burress had no case, and had the mayor and DA hell bent on prosecuting him. You have to factor in the actual case when you judge how long the sentence is. I do think Burress got a stiff punishment for his crime, but it's not the worse he could have gotten.

A MAN IS DEAD DUE TO THE FACT THAT ANOTHER MAN THAT WAS OVER THE
LEGAL LIMIT RAN OVER HIM...........THOSE ARE THE FACTS, THAT DOESNT GET YOU 24 DAYS THAT SHOULD GET YOU 24 YEARS IN JAIL
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
He carried a loaded gun in a club. The law is meant to stop people from doing that. Why???? Because guns accidentally go off and the bullets hurt people. In this case that is what happened. THe bullet actually got lodged in the floor near a security guard. I go to clubs and I don't want to get shot in the leg cause some idiot thought he was gangster. He deserves what he gets. He is a privileged athlete who should have partied at home if he was that scared of his life.

heres a thought, if youre worried a gangster athlete is going to shoot you for no reason maybe you shouldnt go either. he wasnt doing it to be gangster, he had a gun because unlike you he actually is a target.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
He carried a loaded gun in a club. The law is meant to stop people from doing that. Why???? Because guns accidentally go off and the bullets hurt people. In this case that is what happened. THe bullet actually got lodged in the floor near a security guard. I go to clubs and I don't want to get shot in the leg cause some idiot thought he was gangster. He deserves what he gets. He is a privileged athlete who should have partied at home if he was that scared of his life.

heres a thought, if youre worried a gangster athlete is going to shoot you for no reason maybe you shouldnt go either. he wasnt doing it to be gangster, he had a gun because unlike you he actually is a target.

You make my point so clear. The reason why I got to clubs is because I am not a target. If I was a target I would sit my ass at home at not try and be GANGSTER, and walk around with a gun in my waist.
Should we let anyone carry a gun anywhere they please? Accidents happen and people die. That was how the wild west was. It is 2009.

What is your point anyway? To tell me to stay away from clubs if I'm scared? You would speak a different tune if that gun accidentally shot a waitress is the spine and paralyzed her.

You make my point so clear. The reason why I got to clubs is because I am not a target. If I was a target I would sit my ass at home at not try and be GANGSTER, and walk around with a gun in my waist.
Should we let anyone carry a gun anywhere they please? Accidents happen and people die. That was how the wild west was. It is 2009.

What is your point anyway? To tell me to stay away from clubs if I'm scared? You would speak a different tune if that gun accidentally shot a waitress is the spine and paralyzed her.

Plaxico got what he deserves, good props to law enforcement in new york for not crumbling to an athlete. that state has a mandatory sentence for that offense and they did not give that thug any special treatment.......proving that athletes get the same treatment, too bad flordia didnt do the same with Stallworth

"When keeping it real goes wrong."

Originally posted by FederalAgent49:
WHAT IS WRONG WITH OUR JUDICIAL SYSTEM, A MAN IS ABOVE THE LEGAL LIMIT AND HAVE MARIJUANA IN HIS SYSTEM AND DRIVES A CAR INTO & KILLS ANOTHER HUMAN THAT =24 DAYS IN JAIL, THEN A MAN SHOOTS HIMSELF AND GETS 2 YEARS........ im not even gona touch on the vick perspective. this is just unbelievable. please let it be noted that i am not defended Plaxico he deserves the sentence but, you must stop and laugh about how wrong things are.

You beat me to it....You said it perfectly, the only thing that I kinda disagree with is the fact they gave him 2 years for shooting himself....Seems a tad long IMO.
Y2R you are proving my point when you say accidents happen. even though the gun wasnt registered in ny, you seem to think that nobody should be able to carry a gun because accidents happen, but just because accidents happen doesnt change the fact that you have a constitutional right to have a gun. he HAD reason to believe he was a target because steve smith his teammate had been robbed at gunpoint outside his home a few days ago. you cant expect someone to stay in their house all day because theyre scared. and you cant take away 2 YEARS of someones life because of what COULD HAVE happened.

Y2R gets it. His crime was ignoring a law that the city of NY is quite serious about. Thugs, Booze, and Guns don't mix, most people get this

I would bet 90% of frequent club goers agree with the sentence, because they are tired of thugs ruining their evening and sometimes more
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
People should be sentenced based on what happened, not what could have happened.

I understand why the laws are in place that sent Plaxico to jail.

But he had no vicious intent and now his career is in jeopardy because of his own stupidity.
Share 49ersWebzone