There are 152 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is the Patriots scouting so much more superior to ours?

Is it coaching, system, or scouting, what gives. The Pats get Edelman, a qb from Kent State in the 7th round. He looks fantastic as a WR, KR, PR and can run the wild cat.

What is going on, why can't the niners make players fit their system.
Bill Belichick is obviously in league with the devil...
Originally posted by 9erred:
Is it coaching, system, or scouting, what gives. The Pats get Edelman, a qb from Kent State in the 7th round. He looks fantastic as a WR, KR, PR and can run the wild cat.

What is going on, why can't the niners make players fit their system.

And the guy was a QB.

But I can give you a touche...

Raiders found a very good WR in the 7th round last year who just broke his foot. Does that mean they can draft better than everyone?


Look at the Pats draft picks in the years...they are not all that great.
coaching.

all the guys in the league have ability, its how you mold it and utilize it.

the raiders found a way to screw up randy moss.

kerry collins was awful for oakland, goes to Tennessee and has a career revival. the rich get richer...
yes
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
coaching.

all the guys in the league have ability, its how you mold it and utilize it.

the raiders found a way to screw up randy moss.

kerry collins was awful for oakland, goes to Tennessee and has a career revival. the rich get richer...

I bet Andrew Walter will look amazing in that offense if Brady gets hurt.
To me it's the fact that they have a "mature" plan that they just need to plug
players into. If you look at the 49ers during the 80s and early 90s that all they
really had to do.

You build a core, and then just add around it for your schemes.

Every other team is either hindered by multiple unrealistic contracts, egos or
plain lunacy by the front office (Matt Millen comes to mind). They simply don't
have a plan that has been in place for years.

I'd point to the Giants defensive line as an idea of how you build also.
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
To me it's the fact that they have a "mature" plan that they just need to plug
players into. If you look at the 49ers during the 80s and early 90s that all they
really had to do.

You build a core, and then just add around it for your schemes.

Every other team is either hindered by multiple unrealistic contracts, egos or
plain lunacy by the front office (Matt Millen comes to mind). They simply don't
have a plan that has been in place for years.

I'd point to the Giants defensive line as an idea of how you build also.

Until Clark decided it would be a funny joke to not listen to Bill Walsh and draft Druckenloser.
Originally posted by nflguy49:
yes
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
To me it's the fact that they have a "mature" plan that they just need to plug
players into. If you look at the 49ers during the 80s and early 90s that all they
really had to do.

You build a core, and then just add around it for your schemes.

Every other team is either hindered by multiple unrealistic contracts, egos or
plain lunacy by the front office (Matt Millen comes to mind). They simply don't
have a plan that has been in place for years.

I'd point to the Giants defensive line as an idea of how you build also.

Until Clark decided it would be a funny joke to not listen to Bill Walsh and draft Druckenloser.

Yea but he had a cannon for an arm, and you could hitch a car to him and he could drag.....oh wait we wanted him for his brain right?

To answer the second question, you have to have an idea for a scheme, before you can plug players into it. Oh, and you shouldn't be changing OCs every year either, unless you've got one on the bench (Hostler anyone) to plug in. Finally talented players want to play on a winner. Look at the Pats and then look at who
joined the 49ers in the 80s and 90s.