Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Esco:
His daughter made him come back

damnit Esco you need to quit locking s**t up before i can post this

Gotta be faster
Originally posted by Esco:
His daughter made him come back

i didn't even know he had kids
No way that he makes it through the season without tearing that shoulder. I think theres gonna be a lot of bitter players aiming for it, in the hopes that they end this charade for good. I used to respect Farve because of how he played the game, but he's just become an attention whore over the past couple of seasons, and I've pretty much lost all respect for him.

It's a shame he would do this to his legacy.
[ Edited by P-52ENFORCER on Aug 18, 2009 at 4:28 PM ]
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
TWO YEAR 25/MIL!!!!!!!

I sure hope that money isn't guaranteed.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Tarvaris Jackson-QB-Vikings Aug. 18 - 4:16 pm et

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the "feeling around the league" is that the Vikings will try to trade Tarvaris Jackson after signing Brett Favre.
Schefter says third QB J.D. Booty is safe, and the prevailing belief is that Jackson is the odd man out. It's worth noting that the NFL Network reported in mid-June that Jackson would request a trade if Favre became a Viking. The Vikings wouldn't get much, though, and Jackson's stock has further plummeted after an atrocious preseason opener and in-camp knee injury.
Related: John David Booty

Oh god, I can just see it now.... Jackson is better than anything we have, trade for him, do it now!!!!

dont you start that, you should edit your psot, so no one else reads it and gets an idea

It's ok, hopefully anyone that starts that crap will be banned...

Yes, no thank you Tavaris Jackson.
I live in sw minnesota and everybody here hates the idea of farve playing for the vikequees.
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
TWO YEAR 25/MIL!!!!!!!

I sure hope that money isn't guaranteed.

It's really a one year deal for 10-12 mill.
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by elbolitas49ers:
I live in sw minnesota and everybody here hates the idea of farve playing for the vikequees.

They will change their opinion if they win.

I don't see them being a winning team with him, I don't even see him lasting the entire season. 8-8 at best, imo.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by elbolitas49ers:

They will change their opinion if they win.

I don't see them being a winning team with him, I don't even see him lasting the entire season. 8-8 at best, imo.

Nah, Vikes look good without him. I'd pick'em to win the division without Favre. I just hope they don't go overboard getting on his nuts again when the Vikes do well.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
That's awesome!

I love seeing Favre come back!

God, I was hoping to finally watch a football season without Favre.

The Vikings have really screwed themselves over for the future, though. Let's face it: they aren't going anywhere this year. Favre can't hold up, the Williams "brothers" might be facing suspension, and they play in a division that is getting tougher and tougher (Lions notwithstanding). They have given up on a promising young QB, and rather than allowing him to slowly develop, they have mortgaged everything on a single year.
It's going to be fun seeing him play against the Packers.

-9fA
This story will end badly.
The niners will meet him week 3 for the Vikings home opener.

The metrodome will be one crazy loud place.
According to Total Access, the Vikes sold 1,500 Favre jerseys and 2,000 season tickets in the first few hours after he signed. At this age, Favre is an over-hyped dinosaur still collecting paychecks for what he accomlished 5-10 years ago, but the man will sell merchandise and bring crowds.

I wouldn't want him here, but its a smart move for the Vikes imo.
Share 49ersWebzone