LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

Brett Favre signs with Vikings

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Esco:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Still can't believe he tossed his little girl under the bus like that...

Like how ? Esplain please...I missed that.

He said that he asked his daughter a few weeks ago what he should do and she said I don’t know daddy do what you want. So after he “retired” he said that she broke down crying and said she wanted to see him win one more Super Bowl. He asked her why didn’t she tell him that before and she said she didn’t want to influence his decision. He basically said he’s doing it for her and not owning up to being indecisive or egotistical or whatever his real motive is.

He didn't throw his girl under the bus right there. He's just showing he had his family's support.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by tjd808185:

He said that he asked his daughter a few weeks ago what he should do and she said I don’t know daddy do what you want. So after he “retired” he said that she broke down crying and said she wanted to see him win one more Super Bowl. He asked her why didn’t she tell him that before and she said she didn’t want to influence his decision. He basically said he’s doing it for her and not owning up to being indecisive or egotistical or whatever his real motive is.

He didn't throw his girl under the bus right there. He's just showing he had his family's support.

Whatever dude that girl got run over.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Whatever dude that girl got run over.

I bet he blames her when they don't make the playoffs. In private, of course.
how old is his daughter?
  • SerJerryofRice
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Give it a week, he'll change his mind again.

There's a rumor going around that he's going to retire after he beats the Packers on Monday night. Then he's going to remember/be reminded he plays them again and unretire. After he beats them in Green Bay he's to retire again.

Originally posted by artiga1:
wow I HATE Brett favre....i hated before when he was a Packer and used to beat us but now i hate him as a person because he just wont go away and causes so much distraction

i hope someone takes his legs out and tears his ACL so he can never play football again...i know that sounds mean but i dont care

I used to scream at someone on the defense to do this when we played him. Well, that and to tear his f**king head off or break his arm. I used to get reprimanded that this was poor sportsmanship for some reason.
Originally posted by SerJerryofRice:
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Give it a week, he'll change his mind again.

There's a rumor going around that he's going to retire after he beats the Packers on Monday night. Then he's going to remember/be reminded he plays them again and unretire. After he beats them in Green Bay he's to retire again.

Originally posted by artiga1:
wow I HATE Brett favre....i hated before when he was a Packer and used to beat us but now i hate him as a person because he just wont go away and causes so much distraction

i hope someone takes his legs out and tears his ACL so he can never play football again...i know that sounds mean but i dont care

I used to scream at someone on the defense to do this when we played him. Well, that and to tear his f**king head off or break his arm. I used to get reprimanded that this was poor sportsmanship for some reason.

he probably will. it was probably in his contract. im gonna play till i beat the packers at home and away then retire.

i hope we retire him for good. poor sportsmanship or not, im sick and tired of this b*****d.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Lol Packers fans are pissed

Why they got a fine young qb. Farve is old there qb is his kids age.

Pissed at Favre.

Just imagine if Montana did a whole bulls**t fiasco where he decided to go to the Cowboys (since they were big time rivals at that time)

I would of went nuts
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Lol Packers fans are pissed

Why they got a fine young qb. Farve is old there qb is his kids age.

Pissed at Favre.

Just imagine if Montana did a whole bulls**t fiasco where he decided to go to the Cowboys (since they were big time rivals at that time)

I would of went nuts

that woulda been a b***h move. montana showed a little more class than favre. even though i think montana should of retired, the guy thought and proved that he could still play at a high level so more power to him. he was a little bit of a douche to the niners over the years but whatever, i still love joe montana. if i were a green bay fan i would be pissed at favre, he's tried his hardest over the last 2 years to be traded to a rival so he could beat the team that made him who he is and the fans who worship him. no class
  • VDSF
  • Veteran

Good Luck Favre
Originally posted by VDSF:

Good Luck Favre

every team should put out a video like this

let the excuses begin

"Brett Favre informed ESPN on Monday that he may have a cracked rib.

He's experiencing discomfort when he breaths deeply, but is still slated to start Monday night's exhibition. It's a reminder that Favre, despite his track record, is a poor bet to stay healthy all year. He already has a partially torn rotator cuff. Favre has no plans to wear a flak jacket against Houston."
Originally posted by ads_2006:
let the excuses begin

"Brett Favre informed ESPN on Monday that he may have a cracked rib.

He's experiencing discomfort when he breaths deeply, but is still slated to start Monday night's exhibition. It's a reminder that Favre, despite his track record, is a poor bet to stay healthy all year. He already has a partially torn rotator cuff. Favre has no plans to wear a flak jacket against Houston."

gravy
With that O-line he doesn't need a flack jacket. He may need Depends though since at his age he might have a problem with an enlarged prostrate.

At this rate to me, Tom Brady get's to the HOF before Favre. If Favre could kick field goals, he'd the 21st century version of George Blanda. Better not tell that to Al Davis or he'll sign him after this season.

[ Edited by nvninerfan1 on Aug 31, 2009 at 13:45:58 ]
Share 49ersWebzone