LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

*Just a reminder* The Lions were 4-0 last preseason

Shop 49ers game tickets
4-0 in the preseason , and 0-16 in the regular season.

Sometimes, ''more of the same'' is ok in the damn preseason
  • evil
  • Veteran
That doesn't matter....they actually won a game that is a huge feat for them right now. They haven't had that winning feeling since well last preseason.
I remember seeing a commercial on the NFL network saying to watch the NFL season and had a raider fan saying we are 4-0 in the Preaseason and then said "playoffs", little did they know they were going to go 2-14. lol
Tony, great minds think alike. I was gonna remind people of this, too. And that their defense gave up just 8 points/game.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
You guys never saw the preseason champion shirts

Back
Exactly, the preseason is for evaluations and you shouldn't read too much into any of it. In fact, bad teams often times do better in the preseason because they are actually trying to win like the Lions did last year. They're doing this to fool their fanbase into believing that they have turned the corner. Good teams, on the other hand, typically couldn't care less. I remember one of the years that the 49ers won the Super Bowl they didn't even win a single preseson game. I think the year was 1988, but I couldn't find out for sure because no one seems to keep preseason records online - that should also tell you volumes about preseason games.
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
You guys never saw the preseason champion shirts

Back

That's hilarious!
We're 3-0 and our first team offense is garbo.

Especially the QB.
I hope e lose to the charges on friday
Originally posted by valrod33:
I hope e lose to the charges on friday

I have a feeling we might.

The Seahawks could go 4-0 after playing the Raiders on Thursday.

the difference is we could easily be 1-2 if it werent for some missed 2 point conversions...and possibly 0-3 if its not for that pass interference call..
fans who pay attention to the final score in pre season games just don't get it....and perhaps never will.
I remeber back in 2006 when Rex grossman and the rest of the first stringers on the bears looked like GARBO in the preseason. Can anyone tell me how far they got that year?
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by XAnGeLicDiAbLoX:
I remeber back in 2006 when Rex grossman and the rest of the first stringers on the bears looked like GARBO in the preseason. Can anyone tell me how far they got that year?

They went 13-3 won the first 7 games pounded the 9ers 41-10 lost the Super Bowl to Indy 29-17
So, by that logic, we should be happier being 0-3 and purposely lose the last pre-season game to be 0-4. That way, we have a chance of going undefeated in the regular season.

What REALLY matters is that our starters produce out on the field. Neither Hill nor Smith has been impressive, that's trouble. We do expect Gore/Coffee even Sheets to carry this team along w/ our OL doing a good job run-blocking. We have problems at pass-protecting and pass-rushing so far this season, so far we've gotten what... 1 sack (Russell had to fall down for us to get that) while allowing what...about 8 sacks, terrible!

So, who cares about some loser team going 4-0 and then getting a big ZERO in the win column, our players/coaches are no where near as pathetic as the Lions are, although they got some talent. There's talk around here and in sports articles that we are contenders for the NFC West Division and Playoffs are possible this season. I haven't heard any talk about that for the Lions nor their "star" rookie QB carrying the team.

[ Edited by mcbaes72 on Sep 1, 2009 at 08:18:10 ]
Share 49ersWebzone