LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

how do you feel about killah keith lewis......

Shop 49ers game tickets
being a damn arizona Cardinal? Killah, m rob, and ulbrich were the keys to out outstanding special teams play last year...... Do you think we will come out week one and make some big plays on special teams vs us? Sad to see him in the "other" red
sorry here is link

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6957
I think he'll be lucky to make their roster.
i will now have to sell my authentic keith lewis jersey...what a shame
We might see him blowing up one of our guys on return next year.
he had such a productive 2006 season, coming off the bench, and providing a spark for our defense that year. With Lewis in we finished 5-4 to finish the season and he had some game changing hits and ints
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
My prediction is he will get cut and his nfl career will be over. Might surface in the UFL.
Although I dont actually have any proof, my guess is that he asked to be released knowing that he had no chance to start at FS. It just didnt make sense to me that the team would release him so early, especially with the lack of depth at safety and his special team value...
He was just an ok DB,a much better special teamer,but those are not that uncommon these days.Him not being on the team doesn't really hurt us,but I understand how some folks like him.He was never a very good coverage safety,just a big hitter,which is overrated.
Is this a joke? They could have kept him for the vet minimum if he was that great of a special teamer. The guy is nothing special what so ever.

[ Edited by RichmondPete on Jul 25, 2009 at 15:20:42 ]

Originally posted by RichmondPete:
Is this a joke? They could have kept him for the vet minimum if he was that great of a special teamer. The guy is nothing special what so ever.

He played pretty well in 06.
i loved killa keither, dude is a G, hard hits on special teams all the time, should have kept for special teams! i remember when he layed out deon branch against seattle, what a loud hit lol

[ Edited by PRIMETIME21 on Jul 25, 2009 at 15:41:16 ]
  • dj43
Lewis was an inspirational ST guy who was more emotion than production. Those guys are a dime a dozen.

On defense he was a definite liability.

Lewis will need some help with injuries to guys ahead of him to make that team.
Originally posted by dj43:
Lewis was an inspirational ST guy who was more emotion than production. Those guys are a dime a dozen.

On defense he was a definite liability.

Lewis will need some help with injuries to guys ahead of him to make that team.

damn, it only now hit me what "Dime a dozen" really means.

-9fA
He was a great special teams player, had high emotions, he would hit hard, but he was also a big time defensive liability. I always knew he was giving a 100%, so I hope nothing but the best for him (unless it's against the 9ers, of course).
Share 49ersWebzone