There are 227 users in the forums

The Official Las Vegas Raiders Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
dude is fast how does he not beat the corners?
That looked like a pissed off , frustrated sprint.

To his credit though, Jemarcus was throwing at his feet or making field goals with his DHB passes.
dude is pretty f'n fast. When I saw him do that, I was like, WTF? He could of just ran up to him from behind...
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
dude is fast how does he not beat the corners?

From what I've read in Raiders forum he can't get off the line when they bump him and his route running sucks.
He's like a drag racer. All speed, no ability to cut/steer. Unreliable braking system. Either that, or he was too busy trying to impress everyone with his speed that he forgot that he was supposed to tackle the guy.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Pigeons!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Crabtree is just 2 catches behind Heyward-Bey

.....still.....

he will pass him sunday.. i hope
I don't get the Raiders hate. I mean, I don't live in California though, and two of my 3 brothers are Raiders fans (the other is a 49ers fan), but still, it seems out of place for me. I also don't remember the glory years, was only 8 when they won their last SB (and didn't watch it), but is there a reason (other than close proximity) that you guys hate the Raiders? I mean a good reason, not because of their fans (I actually think they should be admired, showing up decked out, loving their team, even while losing, everything but the violence).

Al Davis has done a lot for the NFL, and a lot for people who are now in the NFL. He hired one of the first black head coaches, hired the first latino head coach, and hired the only woman in a top position in the NFL (Amy TrasK).

The guy also goes with his gut, doesn't listen to the media or the Mel Kippers, and only cares about winning.

There is a lot to admire is all I'm saying, I love the 49ers, and am only a fan of one team (the 49ers) but the Raiders have a special place in my heart.
[ Edited by Winners on Oct 19, 2009 at 9:10 PM ]
Originally posted by Winners:
I don't get the Raiders hate. I mean, I don't live in California though, and two of my 3 brothers are Raiders fans (the other is a 49ers fan), but still, it seems out of place for me. I also don't remember the glory years, was only 8 when they won their last SB (and didn't watch it), but is there a reason (other than close proximity) that you guys hate the Raiders? I mean a good reason, not because of their fans (I actually think they should be admired, showing up decked out, loving their team, even while losing, everything but the violence).

Where do you live? How do you feel about the local team?
Originally posted by pantstickle:

I live in Kansas, but have only lived here a few years. I used to live in Idaho, Oregon, and Montana. I don't have a Pro Football team in any state I've lived, although KC is closest.

they have the same record as the chargers!

I live in Kansas, but have only lived here a few years. I used to live in Idaho, Oregon, and Montana. I don't have a Pro Football team in any state I've lived, although KC is closest.

Ah, I see. I'm sure it's proximity and general douchebaggery (aside from your bros, probably) of the fans. I'm sure myself and a few other Texas Niners hate the Cowboys just a little bit more than some of the Californians, if only because of proximity.
Originally posted by teeohh:
they have the same record as the chargers!

haha nice.

That's another thing I'm wondering, why not the hate for the Chargers? Why all the Raiders hate? Did they used to be in the same division?

Hell we played the Chargers in the Super Bowl. They have never won a Super Bowl, does that give them a pass?

Ah, I see. I'm sure it's proximity and general douchebaggery (aside from your bros, probably) of the fans. I'm sure myself and a few other Texas Niners hate the Cowboys just a little bit more than some of the Californians, if only because of proximity.

Why not hate on the Chargers then? For the close proximity thing. Also, I hate the Cowboys a lot. I was just wondering if it was the violent fans more than anything else? Although I'm sure Baltimore and Philly have equally violent fans.
Overall I think the pidgeon had a good game for Oakland, the only complaint I have is when he went down the field on the last kick-off, he shyed away from contact, but he did stay in his lane preventing the Eagles player from kicking it to the outside.

He's gotta stay on the ball though, if he continues to avoid contact then I can see Tom Cable going to back to an actual human for kick-offs again, but we'll see...
Share 49ersWebzone