LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 289 users in the forums

Flash 80...

Shop 49ers game tickets
tutors Fitzgerald!!!

This is a TRUE f'n story, no joke.

I think that this is the WORST thing that Jerry could have done. He came up in THIS organization and while I did not agree with Nolan not bringing him back for a one day contract I understood the reasoning behind it.

I just can't see him doing this for another team. IMHO we need to get JR locked up for our own team to be a Receivers coach or at least team consultant.

I heard it the last day or so on ESPN and just about

~Ceadder
Well that blows.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Man has to get paid, from somewhere.
Originally posted by Chief:

You're tellin me the busiest retired guy in America HAD TO take work from the enemy?

C'mon man you can do better than that.

~Ceadder
Can't believe he would betray the Seahawks like that
  • WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
if it's true, it may be that none of the niner receivers asked him.

I mean, if the GOAT is going to be tutoring you, you'll be working major hard.

Or, none have (yet) shown they are worthy.

Maybe he'll do this for crabtree next year.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Chief:

You're tellin me the busiest retired guy in America HAD TO take work from the enemy?

C'mon man you can do better than that.

~Ceadder

If this is true, I'm sure they are paying him well and he can say he helped build one of the best WR's in the league. Now, get his ass over to train to Morgan and Crabtree.

I know that Crabtree and Rice have a history, Deion Sanders brought Rice to Crabtrees house before the draft.
It's more than just the Cards. Rice was training with Fitz, and Greg Jennings among other players. Last year he was working out with Jackson before the draft. He works out with whatever young and hungry WR's that seek his help
Please! Why in heck should he be limited to whom he can sell his services and expertise? It's simple. If the 9'ers wanted his exclusive rights, they should sign him up as a consultant, trainer, whatever. In the meantime, he can work for whomever he wants. Is this any worse than him playing for the Raiders and Seahawks? Or Singletary coaching the 9'ers and not the Bears? Time to get real and get off the homer horse, my friend.

Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Please! Why in heck should he be limited to whom he can sell his services and expertise? It's simple. If the 9'ers wanted his exclusive rights, they should sign him up as a consultant, trainer, whatever. In the meantime, he can work for whomever he wants. Is this any worse than him playing for the Raiders and Seahawks? Or Singletary coaching the 9'ers and not the Bears? Time to get real and get off the homer horse, my friend.

Yes it is worse imho. And here is why.

As a player who wants to keep playing you will play for whomever will PAY you to play. Like Brett Favre entertaining the idea of playing for the Dykes. Yeah he "retired" but it was a forced retirement. That and the way the Packers refused to let him go to Minnesota before the start of last season kind of got under his skin.

But Jerry is going on 3 full years of retirement and while he has no moral obligation to stay away from the game, he is working with the enemy. He played the bulk of his career with two HoF QBs' and imho if he WANTS to mentor young hungry WRs' then wouldn't it have been nice to OFFER his services to Sing and the 9ers FIRST? And in the event that he gets turned down, I doubt that there would be ONE fan that would blame him for helping the young talented players around the league including teams that are in our division.

That's all I'm sayin. But he didn't and here we are.

~Ceadder
Maybe Rathman could get him over here...
Jerry didn't sign a lifetime contract with the 49ers.

He doesn't owe you, Mike Singletary, or any current 49er anything.

I don't see Bulls fans crying like babies because Jordan is a partial owner of another team. Get over yourself. We casted Rice aside at the 1st sign of him breaking down. Even with the crappiest receiving core in the league (Lloyd, Battle) we still didn't make a play for Rice and instead signed Johnie Morton as the veteran presence.

Don't give me this he owes us cr*p. Our franchise obviously didn't think they owed Rice anything at the end of his career.

This is a business decision. When the best receiver in the game calls you and asks for help you gladly put that on your resume.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jul 10, 2009 at 12:35 AM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Jerry didn't sign a lifetime contract with the 49ers.

He doesn't owe you, Mike Singletary, or any current 49er anything.

I don't see Bulls fans crying like babies because Jordan is a partial owner of another team. Get over yourself. We casted Rice aside at the 1st sign of him breaking down. Even with the crappiest receiving core in the league (Lloyd, Battle) we still didn't make a play for Rice and instead signed Johnie Morton as the veteran presence.

Don't give me this he owes us cr*p. Our franchise obviously didn't think they owed Rice anything at the end of his career.

This is a business decision. When the best receiver in the game calls you and asks for help you gladly put that on your resume.

This. He owes you nothing, and he owes the Niners nothing.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I think Jerry Rice will be a commentator soon.
Share 49ersWebzone