There are 45 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Julius Peppers signs Franchise tender

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Per NFL Network Julius Peppers has signed his one year tender. I wonder if he signed it thinking that there is a deal in place for a trade?? Because he has said before that he wouldn't play a down for Carolina again, source NFL Live few episodes ago.

Quote:
Julius Peppers-DL-Panthers Jun. 24 - 2:35 pm et

Panthers signed franchise player Julius Peppers to a one-year, $16.683 million tender.
He's rescinded his trade demand and appears poised to play another year in Carolina. "Julius is more than satisfied with the outcome and is...ready to play football," his agent said. Peppers, 29, set a career high with 14.5 sacks and five forced fumbles after moving back to his natural right end position in 2008. The four-time Pro Bowler will benefit from getting in a full training camp.
Source: Charlotte Observer

nevermind.

[ Edited by Kolohe on Jun 24, 2009 at 12:48:55 ]
forget julius peppers. we're over that now.. he won't be worth the big bucks at his age next season
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
forget julius peppers. we're over that now.. he won't be worth the big bucks at his age next season

Next year he'll be 30, which is still good enough to sign him to a 3-4 year contract. And who knows, his price would probably come down a bit. If not we go the Terrell Suggs route, depending on how Parys Haralson plays this year of course.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Next year he'll be 30, which is still good enough to sign him to a 3-4 year contract. And who knows, his price would probably come down a bit. If not we go the Terrell Suggs route, depending on how Parys Haralson plays this year of course.

idk about giving a 30 year old a ridiculous contract.. who knows though, he might have another outstanding season so his value might be even higher
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

idk about giving a 30 year old a ridiculous contract.. who knows though, he might have another outstanding season so his value might be even higher

We were prepared to give Adalius Thomas the same amount the Pats offered him and he was also 30 I believe at the time.

We were prepared to give Adalius Thomas the same amount the Pats offered him and he was also 30 I believe at the time.

very true but i'd rather give a nate clements contract to terrell suggs who will be 27 than peppers at 30
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

very true but i'd rather give a nate clements contract to terrell suggs who will be 27 than peppers at 30

I agree.

Yeah, but he didn't start playing a lot till later in his career so technically his legs are "fresher" than Peppers would be at his age.
$1 million per game
Suggs & Peppers are both in heavy talks to sign long term deal I think they have til july 15 to get it done though

Thank God. He's only gotten 11.5 sacks in 2 years, he had 11 in just one season.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Suggs & Peppers are both in heavy talks to sign long term deal I think they have til july 15 to get it done though

I'd like a link to this.... Peppers says he wants to play in a 3-4... Either way it's all about the money and he's going to be commanding more the haynsworth!

He's already making 17 million with that tender lol for a year.. he also was tender last season that's crazy guys set for life and he's still looking for a pay day...

[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Jun 29, 2009 at 01:21:25 ]
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by lamontb:

I'd like a link to this.... Peppers says he wants to play in a 3-4... Either way it's all about the money and he's going to be commanding more the haynsworth!

He's already making 17 million with that tender lol for a year.. he also was tender last season that's crazy guys set for life and he's still looking for a pay day...

They are looking for the pay day, but the long term pay day. they aren't tripping off the one year salary b/c they wont long term guaranteed money. And at there age this is there las shto at a good long term deal. It's the NFL and players want that long term security b/c they can be cut at any minute.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/Articles/2009/06/Suggs_Speaks.aspx
http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2009/06/longterm-deal-could-be-next-for-peppers.html

That talk about going to a 3-4 team was just FA gibberish to get out of Carolina or get more money.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:

Yeah, but he didn't start playing a lot till later in his career so technically his legs are "fresher" than Peppers would be at his age.

That's why Thomas was on IR last year??