LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

J.J. Stokes has lost his mind

Shop 49ers game tickets
JJ should rejoin the 9ers, come for a try out. May be coach Sing can take him as a project. Coach Sing can motivate him to run 40 @ 4.4 and stay up after contact. Raye can also design plays just for him.
Originally posted by King49er:
What an idiot......nobody cares

Originally posted by ninrzrule:
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
We traded up to get JJ. We did nothing to get Crabtree - he fell to us. That's what made JJ's career especially disappointing.

Yeah we pretty much gave up 2 first rounders to get him

This really set our franchise back, IMO.

One of the 1sts we gave up was Ray Lewis!
[ Edited by maxsmart on Apr 26, 2009 at 4:27 PM ]
Tai Streets was a better receiver than JJ Stokes. Does he really think Young and Garcia just didn't get him enough opportunities?! Seriously delusional...
Originally posted by ninrzrule:
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
We traded up to get JJ. We did nothing to get Crabtree - he fell to us. That's what made JJ's career especially disappointing.

Yeah we pretty much gave up 2 first rounders to get him

This really set our franchise back, IMO.

Absolutely, not to mention that I believe he was the second highest paid player on the team behind TO despite not earning it EVER. I was thrilled when they finally got rid of that bum.
  • Twister68
  • Info N/A
I don't what is he smoking but he should stop it.
I hope that clown is no longer on the postgame show. He signed his big contract then disappeared.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
By far the softest 6'4 Wr I've ever seen.
He's just bitter he was living in the shadow of Jerry Rice.
To say Young didn't threw him the ball enough is just ridiculous. I remember clearly Young was and the only QB that actually lobbied throwing the ball to JJ Stokes because of his height. Young would say, just throw it up and let JJ go up for it over the shorter DBs. In fact JJ lost his most avid supporter when Young came out of the game. I think had Young continued to play, JJ may have a little more success. But they can't ignore the fast rising TO.

Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
does j.j. stokes like fish sticks ?

yeah he's a gay fish like Kanye West. lol
Stokes wants to blame Young an HOF QB for his lack of catches? Stokes was drafted in 95 with huge expectations and didn’t get it done and didn’t have to worry about TO until 96.

If Stokes would choose to remember in 97 Rice was lost for the year when he got injured against Tampa did Stokes step up no Owens did. Rice was let go in 2000. If Stokes was all that he would have stepped it up and had a bust out year in 97 and become the man instead Owens got it done along with Streets. In 2000 Garcia threw for 4,200 plus yards and 2001 over 3500 plus yards and was a back to back Pro Bowl QB I guess it was Garcia fault that Stokes didn’t get enough opportunity?

In conclusion in the In the 8 season Stokes played for SF Rice played opposite him for 5 and TO for 7. He had a HOF QB and 2 time Pro Bowl (or was it 3) QB throwing the ball. These QB threw for over 3000 yards and even 4000 yards yet somehow Stokes was not given an opportunity to catch the ball. By the way in Rice final season he only had 800+ receiving yards while Garcia threw for 4200 yards leaving 3400 yards distributed among other WR, TE and RB in a losing season (our defense was weak). Again, more proof that Stokes did not step up.

J.J. your brain is fried your problem was that A) you were never open, B) you fell down instead of getting tackled C) TO and Rice were flat out better then you.
You cost us 2 first round picks and while not R Woods pretty damn close
  • Rochi516
  • Info N/A
J. J. Stokes is a piece of s***!!!
In college Stokes had ONE move that made him get tons of ATC yards.

He would catch the ball, anticipate the hit coming, and then spin off of it, he endlessly did that and it worked a lot. The college DB's were not strong enough or smart enough to beat it.

Then, when he comes to the pro's, he tried to do that same spin move. Unfortunately, the pro DB's never fell for that bulls**t move.

THAT was the difference between Stokes in college and Stokes in the NLF; the spin move.

Fortunately, Crabtree's success was not dependent upon a silly spin move. Crabtree is extremely fast out of his breaks, Stokes never was.
Crabtree is stronger, can run faster while turning his head, and has better balance than Stokes ever had.

Stokes size, and spin move is all he had in college.
Crabtree is a completely different player.

Crabtree is more like an Anquan Boldin type of player. QUICK and STRONG.
Josh Morgan is a very similar type of player.

Those two together are PERFECT for the type of offense we want to run.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Apr 28, 2009 at 12:18 AM ]
  • gore4prez
  • Info N/A
Wow.....why would you say that JJ ?
Share 49ersWebzone