There are 188 users in the forums

J.J. Stokes has lost his mind

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • nekst
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by BrianGO:
In college Stokes had ONE move that made him get tons of ATC yards.

He would catch the ball, anticipate the hit coming, and then spin off of it, he endlessly did that and it worked a lot. The college DB's were not strong enough or smart enough to beat it.

Then, when he comes to the pro's, he tried to do that same spin move. Unfortunately, the pro DB's never fell for that bulls**t move.

THAT was the difference between Stokes in college and Stokes in the NLF; the spin move.

Fortunately, Crabtree's success was not dependent upon a silly spin move. Crabtree is extremely fast out of his breaks, Stokes never was.
Crabtree is stronger, can run faster while turning his head, and has better balance than Stokes ever had.

Stokes size, and spin move is all he had in college.
Crabtree is a completely different player.

Crabtree is more like an Anquan Boldin type of player. QUICK and STRONG.
Josh Morgan is a very similar type of player.

Those two together are PERFECT for the type of offense we want to run.

I remember the spin move... I just don't know about the part in bold. I guess we will see how "fast" he really is out of his breaks against NFL DBs rather than Big 12 DBs.
Originally posted by Hopper:
By far the softest 6'4 Wr I've ever seen.

.. and the slowest. The reason they never threw him the ball was because he was never open. He could not separate at all.

Was this a BW move, I don't remember?? If so, this would have to go down as his worst move ever.
Maybe this will be about Crabtree in 10 years
and this needed to be bumped why?
Originally posted by 49erWill:

LMAO!

JJ what a scrub
Crabtree is alot more talented than Stokes though.

Crabtree has better hands, is a better route runner, and has better after the catch skills.

neither were very fast, but speed is only useful if you have a QB with a cannon arm (with accuracy). id rather have hands/route running/YAC talent than burner speed anyday.
We didn't throw him the ball more because he was slow and couldn't get open. His brother who lives here in San Diego says the same stuff. I actually have met his brother and he says they didn't throw J.J. the ball a lot because they didn't want to have to pay him more if he put up big numbers.

He never was as good of an athlete as we thought when we picked him.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We didn't throw him the ball more because he was slow and couldn't get open. His brother who lives here in San Diego says the same stuff. I actually have met his brother and he says they didn't throw J.J. the ball a lot because they didn't want to have to pay him more if he put up big numbers.

He never was as good of an athlete as we thought when we picked him.

Exactly, so what happened when he left here for New England? They didn't throw to him enough? It's a league wide conspiracy to keep the the great JJ Stokes down.
They never threw to him because he would drop them. Steve Young used to be frustrated by how hard he tried to light a fire under his ass with no result. Atleast when TO dropped one, he was dynamic with the catches he did make. Stokes RAC ability was all based of a juke step followed by a whole lot of lateral running in the pros. He rarely ever got this going but I recall him getting a big gain this way in the MNF game against the Broncos aka Jerry's Comeback game.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
does j.j. stokes like fish sticks ?

lmao ! i forgot this thread existed. i was about to post again

Originally posted by bigmur49:

JJ Stokes is jealous because he's stuck doing talk radio in Modesto and wishes he had more success after football and during football. s**t came easy to him at UCLA and he struggled from the moment he got to the NFL...........If you're good they throw you the ball, if you're not they don't. If I recall his always being open at UCLA never really translated to the NFL.
Originally posted by bigmur49:

Originally posted by blunt_probe:
and this needed to be bumped why?

people bump things for no real reasons other than boredom or wanting to be seen
yes and those 2 first rounders ended up being eric moulds (a very good WR over the course of his career, one of the best in the league at the height of his career) and ray lewis (yeah....)

freaking jj. i still remember his last play with the 49ers.... a 50-something yard gain against the rams when we were on our own goalline. then he hurt his knee on that play and i never saw him in a niners uni again!
Share 49ersWebzone