There are 208 users in the forums

Is the real smash mouth team across the bay?

Shop 49ers game tickets
the raiders get smashed in the mouth.. you're right about that
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Youngone:
Its great to come across a gem of a time capsule of a thread....Yes I would say they are the real smash mouth team....don't argue with the coach or he'll smash your f**king mouth.

Couldn't resist, eh?
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by yoda76:
I think in the Bay Area you would have to refer to the Raiders as the real smash mouth team. Tom Cable comes in 2007 after helping the Falcons lead the NFL in rushing....and he has the Raiders averaging just under 130 yards a game over 2 seasons. And that is 2 seasons of losing football, almost always behind football, playing against a stacked box football...AND they still manage to drop 130 yards on their opponents. Now that Tom Cable also got the permanent position after being an interim HC, his philosphy will become even more deeply embedded. If McFadden turns it on now...look out.

That is great!

When a team is winning, they don't "stack the box" they play a prevent defense, and the fact that the raiders can actually run the ball against a prevent defense........is very impressive

Most teams don't get into prevent into well late in the game, regardless of how much of a lead they have. Most teams simply stack the box against teams they absolutely have no respect for the passing game...from the very beginning of the game. I think playing against prevent late in the game factors a bit, but even when the Niners played against prevent they didn't put up these kind of running numbers....and we have Gore!!

Sorry, all signs point to the Raiders having a better running system than the Niners

Sorry, all signs point to you not knowing what you are talking about.
If by smashmouth, you mean Cable smashing his assistant's mouth, then yes.

Otherwise, have you been watching our D play?!? We just need to replace our soft ass o-line with some maulers and
wow this post is more terrible now than back in april........
I think in the Bay Area you would have to refer to the Raiders as the real smash mouth team. Tom Cable comes in 2007 after helping the Falcons lead the NFL in rushing....and he has the Raiders averaging just under 130 yards a game over 2 seasons. And that is 2 seasons of losing football, almost always behind football, playing against a stacked box football...AND they still manage to drop 130 yards on their opponents. Now that Tom Cable also got the permanent position after being an interim HC, his philosphy will become even more deeply embedded. If McFadden turns it on now...look out.

Great thread

-9fA
LOL...well at least I make predictions. 85% of this forum is filled with wussies unwilling to go out on a limb about anything.

Alex Smith,,,,,uhh well lets see how it goes next year. Forget the fact I was one of the few who predicted he would be a bust back in March of 2005. BTW, I also predicted Jonas Jennings was a HUGE mistake..the day he signed. And I also predicted we would miss the playoffs every single season we have missed the playoffs since 2002. But yeah, I don't know what I am talking about.

And, in this prediction, all I was saying is that the Raiders may be the better running team. Maybe I used Smash Mouth a little incorrectly but if you read my posts I was clearly saying the Raiders HAD been the better running team and it may continue this season.

Laugh it up, but I am right way more often than I am wrong and at least I have the balls to risk something now and then anyway.

BTW, neither the Niners or the Raiders are running the ball well right now....and the Niners not being a good running team just because they say they are going to be a running team was the spirit of my message at that time.
LOL...well at least I make predictions. 85% of this forum is filled with wussies unwilling to go out on a limb about anything.

Alex Smith,,,,,uhh well lets see how it goes next year. Forget the fact I was one of the few who predicted he would be a bust back in March of 2005. BTW, I also predicted Jonas Jennings was a HUGE mistake..the day he signed. And I also predicted we would miss the playoffs every single season we have missed the playoffs since 2002. But yeah, I don't know what I am talking about.

And, in this prediction, all I was saying is that the Raiders may be the better running team. Maybe I used Smash Mouth a little incorrectly but if you read my posts I was clearly saying the Raiders HAD been the better running team and it may continue this season.

Laugh it up, but I am right way more often than I am wrong and at least I have the balls to risk something now and then anyway.

BTW, neither the Niners or the Raiders are running the ball well right now....and the Niners not being a good running team just because they say they are going to be a running team was the spirit of my message at that time.

So are we making the playoffs this year, and how many TD's will "The Tree" score this season
Originally posted by King49er:

So are we making the playoffs this year, and how many TD's will "The Tree" score this season

I predicted No....and can't wait to be wrong.

2 TD's

lol you're marginally better than MadDog.

-9fA

Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

well Crabtrees contract is not 1/4 complete...but the season is only 1/4 complete....so there is a fundamental difference right there.

But you know what, I don't even blame Mad Dog at this point. This forum is HUGE on serving Crow, but no one ever wants to hand out props. You guys can't have it both ways.
Danimal you made a bold prediction, against the 49ers and in favor of the Raiders.

The tears don't make crow taste any better.

-9fA

well Crabtrees contract is not 1/4 complete...but the season is only 1/4 complete....so there is a fundamental difference right there.

But you know what, I don't even blame Mad Dog at this point. This forum is HUGE on serving Crow, but no one ever wants to hand out props. You guys can't have it both ways.

Next time you're right, you can go ahead and bump that special thread that you created. You'll get your props then

-9fA

-9fA

i don't understand the point in guessing busts/steals/superstars. What purpose does it serve?

Ok, you said Alex Smith was a bust. You want a cookie or something? What purpose does it serve to the niner community that you were correct except to massage your own ego? Do you really need to receive compliments from an internet message board of all things?

The only benefit I see to making predictions is just so you could go and say "I told you so" which is exactly what you are doing with your alex smith reference.

Please, let me know what is so important about these predictions.

-9fA

Next time you're right, you can go ahead and bump that special thread that you created. You'll get your props then

-9fA

But I would not do it prematurely....because premature would mean me bumping this.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=123384&page=2

Notice I did not bump s**t when Sanchez just knocked off the Pats or when he became like the first rookie ever to be 3-0!!

No, but some real premature cats sure found this thread.

A. It's early
B. My prediction is taken way out of context.
Share 49ersWebzone