LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

Vick signs with Eagles

Shop 49ers game tickets
Lets sign him make it happen. What a dangerous weapon he can be. Haters just like hating for no reason. Not realizing what a talent he is. He makes plays other Qb's can't. Pull the trigger and sign him ASAP.
I would love to see us get Vick. He did his time, people need to get over it and move on. Hes going to play again in the NFL and hes got some playing left in him.
  • rob28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eastie:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
""It's a dead issue. In terms of Michael Vick and the 49ers, it's not happening." - Mike Singletary 7/28/09
Why not? He's paid his dues to society, he's a good football player, and we can use another weapon on offense.
he would lead our team in rushing and td's why not.
Vick can do all the thinking he wants. Here are the facts PETA will run wild all over the Bay Area if Vick comes to SF. I wouldn't mind him on the FIELD competing for a job but man it would be a 49ers PR Disaster.
  • rob28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Vick has done nothing but suck ass! as a QB He was a terrible QB before his arrest and will be even worse after! Why does everyone want that bum! Most overrated QB ever Guy had some of the worst accuracy a QB can have
our current roster has nothing but bums at the qb position.
I don't get why anyone would want him as a 49er, much less in the league. I don't give a flying f**k where he's "paid his debt to society". He along with some of the rest of the thugs in the NFL, and other sports, need to be taught a lesson that it is a privilege to play a game for business. If you violate the trust, then you don't get to play or be paid.

Most of these sons of b****es got a free ride through college, became millionaires and then "tossed" it in the publics face. If you or I did that we'd get arrested, and after we got out we would find the door closed for any decent job.

Why the hell are these guys any different? Don't throw the window of opportunity timeframe out here. They knew that when THEY COMMITTED THE CRIME.

Until these "stars" start being held accountable and paying for it, we'll continue to see rainmakers, thugs, and assorted other misfits "entertain us".
Originally posted by GONINERS09:
Lets sign him make it happen. What a dangerous weapon he can be. Haters just like hating for no reason. Not realizing what a talent he is. He makes plays other Qb's can't. Pull the trigger and sign him ASAP.

No reason?
Guess we will see
Originally posted by BasharCali49:
Vick can do all the thinking he wants. Here are the facts PETA will run wild all over the Bay Area if Vick comes to SF. I wouldn't mind him on the FIELD competing for a job but man it would be a 49ers PR Disaster.

because of PETA the 49ers should not try and sign him? lol why should any business base anything on what PETA will try and do? They can't stop a NFL team from signing him. Some team like the NE PATS will sign him and win another 2 or 3 superbowls. I did not like anything Vick did with dogs, and I think hes a a-hole, but really he spent time in jail and lost millions, people kill other people and don't get what he got. Its time to move on people.
Why this piece of crap gains one bit of attention from the media, I'll never understand. He was not very good before imprisonment, and there is no reason to believe he will help any team in any way.

Why would some franchise go through all the trouble to sign a backup QB? They'd have to be pretty stupid.

Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
I don't get why anyone would want him as a 49er, much less in the league. I don't give a flying f**k where he's "paid his debt to society". He along with some of the rest of the thugs in the NFL, and other sports, need to be taught a lesson that it is a privilege to play a game for business. If you violate the trust, then you don't get to play or be paid.

Most of these sons of b****es got a free ride through college, became millionaires and then "tossed" it in the publics face. If you or I did that we'd get arrested, and after we got out we would find the door closed for any decent job.

Why the hell are these guys any different? Don't throw the window of opportunity timeframe out here. They knew that when THEY COMMITTED THE CRIME.

Until these "stars" start being held accountable and paying for it, we'll continue to see rainmakers, thugs, and assorted other misfits "entertain us".

This post is a thing of beauty... +1 to you sir, and MadDog.
Originally posted by 49erJim:
I would love to see us get Vick. He did his time, people need to get over it and move on. Hes going to play again in the NFL and hes got some playing left in him.

So let me get this straight, you are okay with putting someone dumb enough to throw his multimillion dollar career away to finance an illegal dog fighting ring in charge of the offense?The logic of this escapes me,please explain how it is a good thing to have a certified moron (felony conviction aside) running the offense?As for playing QB,he was never as good as Hill,and only marginally better than Smith at passing the ball.We already have at least two running backs that are better than him,and we definitely enough receivers...so where does Vick fit on this team?The fact that this is even seriously considered by a fan of the niners shows how bad we have had it for years.We deserve a break after so many years,but Vick and the media circus that will surround him could only be detrimental to the team.I agree he has paid his debt to society,and I am all for him playing in the NFL if someone is crazy enough to hire him...maybe Oakland Al will sign him,he is pretty fast,and Russel is the true bust in the Bay Area.
Vick is not a good QB.

-9fA
I again will state my case and be a Vick supporter. He would take the team to the playoffs! well congras to whatever team lands him.

wish it was the will be the 9ers....
  • dj43
Michael Vick was NEVER a very accurate passer. He also had trouble reading defenses. He was at his best running option plays.

So with the 49ers already set up to be a run-oriented team, with Gore and now Coffee drafted to back him up, why would they want a QB who would only take running reps away from the two main guys?

What the 49ers would wind up with is an uncertain passer whose main job would be to hand off to the true star of the team. Along with that, this young, developing team, instead of being allowed to focus on development, would be saddled with a media circus that would NEVER quit.

I don't get why anyone would want him here. Not only does he not fit the team, he would be a HUGE distraction.

The only place he might fit would be as a backup on a veteran team. Indy comes to mind but I'm not sure that would be a decent place given they have a new coach.
Share 49ersWebzone