LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 236 users in the forums

Vick signs with Eagles

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by eastie:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
""It's a dead issue. In terms of Michael Vick and the 49ers, it's not happening." - Mike Singletary 7/28/09

Why not? He's paid his dues to society, he's a good football player, and we can use another weapon on offense.

Originally posted by eastie:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
""It's a dead issue. In terms of Michael Vick and the 49ers, it's not happening." - Mike Singletary 7/28/09

Why not? He's paid his dues to society, he's a good football player, and we can use another weapon on offense.

It doesn't matter why, but when the COO, GM, and Head coach within 24 hours all say no, like the quote says it becomes a "dead issue"

Plus if the team is serious about moving forward in a tough fight in Santa Clara to get a new stadium they don't need any people against them. And as smaller or big as animal rights groups are they would be out there ASAP.

Two first round picks next year, even if Vick makes up better he can't start until maybe week 6 and Singletary wants winning to start week 1. Just not a good fit and thats why everyone on every level in the 49ers have said NOT HERE.

[ Edited by global_nomad on Jul 28, 2009 at 17:43:15 ]
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
He deserves a chance at redemption.....just not with us.
Why are you guys all afraid of Vick? He was a probowler, his teammates liked him and he has paid for his crimes. Does everyone on this forum need to have a man crush on every player on the team? Borderline homo sorry.
Originally posted by Nes49:
He deserves a chance at redemption.....just not with us.

Agree.

I can't think of anything he could bring this team in terms of helping us win.
Originally posted by mug0mug:
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Vick has done nothing but suck ass! as a QB
He was a terrible QB before his arrest and will be even worse after!
Why does everyone want that bum!
Most overrated QB ever
Guy had some of the worst accuracy a QB can have

I'm not saying I necessarily want him on the Niners (mostly because I don't want to listen to people whine about how he's evil and should be killed or whatever), but I find it unreasonable, or perhaps dishonest, to say that a QB who, in 6 seasons, achieved 3 Pro-Bowls, 2nd in voting for league MVP, took his team to the playoffs multiple times (including the conference championship), & set not less than 6 all-time NFL records, sucks ass and is terrible.

The main reason why he got into 3 pro bowls, was cause of name alone, he had terrible years, sucky passer rating, and only could run as a QB, he IMO isnt a good talent at all as a QB, maybe as a wildcat QB, but not pure pass back QB, which is what we should focus on, not this stupid wildcat formation.
another thing, im not hating on him, cause of his past, in fact i agree he paid his debt, even tho i think he should of gotten 5 yrs, but anyway, let him back, thats fine, but he shouldnt be given millions and millions cause he is a great "athlete", he should work his ass off and regain trust, remember he lied to the nfl and lied to everyone, he should have to regain trust and his status, he shouldnt be put up on a petastole cause of his NFL recognition.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by mug0mug:
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Vick has done nothing but suck ass! as a QB
He was a terrible QB before his arrest and will be even worse after!
Why does everyone want that bum!
Most overrated QB ever
Guy had some of the worst accuracy a QB can have

I'm not saying I necessarily want him on the Niners (mostly because I don't want to listen to people whine about how he's evil and should be killed or whatever), but I find it unreasonable, or perhaps dishonest, to say that a QB who, in 6 seasons, achieved 3 Pro-Bowls, 2nd in voting for league MVP, took his team to the playoffs multiple times (including the conference championship), & set not less than 6 all-time NFL records, sucks ass and is terrible.

The main reason why he got into 3 pro bowls, was cause of name alone, he had terrible years, sucky passer rating, and only could run as a QB, he IMO isnt a good talent at all as a QB, maybe as a wildcat QB, but not pure pass back QB, which is what we should focus on, not this stupid wildcat formation.

Well let me know when Smith or Hill gets to the NFC Championship game.

Vick is a good QB when he has a OC that plays to his strengths. Mora switched his coordinator half-way through Vick's tenure in Atlanta I believe and tried to turn him into a west coast offense QB. Big mistake.
  • JD81
  • Veteran
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/28/michael-vick-has-an-idea-where-hell-play/

ONE WORD.....

ARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH.
this confirms , he is a dumbass

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=127355

• rob28
  • Veteran
Hill or smith=7-9 or worse.
vick=8-8 and maybe playoffs!
Lol, the dudes a dumbass. He says that two teams will likely sign him, and both teams having said earlier that they don't want him.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=127355

Singletary said NO, TODAY!
Originally posted by RonMexico:
this confirms , he is a dumbass

Why is he a dumbass? So he thinks he's coming here. Does that make him dumb? Maybe that was a joke and I'm reading too far into this but if it was a joke then it wasn't very funny, at all.
Share 49ersWebzone