LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 336 users in the forums

Vick signs with Eagles

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TX9R:
For a team that was already a contender, I'm not sure a distraction like this is worth a back up QB. Every time there's a press conference Vick will come up. After 6 weeks the players and coaches will be very tired of it, then he's eligible. This will last all year and I think mentally take away from them contending. And they over paid big time. Why not offer the league minimum? It's not like he had leverage. Bad move IMO.

This is no more of a bad move as when they drafted QB Kolb in the 2nd round a few years back. I for the life of me do not understand why the Eagles treat McNabb so poorly. I think this signing has more to do with the Eagles getting prepared to move in a diferent direction from McNabb
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
yes, in the US, animals get more sympathy than humans. Vick served his time, get off his nuts. I hope he does well. I got a feeling McNabb can no longer play a full 16 game season.

No, premeditation is the key here. You don't see Ray Carruth walking the streets do you? Our court system/ general population has sympathy for those who didn't intend to commit their crimes. Like it or not people can understand how you can have too much too drink and then recklessly drive. People can't understand how you can get off to animals ripping each other apart.

That being said I do think he deserves another chance and I give African props for actually breaking down the signing. I too wondered if the Vick signing could be a way to push McNabb out the door. Everyone knows that Philly doesn't like to pay big contracts. Could this be a message to McNabb that he is replaceable?
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Aug 14, 2009 at 8:02 AM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
yes, in the US, animals get more sympathy than humans. Vick served his time, get off his nuts. I hope he does well. I got a feeling McNabb can no longer play a full 16 game season.

No, premeditation is the key here. You don't see Ray Carruth walking the streets do you? Our court system/ general population has sympathy for those who didn't intend to commit their crimes. Like it or not people can understand how you can have too much too drink and then recklessly drive. People can't understand how you can get off to animals ripping each other apart.

It happens all the time in nature
whoa whoa whoa, Vick doesnt play for the Falcons, why would they let him go he just rushed for over 1000 yards
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

and

Wildfires are apart of nature too doesn't justify me being a pyro though.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:

ill be using him in madden !

YES! Vick was UNSTOPPABLE in Madden!

and

Wildfires are apart of nature too doesn't justify me being a pyro though.
I don't recall the last wild fire that started naturally.
The Eagles are a good match for Vick. McNabb is getting up there and he has had a hard time staying healthy, so Vick could get some serious playing time on a very good team. Then all you people who hate him can watch him get hit, and he used to get hit really hard and often due to his running too much.
i know vick was never a great qb.. but i'm curious to see if he still has some wheels left in the tank.. that dude gave defenses fits with his speed

Lightning causes wild fires all of the time. Fires are a natural occurance.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Aug 14, 2009 at 9:49 AM ]

Lightning causes wild fires all of the time. Fires are a natural occurance.

If you are a fire fighter in Cali and you want some overtime pay......

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

That being said I do think he deserves another chance and I give African props for actually breaking down the signing. I too wondered if the Vick signing could be a way to push McNabb out the door. Everyone knows that Philly doesn't like to pay big contracts. Could this be a message to McNabb that he is replaceable?

Exactly what I have been trying to say all along.

He may deserve another chance, but hes certainly not my choice for a QB.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TX9R:
For a team that was already a contender, I'm not sure a distraction like this is worth a back up QB. Every time there's a press conference Vick will come up. After 6 weeks the players and coaches will be very tired of it, then he's eligible. This will last all year and I think mentally take away from them contending. And they over paid big time. Why not offer the league minimum? It's not like he had leverage. Bad move IMO.

This is no more of a bad move as when they drafted QB Kolb in the 2nd round a few years back. I for the life of me do not understand why the Eagles treat McNabb so poorly. I think this signing has more to do with the Eagles getting prepared to move in a diferent direction from McNabb

Oh I think it is. Vick is about 30 and we know what he is. Kolb was at least a move for the future, a good idea much like Rodgers was for GB. Also, no bad press.
Share 49ersWebzone