There are 170 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vick signs with Eagles

Vick has done nothing but suck ass! as a QB
He was a terrible QB before his arrest and will be even worse after!
Why does everyone want that bum!
Most overrated QB ever
Guy had some of the worst accuracy a QB can have
A league source tells Jason Reid of the Washington Post that free agent Michael Vick believes he'll either end up with the 49ers or Redskins.
Two other sources say there's "nothing there" with Vick and the Skins at the moment, but that "anything can happen when Dan Snyder is determined to pursue a player." Vick is a Virginia native and was allegedly spotted in Loudon County (VA), a D.C. suburb, earlier this week. A conflict of interest looms, though. Agent Joel Segal represents both Vick and Skins starter Jason Campbell.
link
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
A league source tells Jason Reid of the Washington Post that free agent Michael Vick believes he'll either end up with the 49ers or Redskins.
Two other sources say there's "nothing there" with Vick and the Skins at the moment, but that "anything can happen when Dan Snyder is determined to pursue a player." Vick is a Virginia native and was allegedly spotted in Loudon County (VA), a D.C. suburb, earlier this week. A conflict of interest looms, though. Agent Joel Segal represents both Vick and Skins starter Jason Campbell.
link

The Skins can have him...
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
A league source tells Jason Reid of the Washington Post that free agent Michael Vick believes he'll either end up with the 49ers or Redskins.
Two other sources say there's "nothing there" with Vick and the Skins at the moment, but that "anything can happen when Dan Snyder is determined to pursue a player." Vick is a Virginia native and was allegedly spotted in Loudon County (VA), a D.C. suburb, earlier this week. A conflict of interest looms, though. Agent Joel Segal represents both Vick and Skins starter Jason Campbell.
link

woooooooooooooooo
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Vick has done nothing but suck ass! as a QB
He was a terrible QB before his arrest and will be even worse after!
Why does everyone want that bum!
Most overrated QB ever
Guy had some of the worst accuracy a QB can have

All this is true. I really don't care where he goes, as long it is not SF.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,576
He wasn't terrible, he had poor passing accuracy, but was quite the elusive runner.
I think with all this considered he was an average QB, there are many a team in the NFL that have QBs who perform below average, to them Vick would be an upgrade.
He relied on his speed and elusiveness to make plays, 2 things that I do not think degrade much from not playing. The things that need practice and playing to remain sharp, accuracy and timing, he wasn't any good at anyway. That being said I don't think he will have regressed much.
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Vick has done nothing but suck ass! as a QB
He was a terrible QB before his arrest and will be even worse after!
Why does everyone want that bum!
Most overrated QB ever
Guy had some of the worst accuracy a QB can have

I'm not saying I necessarily want him on the Niners (mostly because I don't want to listen to people whine about how he's evil and should be killed or whatever), but I find it unreasonable, or perhaps dishonest, to say that a QB who, in 6 seasons, achieved 3 Pro-Bowls, 2nd in voting for league MVP, took his team to the playoffs multiple times (including the conference championship), & set not less than 6 all-time NFL records, sucks ass and is terrible.
  • KNRO1670
  • Info N/A
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/28/michael-vick-has-an-idea-where-hell-play/

I think not Michael!
I really doubt it. Scott McCloughan has already gone on record as saying that they are not interested in Vick.
NOOOOOOOOO !!!
It's probably his agent drumming up the news.

It's not gonna happen..

-9fA
Oh please god no. if this team signs vick im f**king done. we might have been one of the worst teams the last 6 years but atleast we didnt employ pos human beings. if we suck and we have a*****es like vick on this team i have no reason to watch this team. f**k vick.
""It's a dead issue. In terms of Michael Vick and the 49ers, it's not happening." - Mike Singletary 7/28/09
someone important please lock this bullsh!t
Originally posted by global_nomad:
""It's a dead issue. In terms of Michael Vick and the 49ers, it's not happening." - Mike Singletary 7/28/09

Why not? He's paid his dues to society, he's a good football player, and we can use another weapon on offense.